Mercedes Sauber C 9 Race car tuning?

• Thread starter Frosty288
  • 7 comments
Well this is my first post, and i've been reading and taking in a lot of what has been floating around here, tips and such. It's a nice forum!

Anyways, i'm wondering if anyone has a good config for the Sauber C9 Race Car? And before you flame me I did use the search, I couldn't find anything. :( The problem with the car imho is it's a little to stiff, doesn't turn to well, and when accelerating out of corners the car straightens out. Not only that it bounces like a mother in the 120-170mph range. I tried some settings and I did loosen it just a little bit, but I still wasn't happy with the results. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

I'm currently B-Specing the La Sarthe II 24 hr, lapped 2nd place 8 times now, and it's only 13 hours in. But I looked in advance for some Bently Speed 8 settings also and I couldn't find any. But that will have to wait until I get the car to see if I need to change it at all.

Frosty288
...it's a little to stiff, doesn't turn too well, and when accelerating out of corners the car straightens out. Not only that it bounces like a mother in the 120-170mph range...I'm currently B-Specing the La Sarthe II 24 hr, lapped 2nd place 8 times now, and it's only 13 hours in...

That pretty much sums up why we haven't seen a lot of setups posted for the Le Mans cars.

Maybe if our friends at Polyphony Digital had spent just a little more time making the AI a tougher challenge for us we would be motivated to improve on the exotic endurance racers. Problem is, with almost all of the Group C, GT1, and LMP cars, you can run them in near-stock or even completely stock form, and just drive away from your AI "competition" in almost any event.

Sure, they can all be improved, but what's the point? That means we'll just dominate the races that much more.

Le Mans car setups will probably always be rarely posted.

Hrm, well if this is the case, then I will have to attempt to make my own. Right now i'm working on the Bently Speed 8. I've got it running pretty good in A-Spec, but it's sliding just a little to much. Probably have to mess with the spring rates more. I'll post it in another thread when i'm done. If I get it at all.

Frosty288
Hrm, well if this is the case, then I will have to attempt to make my own. Right now i'm working on the Bently Speed 8. I've got it running pretty good in A-Spec, but it's sliding just a little to much. Probably have to mess with the spring rates more. I'll post it in another thread when i'm done. If I get it at all.
ive won that race in my saber.i did not really change anythng.racing hard for the front.super hard on the back.gear ratio set at 18.thats all i did.all in b speck set on number 2.

I don't know why, but silver cars always look heavier. This 438 lb. rocket was tuned using all available modifications including frame stiffner with racing hard tires. The brake steering at 200+ is "brisk" so you may want to de-tune the front a click.
brakes 3/3
springs 14.8/14.8
height 84/95
bound 6/6
rebound 7/7
camber 2.8/1.7
toe -1/0
stabilizer 6/6
asm/o 0
asm/u 0
tcs 4
downforce 63/88
lsd 10/40/20
enjoy

If you want an AI challenge, just click your way over to "World Circuits", pick any decent track; I use Nurburgring (at over 98% complete I have long since stopped winning prize cars or trophies), select "Family Cup" and set the difficulty slider to 2, which is 2 units above middle or average on a 20 click slider (imagine 8 or 10). No driver in any "semi"tuned Supercar or LMP will be able to hang with those AI's much less collect the measley 10 points offered for that level of competition. Here is a Sauber "C" car that will:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1641685#post1641685
:)

Here is the setting I like best for the Sauber:

Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car '89

SR_______7.1/7.8
RH_______61/61
SB________4/4
SRB_______5/7
CA______2.2/1.0
TA________0/0
ST________6/6

IT__________5