Merry Miatas Holiday Series Wednesday Nights

• Thread starter PApunk924
  • 802 comments
United States
United States
Starting Wednesday November 27th we will be running a 6 week holiday series with the Mazda Miata Touring Car.

This series will feature the Miata with max hp on short tracks.

There will also be a new qualifying format that we are going to be using for this series.

Please check out the following posts for rules and settings.

Hope to see you on the track!

Lobbies will open @ 9:30pm EST

Qualifying will consist of two 10 minute heat races. (Please see below for how this will work)
Heat races will start at 9:45pm EST

Feature race will be 20 minutes consisting of the top 16 drivers from qualifying races.

Mazda Roadster Touring Car
Maximum HP
Stock weight
Racing Soft Tires
Tire wear x6
Fuel consumption off
Light damage (heat races)
Heavy damage (feature race)
Tuning prohibited
All driving aids prohibited except ABS

(2) heat lobbies

All confirmed drivers will be assigned a random number (1-however many drivers)1 hour prior to lobby opening.

Your number will determine your lobby placement as well as your starting position for the first heat race.

Odd numbers go to Lobby A
Even numbers go to Lobby B

There will be 2 heat races
Heat one grid determined by lobby number
Heat two reverse grid

Average heat finish determines starting grid position.
Lobby A lines up on one side of the grid
Lobby B lines up on the other side

Top 3 finishers from each lobby receive 1 bonus point each.

Last edited:
Reserved for points standings

1. 25 11. 6
  2. 23 12. 5
  3. 20 13. 4
  4. 18 14. 3
  5. 15 15. 2
  6. 12 16. 1
  7. 10 DNF: 0
  8. 9
  9. 8
  10. 7
1 point for fastest lap
* there is 1 drop week in the 6 week race season, the drop week will subtract your lowest scoring night to hopefully close the points gap for the winner

Last edited by a moderator:
Race Schedule:

11/27/19 - Tsukuba Circuit - 20 laps - 1200 TOD

12/04/19 - Brands Hatch Indy Circuit - 25 laps - 1130 TOD

12/11/19 - Suzuka Circuit East Course - 23 laps - 0745 TOD

12/18/19 - Goodwood Motor Circuit - 16 laps - 1315 TOD

01/01/20 - Red Bull Ring Short Track - 22 laps - 1315 TOD

01/08/20 - Broad Bean Raceway - 40 laps - 1510 TOD

Last edited:
Damm it!

I‘m in :cheers:

full

Love me some MX-5 Spec racing. I found out that you can map the gas and brake to other buttons on the G29 wheel. So I made the shifter paddles gas and brake, Triangle for shift up and Square for shift down. Anyone heard of Alex Zanardi? Consider me his slightly less quick third cousin twice removed. Yes, there will be a big blue handicap sticker on the rear of my car. Watch out.

Seriously, look out. I won't be able to keep as good a pace as before but this is still better than nothing.

Love me some MX-5 Spec racing. I found out that you can map the gas and brake to other buttons on the G29 wheel. So I made the shifter paddles gas and brake, Triangle for shift up and Square for shift down. Anyone heard of Alex Zanardi? Consider me his slightly less quick third cousin twice removed. Yes, there will be a big blue handicap sticker on the rear of my car. Watch out.

Seriously, look out. I won't be able to keep as good a pace as before but this is still better than nothing.
Foot still keeping you out of commission?

Foot still keeping you out of commission?
Unfortunately. Doc said it looked like someone he knew that broke the same bone during a marathon. I think he was trying to say I wasn't staying off it as much as I should. Next appointment is Dec 2nd, because two weeks would have been Thanksgiving Thursday and they're closed of course. Gotta wait even longer...

I will race this Wednesday, for 1 last time. Next week I go to 2nd shift and will miss the rest of the season! Thank you for letting be part of something pretty damn cool, and I will see you all on Saturday...seeing how that is pretty much the only day I have to race. Thanks again for all the good times!

Back