Messaiah Mod Chip

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Race Idiot, May 14, 2002.

1. Race Idiot

Race Idiot (Banned)

Does anyone know if these sites are Ligit?

www.elvismod.com
    http://www.china-messiah.com/

If it is im gonna get it and go and buy all versions of GT3 come on someone help me out here ;)

If anyone has a contact of where I can get the messiah mod chip for PS2 in the UK pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze post em.

Gratefulll tankX

2. Tom M

Tom M

I just recently looked into Modchips so that I could play GT:Concept and a few other games that won't be coming to the US, and found the messiah to be the chip to have. (As long as you have the right model Playstation2) Here's the thing, you have to solder 44 wires from the chip to the motherboard of your PS2. (and I think you have to cut some pathways as well.)
    Check the Installation instructions before you buy it.

3. Angel O'Death

Angel O'Death

there is no messiah. they lost the case with sony. :(
    www.channeltechnology.com

here the makers. but no messiah for now. maybe sometime in the future.

4. Tom M

Tom M

There is, Messiah may have lost, but thier chip design has been copied by several different "companies" There are several knock-offs available as I have found.

5. Angel O'Death

Angel O'Death

really? where where? gimme gimme! pleeEaase :D

6. SaleenASL

SaleenASL

im sure u know this, but i might as well mention it anyways. when u get a mod chip like that, it voids your ps2 warrenty, because u have to open up the ps2. just makin sure u know.

though ive heard of chips that work in conjunction with a gameshark, so those might not void your warrenty, since u dont have to open up your ps2.

7. speedy_2

speedy_2

is there any danger in these mod chip?? I would love to have all versio of GT but is it worth it?

8. SaleenASL

SaleenASL

well for most of them, u need to know what u are doing. first, u void your ps2s warrenty, because u have to open the system up.
    second, it involves soldering wires.

there are the ones that work in conjunction with gameshark, which means u dont have to open your system up.

thats really all i know about chips. i dont own one, by the way

9. Tom M

Tom M

You have to open your system for all of them, voiding your warranty. There is one that is USB, but you still have to open the system and solder one wire.
    The danger to all this is, you could ruin your PS2 if you aren't fairly adept with a soldering iron.
    Some chips also don't play imports unless you get a cracked version somewhere. (And I'd really like one that does it all.)
    I'm holding off to see if anyone else comes out with something better. (Although at the 199 price tag on the PS2, I'm less worried about the repercussions if I ruin my unit... ;))