MH370: Malaysian Airlines Flight to Beijing carrying 239 people is lost over sea.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,507 comments
I saw a while back on the news a discussion about this and they had an Australian pilot on the panel who criticised the gov because he believes they do know what happened to it. He reckons that the plane was hijacked, the cockpit was breached. He says that they do not want people know that one of their planes could be taken over.

I saw a while back on the news a discussion about this and they had an Australian pilot on the panel who criticised the gov because he believes they do know what happened to it. He reckons that the plane was hijacked, the cockpit was breached. He says that they do not want people know that one of their planes could be taken over.
I have not been keeping up on discussions of this tragedy, but all along my favorite theory has been that the pilot, subject to extreme emotional disturbance because of issues with his wife and his political idol, went crazy and orchestrated the deed. Hard to stay what's worse - a hijacker or a pilot gone mad. My question: Is it 100% factually determined and verified that some certified wreckage from this plane was found off the coast of Africa?

A depressed pilot killed the passengers by depressurising the aircraft and flew into the ocean? That's desperately sad if true but thanks to the corrupt Malaysian government we'll probably never know for sure. At least it sounds like they went peacefully if the theory is correct.

Those Twitter trolls harassing Blaine Gibson online were something else, though. He was very brave to fly all over the world searching for clues and wreckage.

Given the amount of mystery and speculation around this, it all seems oddly simple and easy to comprehend now.

A major stumbling block seems to have been the idea that such an experienced pilot could be capable of such a despicable act... but it is really not that hard to fathom.

It is quite incredible, though, that a single person could do something like this with such ease... and yet, as a highly experienced pilot, it also seems quite obvious that not only is it possible, but it was also very easy to pull off.

The main mystery that remains is why someone would do such a thing yet leave no indication of what they did or why... and yet this too is pretty simple - it doesn't take a huge leap of the imagination to consider that, for the pilot at least, that this was to be an intensely private act... a horrendously selfish and despicable act, yet private nevertheless. To me, this doesn't seem all that hard to believe. To this day, no-one knows where his final act played out, and it looks very like that was exactly the way the pilot would have wanted it.

The main mystery that remains is why someone would do such a thing yet leave no indication of what they did or why... and yet this too is pretty simple - it doesn't take a huge leap of the imagination to consider that, for the pilot at least, that this was to be an intensely private act... a horrendously selfish and despicable act, yet private nevertheless. To me, this doesn't seem all that hard to believe. To this day, no-one knows where his final act played out, and it looks very like that was exactly the way the pilot would have wanted it.

I guess a commercial pilot who isn't in the right head-space is potentially more dangerous than someone who works in an office.

I've read a fair bit about this over the years but this article sums it all up and contextualizes it all really well. It does sound as if the largest proportion of blame to why the families feel they can get no closure on the issue falls squarely in the lap of the Malaysian authorities and their saving-face culture. Had the plane been reported missing earlier a clearer picture of the passengers and crews fate and the discovery of the wreckage and subsequent recovery of the bodies would have gone a long way towards the families healing process. It does sound however that even if it had been reported missing or off course within the time frame that it should have been the ultimate fate of those passengers had already been sealed and no scrambling of air force jets could have changed that once the pilot had made up his mind on how it was all going to play out.

The thing i find odd is that all the evidence we have shows that he didn't seem to want the rest of the plane's occupants to (mentally) suffer unnecessarily. Although they were always going to go down with him, it's probably the case that he died a more terrifying death then any of they did. Which is odd given that he was the one in complete control of the situation and had probably been planning it for some time before he carried it out. This wasn't the martyrish act of a suicide bomber wanting to cause terror in the name of a cause. It's almost like they were collateral damage that he couldn't see a way around whilst wanting to depart this life in the method of his choosing.

Back