Michael Schumacher badly hurt in ski accident

• Thread starter ZoidFile
  • 727 comments
I don't mean to be pessimistic, but spending such time in a coma means he's bound to have fairly major side effects.

Praying he comes out of it ok. He's doing rehabilitation, why would they do that with someone in a vegetative state? Gives me hope he's come out of it as himself, not necessarily all the way himself, but that's what we'll have to wait and find out.

Great news none the less for the family, he can be home now in real privacy.

hsv
I don't mean to be pessimistic, but spending such time in a coma means he's bound to have fairly major side effects.

I think it's a safe bet to say he'll never compete in Formula 1 again. Seriously though I really feel for the guy. I just hope he can recover well enough to lead a normal healthy life again.

It's great news to hear that Schumi is out of his coma. I still want to know if there are any symptoms he's been suffering since after he had awaken, after all if he has any he's not completely healed.

Saw this on F1fanatic, was happy about it cause the other day I really thought about it before the 24h weekend started and wondered if he'd get out of it. I never stopped to think about it before because I felt it was guaranteed (though naive) that he would. I'm glad to hear he is out of his coma.

Oh man it's happening :D

Chill, dude, this is very good news but prepare yourself for the fact that you might never again see the Schumacher you remember. That sounds harsh and blunt but it's a practical, sensible reality.

Personally I'll always have great memories of him* and, in return for those, I just hope that his family find happiness and peace in some kind of meaningful way forward. It's a long road and it could go anywhere.

*The original Schumacher days. My greatest fanboi time :)

^^^ A Mexican takeover in the last few posts... even if it's a long wait then we'll have great music and food while we sit here :D

@Coxis et al, we just don't know, that's the thing. We should expect the worst and hope for the best, anything's possible right now. The hope that today gives us is that the 'worst' end of the bracket got closer to the 'best', if you see what I mean.

Great news about him coming out of the coma, but there's still a rocky road ahead. Here's hoping for a speedy (and relatively free of major side-effects) recovery.

At least he'll continue on living. He deserves that much.

I really hope the consequences aren't too severe... but this is probably just wishful thinking. :( :( :(

There's a difference between being alive and actually living.

We could still end up with him as vegetable, but I hope to the bottom of my heart that won't happen.

hsv
He'd already hit the competitive age brick wall. We just need to keep praying for the best.

Ye I know, what I mean is that from what's been said he'd be lucky to ever walk again and live like a normal person. The road to recovery will definitely be slow and tough for the guy.

base_image.jpg

Forza Michael!

There's a difference between being alive and actually living.

We could still end up with him as vegetable, but I hope to the bottom of my heart that won't happen.
I don't think so though. They said that he had brief moments of consciousness throughout it all, and today's news make it sound as if he left for rehab with some degree of consciousness.

I think he'll continue on living, the question is at what capacity? I don't expect him to come back to the track, ever. Let's be realistic, whoever is hopeful that he'll be exactly the same as he was is in for sour disappointment. Six and a half months of induced comma is not good for the brain... but this won't be the last we'll see of him. He's strong; he's a world champion after all. :)

hsv
They are very tight lipped about his state. A few months ago it was reported he could recognize former races, like smiling when he heard a radio transmission. But being in a coma that long is a very bad sign too. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Back