Microsoft's Next-Gen Xbox is Already Secretly Among Us...

What gave you that idea? They more than doubled their number of first-party studios over the last two years - I doubt they did that to have them all running development support for Halo and Forza. The Initiative has been hiring senior people from studios like Rockstar, Naughty Dog, and Sony Santa Monica, so you can probably guess what kind of game their first project will be (single player, story-driven, probably open-world).
If this carries on for the next generation consoles, then it'd be awesome to have either this or its PlayStation counterpart.

@ShakesMcQueen
In my view, Game Pass will be one of the biggest features on the next Xbox and Microsoft will aim at every single user with it. Their whole marketing strategy will be about Game Pass, and it already is. On the other hand, they ignore VR, what makes me think that they are going for the save route, focussing on a Netflix model for gamers featuring mostly traditional and well known games. VR is niche and Microsoft does not care for niche. This results in companys like Valve and Sony being the innovators while Microsoft is trying to sell us Halo, Forza and Gears again.

Microsoft offered 100+ games in November for both Xbox and PC for one single dollar, even including EA Access, therefor games like Gears 5, Jedi, Fifa, Need for Speed. But for me personally, i didnt care for any of that. I spend 60 bucks on Death Stranding and experienced something truly special. The kind of game i never experienced on Xbox.

Maybe that will change next gen and Xbox will have all kinds of unique exclusive games, but for now, they have to proof something and im not convinced yet they will deliver.

Microsoft have released several unique games, though admittedly not a package delivery simulator yet. I've played Death Stranding to completion, and I think it's a) a thoroughly dull experience critics are straining to praise because of it's creator, b) a monument to Kojima's ego, and c) not nearly as smart and revolutionary as it likes to think it is (like most Kojima stories). If it worked for you though, that's cool. Methodically chucking bags of blood and urine at goo ghosts is one of the least fun experiences I had in a game in 2019, personally.

Game Pass is certainly a big part of Microsoft's future, though I don't think it has anything to do with a "safe" or "bold" strategy. They are simply focusing on getting back to the core experience, much like Sony did after the PS3 - a powerful machine, at an attractive price, with a bunch of good games to play on it (they hope). They spent the first half of this generation getting stomped on for having a less powerful machine (ie. only running games at 900p that the PS4 could run at 1080p) for a higher price, and the latter half getting stomped on for not having narrative-driven triple-A exclusives to match your Gods of War and Spider-mans. They want to erase those narratives.

2021 or 2022 comes around, then maybe you look at new hardware peripherals, or supporting PC VR headsets, or whatever, if the demand is there.

Microsoft have released several unique games, though admittedly not a package delivery simulator yet.

Sorry to hear you didnt like it. Of course this game is not for everyone. Maybe The Last of Us 2 will be more your cup of tea. Thats just another example what kind of games Sony is publishing this generation.

VXR
Microsoft has Hololens for immersive gaming, don't they? That seemed as good a gimmick as VR headsets.
Hololens is Mixed Reality, which isn't really intended for games. Headsets like the Vive and Rift are Virtual Reality, which are designed for immersion.

Devs already have PS5 and XB Next dev kits. PS5 for some time, where Xbox seems to be a bit behind. I think we all know by now what the plans are: Sony will unveil early next year, launch Holiday 2020, Xbox will be similar.

Looking forward to this for sure! I have such a huge back log of great games on my Xbox One X which I can also play on Scarlett. Sadly, only a couple good games on my PS4 Pro, GT Sport being one of them. I will get a PS5 for GT Sport/God of War/Uncharted, but otherwise it never gets used.

Looking forward to this for sure! I have such a huge back log of great games on my Xbox One X which I can also play on Scarlett. Sadly, only a couple good games on my PS4 Pro, GT Sport being one of them. I will get a PS5 for GT Sport/God of War/Uncharted, but otherwise it never gets used.
But there will be a new GT coming in the future for the PS5, which I hope will be miles better than GT Sport.

I hope the same for Forza as well once a new game comes for the new Xbox.

This was a biggest surprise in game awards. The name and console itself look really bad IMO. Looks like a huge speaker or egpu that these days laptop with thunderbolt3 can be used with but this one is vertical instead.

One advantage could be that upgrading storage and may be even ram would be like a PC ?

One advantage could be that upgrading storage and may be even ram would be like a PC ?

You'll most likely be able to change the SSD, but with the RAM likely being apart of the SoI package, you won't be changing that, nor would it make any sense. The design (which I'm not a fan of at the moment) likely has more to do with thermal design than anything else. I will give Microsoft credit for one thing though: the design is different in the console space. I never would have expected this.

Name is a bit silly, "Series" makes me think of the Apple Watch :lol:

But personally, I love the way it looks. The controller's refinements looks subtle but nice too, most obvious changes are the d-pad and addition of a share button... but it's supposedly slightly smaller as well, and it looks like the triggers are textured.

Probably not gonna get it at launch though, unless Sony really screws the pooch with their system.

This console must have a good number of exclusive video games like the usual PS consoles or else, I don't see any point of buying it over a powerful PC.

This console must have a good number of exclusive video games like the usual PS consoles or else, I don't see any point of buying it over a powerful PC.

Lack of space, like the plug and play aspect, don't want to deal with the complexities of PC's, those are a few of my reasons why I'll always choose a console.

Lack of space, like the plug and play aspect, don't want to deal with the complexities of PC's, those are a few of my reasons why I'll always choose a console.
Of course, there's a trade off with PCs like those complexities you've mentioned. But still, I think it can do more while also allowing games found on the Xbox to be played there as well.

Of course, there's a trade off with PCs like those complexities you've mentioned. But still, I think it can do more while also allowing games found on the Xbox to be played there as well.
I use my 1X in my front room on a 55" 4K tv, I don't get a lot of time to use it but it's quick & convenient when I do.

I mainly play pc2 & sometimes I'll unfold my rig instead of using the controller & the kids play a few game pass games now & then.

A console is perfect over a pc for me even if it costs £500, it's still small enough compared to a pc & it's still cheap enough compared to what you have to pay for a decent pc & it's supposed to be quiet aswell.

As @Jezza819 says, there's the plug & play aspect for the kids & there's no way I'd have some huge noisy pc in my front room.

A pc is just that, a personal computer, for you alone in a room, it's not a family machine.

However saying all this, if I had a spare room in my house I probably would have a powerful pc & rig permanently set up for sim racing only.

I use my 1X in my front room on a 55" 4K tv, I don't get a lot of time to use it but it's quick & convenient when I do.

I mainly play pc2 & sometimes I'll unfold my rig instead of using the controller & the kids play a few game pass games now & then.

A console is perfect over a pc for me even if it costs £500, it's still small enough compared to a pc & it's still cheap enough compared to what you have to pay for a decent pc & it's supposed to be quiet aswell.

As @Jezza819 says, there's the plug & play aspect for the kids & there's no way I'd have some huge noisy pc in my front room.

A pc is just that, a personal computer, for you alone in a room, it's not a family machine.

However saying all this, if I had a spare room in my house I probably would have a powerful pc & rig permanently set up for sim racing only.
What I meant is that a PC can do more stuff aside from just playing video games. :lol:

Name is a bit silly, "Series" makes me think of the Apple Watch :lol:

But personally, I love the way it looks. The controller's refinements looks subtle but nice too, most obvious changes are the d-pad and addition of a share button... but it's supposedly slightly smaller as well, and it looks like the triggers are textured.

Probably not gonna get it at launch though, unless Sony really screws the pooch with their system.
just like the controller too. Xbox Elite Series 1, Xbox Elite Series 2. Just like Apple Watch, and iPhone as well.

Back