Microtransactions Have Arrived in Gran Turismo Sport

Oooooh thank god finally they are making microtransactions available. I cannot grind for that amount of money since I only play on weekends yet if I have time :))

Is 20.000.000 cars also available on the store?

Well the agent forcing anyone to buy them and the option can be disabled so no big deal.

Only for <2M cars tho, kinda ridiculous. Should be for 20M cars aswell..
If it was on the expensive cars, more people'd complain they are putting a paywall on the extremely expensive cars (20mil is ridiculous). While this way they know if you are saving for one of the extremes, you'd avoid spending the ingame $$ on the gr3's and gr4's which you'd need more often.

yas
If it was on the expensive cars, more people'd complain they are putting a paywall on the extremely expensive cars (20mil is ridiculous). While this way they know if you are saving for one of the extremes, you'd avoid spending the ingame $$ on the gr3's and gr4's which you'd need more often.

You can just sell them all and use that money for the 20 million cars, and then buy them back with real money.. gonna be expensive though ;)

If microtransaction means more money for development of more cars then hell yes. Lets get lazy people (that dont like the grind) pay for development of our future cars :D ..This way pd will also listen more to what cars comunity wants the most as they are the ones paying :)

EDIT: Please pd dont become rockstar and ''sellout'' and start going crazy for the money and keep it sensible no flying cars :D

Is it even greed? They haven't add any paid DLC in the game. I think this is the only way they can earn revenue back without forcing people to pay for DLC packs. It still is business after all.
Agreed, if this means more free cars and tracks in the future, by all means it’s fine.

Nice work, Kaz. Priorities are placed correctly. Who needs real tracks in REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR, when you can have fantasy tracks with microtransactions.
You should consider that we've got a lot of free content ever since the game released so it is only natural that they need some sort of external consistent income to continue to provide extra free content, I bet that offcial licenses for tracks and cars are not cheap.
I honestly thought they would bring payed DLC's at some point and leave microtransactions out but this way is actually better in my view has long as they do not overdo in every single car price moving forward.
One thing I request, PD please bring back championships and a cash reward associated with it.

This isn't an issue at all. If you don't want to use real money, then don't. It hasn't changed the game progression or vehicle list in any way. You still get decent in-game credits for winning, like you always have. Not worthy of a news article devoted to the feature, but now this will almost certainly spark mindless outrage.

You should consider that we've got a lot of free content ever since the game released so it is only natural that they need some sort of external consistent income to continue to provide extra free content, I bet that offcial licenses for tracks and cars are not cheap.
I honestly thought they would bring payed DLC's at some point and leave microtransactions out but this way is actually better in my view has long as they do not overdo in every single car price moving forward.
One thing I request, PD please bring back championships and a cash reward associated with it.
You should consider it was a AAA game for fullprice with lack of content

you can even turn off "ps store" notification in game options, I don't see where is the problem for people

This right here is a godsent. My intial reaction to the prompt was annoyance, but with new cars and tracks, I had no mind to look at the options.

I'd much rather they added microtransactions for cars OVER $2 million.

Let's face it, 99% of us already have everything under $2 mil. or we have the capactiy to buy them but we dont.

So if PD wanted to make money they could have done a 'Supporters DLC' pack for say $10 that has tickets for all the cars say $7.5 mil. and up.

I'd actually be fine with this. Maybe give us a few numbered limited edition Chrome Lines etc.

why would people pay for the cars? IT'S SO EASY TO GRIND! okay, the cars that cost 20 mills does take a lot of TIME....Yet, you can't buy them???

Remember back in 2009, I used Microtransaction for the first time in NEED FOR SPEED Undercover... Little did I know how much money you earned in that game... After that I never ever used it...

I'd much rather they added microtransactions for cars OVER $2 million.

Let's face it, 99% of us already have everything under $2 mil. or we have the capactiy to buy them but we dont.

So if PD wanted to make money they could have done a 'Supporters DLC' pack for say $10 that has tickets for all the cars say $7.5 mil. and up.

I'd actually be fine with this. Maybe give us a few numbered limited edition Chrome Lines etc.

If they did that then people will scream even louder that PD is taking advantage of them and trying to force them into paying real money for the cars which is why they made them so expensive with ingame credits.

Time poor.

In just the gaming world I devote my time to GTS FM7 FH3 and one shooter. I'm thinking about buying PCR2 and No Man's Sky.

In the real world I have work and family commitments and I have actitivies outside of even that.

I used to grind in GT5/6 via B-Spec but not here.

I'm a tad against grinding to be honest. Its not actual good game design.

This is about the most trivial way imaginable to implement micro-transactions and it comes off the back of another FREE update containing FREE cars, FREE tracks and FREE features.... and still people complain. It's entirely optional, offers little practical benefit, and yet people are petitioning it to be removed. The entitlement is strong!

It's a pretty half assed MT to be honest. 2 million is not that hard to grind with XBOW/BMB. If it's for the 20 million cars then I'll be all over it (have done 150 races at BMB and counting...), but as it stands I doubt many people will even use it.

So let me do the math here. 100.000 credit cars are being sold for about $1,00?

So, if they ever make available a 20 million car, that would go for $200...?

So, they announced no microtransactions and a new direction.

Within 1 year they add all the single player content they said they wasn't the focus, and now we can spend our pocket money on cars.

I don't mind them myself so ling as balance in game is there and gameplay thrives.

Clearly that 5.5m players isn't enough.

Anyone got a.list of the prices?

I dont mind dropping 20 bucks or so on cars I want to try, I'm never going to use them otherwise as my gaming time is limited

C987BE03-40F9-4EA9-8C46-5860DFD4C04C.jpeg

I will buy the cars I want, all the old lemans cars and the F1 car for starters.

Any credits I earn will go towards whatever 20mil car I fancy whenever I get there.

This maybe some time as in 87 hours of play I only ever received 9mil, I play the game how it is the most fun for me. Just the daily online races.

No problem at all with paying a small amount towards this great game.

Back