Mid-Field Raceway Lap Times For 716 Cars!

My World Wars always features one american, one european and one asian car, so let's hope it will be japanese, and that they will be close :) Although, I already have enough ideas already to make 3 other wars :D

@GT_Alex74, you were right about the F430. In my test, it was 0.120 seconds faster than the Z06.

It's the fastest of the trio, yet I can't stand the car. It's twitchy and unpredictable on CS tires. I don't like MR supercars except for the NSX if you can call it one.

With a wheel I'm certain it's a LOT faster than the GT-R and Z06.

Last edited:
100 car milestone!

The 100th car was *drumroll* the...

Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo MR '98!

It's not really a great car. The original STi '94 is actually faster...

And the Ford RS200 '84 is 3 seconds quicker than the Peugeot 205T 👍

And lastly, the Corvette ZR-1 '90 is a good match for the Mustang Cobra R '00. They are within 2 tenths of each other.

Last edited:
It's really close to the last two you tested as well. And much more manageable (in fact, even the 430 Scuderia is already another world compared to the regular F430).

Which makes it the fastest non-kitcar (X-Bow, Caterham, Formula, etc) vehicle in its power range. A great track car. And to think that Midfield helps high-power vehicles...

Impreza 22B vs. R33 GT-R!

1:24.002 - Nissan Skyline GT-R (R33) '95
1:24.027 - Subaru Impreza Coupe 22B-STi Version '98

Nissan
2.6L
319 hp / 6,800 rpm
309 ft-lb / 4,400 rpm
1,530 kg / 458 pp

Subaru
2.2L
289 hp / 6,200 rpm
281 ft-lb / 3,000 rpm
1,270 kg / 456 pp

I tried as hard as I could to get these cars into the 1:23 range but I just can't do it for some reason.

The Subaru feels like it was made for Mid-Field. It almost hits its top speed of around 140 mph going into Turn 1.

The BMW M4 is making me want to tear my hair out. F this car. The old naturally aspirated M3's are so much more fun to drive. This pig oversteers and understeers unpredictably. Oh it's faster by about 3 seconds over the car it replaces, but I couldn't give a damn. I hate this car. HATE.

The BMW M4 is making me want to tear my hair out. F this car. The old naturally aspirated M3's are so much more fun to drive. This pig oversteers and understeers unpredictably. Oh it's faster by about 3 seconds over the car it replaces, but I couldn't give a damn. I hate this car. HATE.

If you had a wheel and pedals, I guess you would like it a lot as it would push you to learn delicate throttle control ;)

Old M3s are too easy to drive fast imho, which made them great cars. New one resembles to C63 a bit because of great torque which cause too much wheelspin. Don't like it as much as the old ones though. Balance isn't so great because of engine surpassing chassis ability.

Tested the Subaru 360 for kicks. It's a 2:49 car but I can't get through a whole lap without hitting top speed and having the revs slowly drop down a few mph...So my best is a 2:50.260 but I'll keep at it.

I only hit the limiter once, forgot to add that :/

Last edited:
I would love to see a lap time for cars that can get to 500 PP.
Currently, my best 500 PP lap at Midfied is the Ferrari 365 (detuned to 500 PP after oil change) with 1.15.something. (with only ABS 1 and SRF)

Well, Randy Pobst drove both the new Z06 and the GT-R NISMO against each other at Big Willow for Motor Trend, if you really would like to know. :)

(It's the last segment of the video.)

From the max g forces showed in graphs while lapping and in skidpad and the info about tires provided, it is clear that Z06 had a rank better tires. And here, SuzukaStar tries to equal this by using CS for all. So, imo they 'd be too close in laptime.

Last edited:
From the max g forces showed in graphs while lapping and in skidpad and the info about tires provided, it is clear that Z06 had a rank better tires. And here, SuzukaStr tries to equal this by using CS for all. So, imo they 'd be too close in laptime.
Yeah, it'd be nice if tires could be taken out of the equation. (GM often seems to show up at these kinds of tests with hardcore tires.) That's certainly one advantage we have in games. :)

Wow. I'm so impressed with the RUF 3400S '00 time! I have one sitting in my garage collecting dust. Perhaps I should start paying more attention to that car.

Awesome choice using CS tires for this round of testing. I think that CS tires are the perfect tire for 95%+ of street cars. Even if there is a car that might want to overpower CS tires longitudinally, careful throttle modulation will keep the car stable. Lateral grip shouldn't be a problem with CS tires - they provide a very realistic level of grip, in my opinion. 👍

Back