Mid-Field Raceway Lap Times For 716 Cars!

Now I know why I didn't want to test this car. It's too stressful to drive fast. I'm at a 1:19.1 right now and killing myself to get 1:18

It wants to drift constantly.

Edit: Clean 1:18.791 finally...So happy to be done with this car. I need to test a couple slow cars now to relax.

Also tested Spyker C8 Laviolette '01 which was arguably more difficult to drive than the M5.

Last edited:
Tested:

Fiat 500 R '72
Fiat Panda Super i.e. '90
Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus '00
Renault Sport Clio R.S. 2.0 16V '02
Renault Sport Mégane R.S. Trophy '11

Last edited:
So here's another set of graphs of @SuzukaStar's test work (play?). Again, same curve pattern as the Suzuka times showing a defined PP relationship with lap times. The area around 500pp is zoomed in to show the typical scatter.

Midfield.jpg

Midfield_500.jpg

Good job SuzukaStar!

@Polsixe that is awesome! I love when you chime in with graphs of my work (okay, it's play, but I wish it was work that I got paid for :sly:)

@88GTA I'll add you when I get on next. A wee bit drunk right now, but might get on in a bit 👍

Tested this morning:

Toyota Starlet Glanza V '97
Toyota Altezza Gita AS300 '01
Lexus IS F '07

Last edited:
The graph around 500PP shows clearly the Ruf RGT and F365 being too good... And if Ruf is a heavily modified P911 GT3, F365 was a dog in handling back in its years, so too good to be true.

Tested:

Renault Mégane 2.0 16V '03
Renault Mégane 2.0 IDE Coupé '00
Citroën C5 V6 Exclusive '03
Citroën Xantia 3.0i V6 Exclusive '00

Last edited:
The graph around 500PP shows clearly the Ruf RGT and F365 being too good... And if Ruf is a heavily modified P911 GT3, F365 was a dog in handling back in its years, so too good to be true.
911s will always rule, but yes the 365 is a little too good. A bit of an advantage car at this PP level.

This has spread out as a nice list during the time I wasn't looking at the forum :)

If I can ask you something to test : a 111R Elise with oil change, stage 3 engine (should do 225 ch / 222 bhp), and the following K20A gearbox (put the preset speed one click at the right to be able to achieve all those ratios), and set it to 820 kg (1807 lbs) :

url

A friend is going to import a K20A swapped Elise and I'll come with him to bring it back here, want to see how these specs perform on Midfield (ABS forbidden :P ) I did Trial Mountain in 01:36,172 with that.

Did you want the Elise 111R to be on CS or SH tires? I'll do it with CS like I've been doing.

Bought stage 1 weight reduction and added 21 kg to get 820 kg. Default ballast position, I assume?

Has 221 hp and 468 pp.

After 3 laps, 1:20.448 or 1.5 seconds faster than stock. Hey it's faster than the NSX Type R '02 and Elise Sport 190.

With a wheel it can easily manage high 1:19's but I'd wager 1:18 would take all day, if it's even possible.

Last edited:
how you going with GT academy suzuka? also great work, are you going to test the Zytek Niss.... the LMP2?

I don't have a wheel so I suck at GT Academy. I can't even get Bronze in the LMP2. I won't be testing anything that's not street-legal except a few exceptions that aren't too crazy on Comfort tires, such as the Spoon, Nismo, Amuse etc...

Tested:

Toyota Prius G '09
Toyota Prius G Touring Selection (J) '03
Toyota Aqua S '11

The Prius '09 is pretty damn quick. It doesn't deserve all the hatred it receives. It's faster than the CR-Z.

Back