Mid-Field Raceway Lap Times For 716 Cars!

Holy shiznit! Did those flaps just fold down, like in a split second?! That's so freakin' cool. I had no idea that's how the lights activated in the XJ220, but I wouldn't have guessed that way!! đź‘Ť

Tested:

1:14.856 - 592 - BMW Z4 GT3 '11

It's faster than the Nismo GT3 by almost a full second.
Wow...That's impressive considering the -17PP difference for the BMW. I love driving the Z4 GT3 car. It's probably one of the most stable chassis in the game, in my opinion. It just always feels like it's somehow connected to the ground (in a good way!)...

I haven't played GT6 in 2 weeks :eek:

Reason why is that I got Mario Kart 8 for the Wii U and believe it or not, it's a lot of fun.

I think I'm just...done...with the time trials, at least until GT7. So what I have is what I have. There won't be any more.

I'm just trying to think what I can do with all this information. It would be sad to just let the thread die. Any ideas?

Well, you've done some real fine baseline testing for several tracks, well done! It's just a game but you did take it a couple steps beyond and helped others out. You could copy and paste the main info into some other page, ie an other Automotive site, the Google spider can always find. GTPlanet will archive these a few months after GT6 is mothballed for good and may only be accessible if one knows where to search.

Oh, I knew this day would be coming...especially since we haven't heard from you in so long, @SuzukaStar. :( I really wish that you would do another track, but I understand that this takes a tremendous amount of time for you to accomplish. Maybe you could do another round of Time Trials, but just at a slower pace? :D Ugh...there I go, being selfish. The SuzukaStar Lap Times threads have been a staple of my GTP experience. I joined in 2014 and I don't know of a GTP without you doing this awesome testing, so it's going to feel like yet another big loss in my Gran Turismo world.

I don't know about the others, I know there have been quite a few regulars who followed your threads, but I don't know how much time they spent going over your data. I can assure you that I spent quite a bit, looking up cars and comparing them to others - then trying to come up with a meaningful interpretation of their times on 2 different tracks so I could estimate what their time might be on a track you haven't tested.

It's been a fun ride. I thank you for everything you've done for the Gran Turismo and especially GTP community. đź‘Ť Frankly, I wouldn't mind seeing the lists of lap times/cars maybe combined into a single post and then Stickied so they can always be referred to quickly in the future.

I'm sure this won't happen, but if you ever get the itch again (with GT6) maybe you could do "SuzukaStar Specials" where you only test Supercars or only Hot Hatches or only Skylines around a particular track. Something like that. It wouldn't be quite what we are used to, but I'm sure people would appreciate your efforts nonetheless. See how much I don't want you to stop? :lol: :D

Enjoy Mario Kart. You've definitely earned your break. :cheers:

I think I'm just...done...with the time trials, at least until GT7.

It is kinda sad when Mario Kart is more fun than GT6 ... :dopey:

Makes me think, i really need to check what is happening on the other side. But not Mario Karts surely ;)

I'm just trying to think what I can do with all this information. It would be sad to just let the thread die. Any ideas?

I believe @tarnheld has much of your data in spreadsheet format for Makeshift Shuffle. I know I have tried to cherrypick most of the interesting Premium cars to my car comparison sheet together with top speeds from the videos. So at least your data lives on.

I hope you keep the youtube channel alive :bowdown:

A tremendous effort by a nice guy there. Have fun and be well SuzukaStar ! We all appreciated your work here. Helped many to choose over duels or specific PP level cars for events. And you are a great player too. I can only imagine your times if using a quality wheel and pedals setup. See you around good sir.

Last edited:
excellent trials, and a nice reference to see how the PP value relates to real life speed on track. Love to see a graph of PP vs Lap time... and see which cars are stars and which have been punished in terms of PP rating.

Good luck and Lakitu be with you

Thanks @SuzukaStar for the great effort and sharing it generously with the GTPlanet community! I'm sure you helped many to have a great time and enjoy racing in GT6, be it organizing online events or searching for the right car to use in TT or A-Spec seasonals. Just for the record and because @Cu3e mentioned it, i have made a public google spreadsheet including your lap times of all 3 test tracks in table format.

Ryk
Love to see a graph of PP vs Lap time... and see which cars are stars and which have been punished in terms of PP rating.

If i can find the time, i'll add it to the spreadsheet, stay tuned. đź‘Ť But @SuzukaStar made an excellent summary post before, see here.

If you are hanging up GT6, then thanks for all the invaluable help in deciphering the PD PP system. I have all three of your track threads bookmarked. ;)

If you are looking for a way to keep the game fresh, maybe running the same car at the same track, but with different tires would interest you? A way to see the type of times different tire compounds are capable of.

I tried some of my favourite cars and how the lap times compare.

Honda S2000 '06 1:26.265 (-0.4 faster)
Honda NSX Type R '02 1:21.103 (+0.3 slower)

That NSX lap is pretty aggressive! đź‘Ť i think you can improve the S2000 lap, though ;)

Edit: about tyres both the hondas are a blast on CM :D

I booted up the PS3 to get around to some of the seasonals, and I won a car I haven't tested yet, so I figured why not?

Tested:

2:36.615 - 206 - Volkswagen Schwimmwagen Typ 166 '42
2:38.991 - 227 - Volkswagen KĂĽbelwagen Typ 82 '44

And the Subaru 360 remains the slowest car in the game. I really don't know how someone is actually driving one near where I live, considering how dangerous it is and the fact that it can't really get up to highway speeds.

Tested:

1:27.122 - 407 - Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '95
1:27.427 - 410 - Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '99

The '95 is a new one. I re-tested the '99 and beat my old record by almost 0.150 seconds.

'95
197 hp / 8,000 rpm
134 ft-lb / 7,500 rpm
1,060 kg (2,337 lbs)

'99
199 hp / 8,000 rpm
139 ft-lb / 6,500 rpm
1,080 kg (2,381 lbs)

Those extra 2 horses and 5 ft-lbs don't seem to help the '99 with its added 20 kg's. If you ever need to choose between these two, go for the '95.

Weight is proven much more important for hotlapping to power, eh SuzukaStar ?

Like the great Colin Chapman of Lotus Cars once said: "Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." đź‘Ť

Tested:

1:30.535 - 383 - Honda Civic SiR-II (EG) '95
1:30.847 - 379 - Honda Civic SiR-II (EG) '91

The '91 is new. I re-tested the '95 and beat my previous record, but only by 0.060 seconds. Hey, it's something!

'91
162 hp / 7,500 rpm
116 ft-lb / 7,000 rpm
1,040 kg (2,293 lbs)

'95
165 hp / 7,500 rpm
118 ft-lb / 7,000 rpm
1,040 kg (2,293 lbs)

Re-tested:

1:30.267 - 383 - Honda CR-X SiR '90
1:31.041 - 378 - Honda CR-X Del Sol SiR '92

0.235 and 0.945 seconds faster than before, respectively. đź‘Ť

I tried for over 30 minutes to get a 1:30 in the Del Sol. It's not happening.

Still, there's less than a second between the two CR-X SiR's. That's worth mentioning.

Last edited:
Re-tested:

1:32.109 - 388 - Toyota Celica GT-Four (ST165) '86

0.266 seconds faster than my previous record, but still not capable of a 1:31 :grumpy:

To whoever got me the premium membership: :bowdown: I am not worthy! Thank you so much. That was a very kind gesture, and one of the coolest things to happen to me in a long time. I don't know what else to say but you are AWESOME! :cheers: :gtpflag:

I know who it was now, and they have been made aware how grateful and appreciative I am. I'm not sure if they want me to thank them in public and put them in the spotlight, so I'll hold off on that for a bit.

Re-tested:

1:31.948 - 379 - Toyota Celica 2000GT-R (ST162) '86

0.649 seconds faster than my previous record :embarrassed: It looks like this Celica is actually better than the GT-Four :boggled:

Re-tested:

1:26.963 - 428 - SRT SRT4 '03

0.220 seconds faster than my previous record. This one nearly killed me. There's no better feeling than knowing that a x:xx.9xx is possible and finally getting it :mischievous:

Done for the night. Might knock out a few more re-tests tomorrow. Goodnight everybody :cheers:

Back