Midfield Raceway

• Thread starter GTvsForza
  • 132 comments
Midfield confirmed for return:
20150223_midfield_01.jpg

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...oliday-challenge.311650/page-58#post-10482710

Time to bring my MX-5 to midfield once again. Just gonna let the nostalgia flow through me, and I`m going to enjoy the track like no other in GT6.
THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart, PD. You have returned the best original track, and my hype is high now. This is what we all have been waiting for :D

Shouldn't this thread be closed now considering that this suggestion has been implemented? Seems like a redundant thread now.

We got the track, now we need to figure out how to order pizza. I couldn't find a way to enter the pizza place, I tried flashing my headlights & honking the horn in front of it but nobody came to pick up my order.

Jokes aside I'm glad Midfield is back, too bad we can't run proper races on it offline.

Reverse layout is dangerous! I repeat DANGEROUS!!! Every corner except turn 4 has a chance of turning you on your side. Ouch!

Turn one, in reverse... please slow down. The mountain does not taste good.

-> Just did a (horrible) 6 lap run of the course with a stock C7 'Vette. :lol: It was refreshing in a way, reminising my days on GT4 with improved physics.

My Review

-> This Mid-Field is based on the '00s version (aka. GT4). If you want to try the '90s version, play GT2 & GT3.

-> The tunnel after the hairpin is much more modern which is nice.

-> And the Reverse Course highlights at the start/finish line is cool, why TM, DF, and the others does not feature this detail?

-> Overall, PD did a very good job without spoiling its overall flow. Too bad, the '90s-spec was left out.

Reverse layout is dangerous! I repeat DANGEROUS!!! Every corner except turn 4 has a chance of turning you on your side. Ouch!

Turn one, in reverse... please slow down. The mountain does not taste good.
^ Bro, thats old news since the GT2 days (or since its debut). That <R> layout is very tricky if you're aiming not hitting anything. It changes the overall attitude of the track completely, almost a whole another track altogether!

-> That is part of Mid-Fields charm and why it was so beloved here in GTP. ;)

Last edited:
Well, we sure did get it for GT6, and it was excellent, but we lost it again. GT Sport? GT7?
This is why the suggestions forum should be wiped after the release of every new title or otherwise filtered. It would also keep like counts current, so that a car introduced during GT Sport’s time that is wildly popular isn’t buried under a mediocre GT6 suggestion that has more likes simply due to the length of the suggestion’s existence.

Back