• Gr.3

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • Gr.4

Votes: 38 32.8%
  • other?

Votes: 29 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks for the reply, maybe this is some kind of bug. I set the top speed to 200, then final gear, and i cant get the first gear to the value you have, but if i reselect the top speed the values on the first gear change and i can match yours, but only for the 1st and 2nd gear. The ones after that i cant match the values you have.

This is really strange.

The GTR gr4 handles great but I can't match those transmission settings.

Yup, we're all in the same boat.

With the GT-R transmission, make sure you are back to default, then adjust final gear 4.640 first. Then edit the max speed auto set to 200kmh / 124mph.
Now you should have the ratios available that he's stated.

Scratch that the 1st and 6th are there but the rest do not match up.

Yup, we're all in the same boat.
Ican only explain how i make it, i have often to reset 2-3 times to mach my settings

the feeling of weight is nice in the gr. 3 cars.After i played a bit with the heights and it felt very fast very good... then i wanted to manage the rear while accelerating but the cars are so aggressive and i have played alot with toe and Diff but at the end i have to drive with TC on 2.. dunno if thats a bug or they wanted to do it like that...

I still don’t know how you get 1.41!!

I’m pushing and only get 1.43 where the hell are the 2 seconds ? Lol
Compare your sector times. Lets say your 1.43.00 and the best time is 1.41.00, 2 seconds is actually pretty easy to find when you realize you could probably gain .3 on turn 1, maybe .1 through the S's, then another .3 around the sweeping downhill left etc etc.
I wouldn't worry so much about trying to get a 1.41.xx as those times are borderline penalty with how much they cut through the corners.

Those top 10 times are near perfect laps - how often do those times get recreated in race?

I can only speak to SR;B, but I qualified with a 1.44.1 yesterday and was starting top 3 in 3 races, all 3 races I won because I could drive a consistent 1.44.XX time whereas the people who were qualifying 1.43.XX in front of me would make a mistake or two.

Dropped 8 tenths off my time with your setup @MINKIHL - the transmission settings don't seem to work on mine but I've sorted a ratio setup with the same kmh points. Really makes the most of the power at the top end, well done. (GT-R Gr4 Kyoto)

I just noticed this thread @MINKIHL.

Great to see another fast driver (the other being @praiano63) with knowledge of setups sharing what he knows with the community. I confess I'm completely ignorant regarding setups so I'll be looking forward to trying some of yours.

My current time around Nurb is 1:56:161 so I might give your setup a try and see if I am able to go faster.

:cheers:

@MINKIHL do you have a YouTube channel? I'd love to watch some replays of your driving. Even when I copy the setups of top 10 drivers and believe, I'm still a few seconds off their pace and have no idea where I'm losing time. :bowdown:

Minkihl how come your GTR set up for Kyoto Yamagiwa is catered to 200kph or roughly 124mph? I find my max speed tops out before the first main corner. Is that intentional?

Minkihl how come your GTR set up for Kyoto Yamagiwa is catered to 200kph or roughly 124mph? I find my max speed tops out before the first main corner. Is that intentional?

should not top out at the end..maybe put it 2 ticks longer

I was having the same issue, I used all his settings but put max KP/H at 230km/h, had max gear what he set it to, but left all other gear ratios as what they ended up being.

Current best, and I think I have room to improve is 1.44.1, but I'm going to try the Sirocco tonight.

Any tunes for anything other than GTR and RSR? Getting really boring now with only 2 cars.

I just tried to tune the McLaren and Merc Gr3 but I don't have a clue what I'm doing.

I was having the same issue, I used all his settings but put max KP/H at 230km/h, had max gear what he set it to, but left all other gear ratios as what they ended up being.

Current best, and I think I have room to improve is 1.44.1, but I'm going to try the Sirocco tonight.

I did the same. My best is also similar, at 1:44.3. I know where an extra second is, but no idea how he managed 1:41.

I really want to drive the porsche 911 rsr but iam not fast with it..dunno iam not getting that porsche working on nürburg...

Love the Gr.4 GT-R tune. I just have one problem. It reverted back to stock after one race. Not sure if all of it did, but the transmission settings at least. Its showing correct values but I feel it on the car. Slow gearing like it was still stock. Anyone else had this issue? Redoing it didn’t work either.

There's got to be something a touch off with the Sirocco tune. It seems to have far more understeer and slip than the GT-R. Soon as you floor it, it loses turning angle as well.

Minkihl, any chance you could post your full transmission settings for the GT-R Gr3, Nurbergring GP version? Thanks!

Any chance for a tune for the Corvette Gr 4 for Daily Races, im at 1:45.1 on default setting have got into the 1:44s in race

I want to congratulate @MINKIHL for his sharing.

I used both GTRs setups from you and improved my laptimes in 1.5s.

Youre great. Pls keep sharing them :P

Love the Gr.4 GT-R tune. I just have one problem. It reverted back to stock after one race. Not sure if all of it did, but the transmission settings at least. Its showing correct values but I feel it on the car. Slow gearing like it was still stock. Anyone else had this issue? Redoing it didn’t work either.

Yup, I noticed that the gearing went back to stock in the 2nd Nürburgring race I took part in. I didn't check the tuning options, so I don't know if the tuning settings were saved, but normally they are, right?

Hi, I'm a newbie on the forum. I have a few questions. Firstly, a big thank you to Minkihl for the setups. I am currently using a wireless controller setup to play gts. I hope to upgrade to a g29 soon, budgets permitting. I was wondering, is there a big performance gap when one uses a g29 setup vs a wireless controller setup? Also the sportsmanship rating mechanism seems a bit suspect in gts. Sometimes, when I'm bumped from behind, i lose SR points, that's just crazy. Just wanted to get some feedback regarding these issues. Thanks.

Yup, I noticed that the gearing went back to stock in the 2nd Nürburgring race I took part in. I didn't check the tuning options, so I don't know if the tuning settings were saved, but normally they are, right?

I didnt notice a problem like that till now..i safe for every track a own setup sheet.

Hi, I'm a newbie on the forum. I have a few questions. Firstly, a big thank you to Minkihl for the setups. I am currently using a wireless controller setup to play gts. I hope to upgrade to a g29 soon, budgets permitting. I was wondering, is there a big performance gap when one uses a g29 setup vs a wireless controller setup? Also the sportsmanship rating mechanism seems a bit suspect in gts. Sometimes, when I'm bumped from behind, i lose SR points, that's just crazy. Just wanted to get some feedback regarding these issues. Thanks.

Yeah with wheel ur more constant and more accurate but in gt sport i heard, the feeling with the controller should not be that bad like in other sim racings... but at the end of the day, In my opinion theres no other way than a wheel to be competitive and i have no idea if there is a difference between wheel and dualshock setup..but i think u can drive for both almost the same setup.

Any chance for a tune for the Corvette Gr 4 for Daily Races, im at 1:45.1 on default setting have got into the 1:44s in race

Hm i havent planned to make a setup for the gr.4 corvette - it takes a while till iam confortable with a car to can finetune the setup for it to be fast...so yeah dunno now...

Back