Votes: 49 42.2%
  • Gr.4

Votes: 38 32.8%
  • other?

Votes: 29 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LSD
Hey mate, I will explain you simple how the LSD in GT Sport works.

There are 3 Values: 1. Initial Torque 2. Acceleration Sensivity and 3. Braking Sensivity

1.) Initial Torque is, simply, how much Torque come's to the Tires after you step on Throttle.
A higher Value puts more Torque to the Tires after stepping on Throttle.
If you set it to the Minimum, then it gives you less Initial Torque on your Tires after stepping the Throttle Pedal. I am starting my Setup Routine always with Value 5 for the Start of the LSD Tuning.

2.) Here it is how Sensitiv the Differential reacts to the Accelaration input given by the Driver.
A Higher Value brings more Tirespin and resulting Oversteer at Corner Exits, but if this Value set to low, the Diff holds you back and you loose Time out of the Corner. I normally start between 10-14. After that i start putting it up, one click each Try, till I feel something like "Snap Oversteering" out of Corner. Then, I put the Value one click down and Try it again.

3.) Braking Sensivity is a bit tricky to explain.
In general you have different Tire Rotation Speeds during Cornering without Throttle input.
-A lower Value disallow's this Rotation Differences.
-A higher Value allow's different Tire Rotations.
So: You can Manage to Set up here Over/Understeering while off Throttle or Braking.
Low Values -> Possible Oversteer, High Values -> More Understeer but Stable. Personally i start with 25, if the car Understeers i go down till i get Oversteer and otherwise if the car is Oversteering i go up with the Value.

TOE in + out

main-qimg-98bbae7f6492c8e1fc3e4ade29482564

Simply Explained:
Toe in for Better Straight Line driving Ability.
Toe out for better and sharper Corner Turn in Ability.

-Normally on Racecars -> Toe out for Better Cornering Abilitys instead of Straight Driving Line Ability.

Edit: Additional -> Higher Toe Values Increasing Tire Wear

Here i Normally FineTune at the End. I start with Front Toe Out 0.20 and Rear Toe In 0.20.
After I raise the Front Value till I get Oversteer or the Turn In Ability is good enough for my Feeling. Maximum Value is always 0.30 Front for me. With the Rear to in you hold Your Car Stable -> Higher Values makes the Car more Stable on High Speed Corner but you sacrafice Cornering Ability for it, because the Car tend to Understeer. So there is to find a good Mid Value. But this is how the Driver likes it.

I hope this is what you wanted to know.
This very useful to a new guy like myself. ..I really appreciate you posting this info

Hi Minkihl,
You have nice setups that they help me to race faster and learn a lot.
Could you help me with Mini Clubman setup on Mount Panorama?
Thanks in advance.

Added Lambo Diablo Setup

Hi Minkihl!!! Nice setup, indeed... Thanks for it! :)

About this Setup.. could you just give me an hint about possible changes (light ones probably...) to adapt this tune to Interlagos??? (More curves. and more Grip & equilibrium needed.. I think) ???

Hi,

Thank you for these set ups. I was wondering witch of the setups for the beetle would suit best for lagio maggiore. I am trying the superbug championship here on the forum, but don't have a clue what would help me further.

It has bop settings on weight and power, racing soft tyres, using the ds4 controller.

Wich should I use, Dragon Trail, Nordschleife or Brands Hatch GP or Interlagos? I do use tc on 2, for comfort :odd:
Thanks in advance for the advice !

Ffril
Hey buddy, do you have a gr3 Vette tune for yamigawa
LSD
Hey mate, I will explain you simple how the LSD in GT Sport works.

There are 3 Values: 1. Initial Torque 2. Acceleration Sensivity and 3. Braking Sensivity

1.) Initial Torque is, simply, how much Torque come's to the Tires after you step on Throttle.
A higher Value puts more Torque to the Tires after stepping on Throttle.
If you set it to the Minimum, then it gives you less Initial Torque on your Tires after stepping the Throttle Pedal. I am starting my Setup Routine always with Value 5 for the Start of the LSD Tuning.

2.) Here it is how Sensitiv the Differential reacts to the Accelaration input given by the Driver.
A Higher Value brings more Tirespin and resulting Oversteer at Corner Exits, but if this Value set to low, the Diff holds you back and you loose Time out of the Corner. I normally start between 10-14. After that i start putting it up, one click each Try, till I feel something like "Snap Oversteering" out of Corner. Then, I put the Value one click down and Try it again.

3.) Braking Sensivity is a bit tricky to explain.
In general you have different Tire Rotation Speeds during Cornering without Throttle input.
-A lower Value disallow's this Rotation Differences.
-A higher Value allow's different Tire Rotations.
So: You can Manage to Set up here Over/Understeering while off Throttle or Braking.
Low Values -> Possible Oversteer, High Values -> More Understeer but Stable. Personally i start with 25, if the car Understeers i go down till i get Oversteer and otherwise if the car is Oversteering i go up with the Value.

TOE in + out

main-qimg-98bbae7f6492c8e1fc3e4ade29482564

Simply Explained:
Toe in for Better Straight Line driving Ability.
Toe out for better and sharper Corner Turn in Ability.

-Normally on Racecars -> Toe out for Better Cornering Abilitys instead of Straight Driving Line Ability.

Edit: Additional -> Higher Toe Values Increasing Tire Wear

Here i Normally FineTune at the End. I start with Front Toe Out 0.20 and Rear Toe In 0.20.
After I raise the Front Value till I get Oversteer or the Turn In Ability is good enough for my Feeling. Maximum Value is always 0.30 Front for me. With the Rear to in you hold Your Car Stable -> Higher Values makes the Car more Stable on High Speed Corner but you sacrafice Cornering Ability for it, because the Car tend to Understeer. So there is to find a good Mid Value. But this is how the Driver likes it.

I hope this is what you wanted to know.
Since we are community try this setup with the Toyota ft1 the

Power approx 544
Weight approx 2425
Traction 4
Tires RH(race Hard)
Brakes -3
Height F2.17/R2.17
Frequency F2.75/R2.75
Rollbar F3/R6
Compression F53/R58
Rebound F83/R88
Camber F1.5/R2.0
Toe Out .15/ In .10
Downforce F318/R747
Torque 10
Acceleration 40
Braking 44
Transmission
Top speed 260
1st 2.707
2nd 2.032
3rd 1.633
4th 1.373
5th 1.209
6th 1.113
Final 4.770

Ffril

Since we are community try this setup with the Toyota ft1 dragonstail

Power approx 544
Weight approx 2425
Traction 4
Tires RH(race Hard)
Brakes -3
Height F2.17/R2.17
Frequency F2.75/R2.75
Rollbar F3/R6
Compression F53/R58
Rebound F83/R88
Camber F1.5/R2.0
Toe Out .15/ In .10
Downforce F318/R747
Torque 10
Acceleration 40
Braking 44
Transmission
Top speed 250
1st 2.535
2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th adjust to the far left
Final 5.000

Hey guys.

I know i have slacked the last weeks with doing Setups, the reason is that the current state of the EGT3M (Season 2) took much of preperation Time.

Own BoP, new Rules, many hours testing then i went sick last week but now i made the final highlights of season1.

PS: Season 2 will be announced tomorrow

Hi Minkihl! I hope that everything is now ok with you!

Just asking... if by any chance do you plan in a near future to produce any tuning for the SRT Viper GTS `02 ?

I just want to thank you for all that you do. As an older more mature user I enjoy using the tunes to make the cars more simple for me to drive.
Jerry

Back