Mission 22 - A Test Course Odyssey

• Thread starter Swift
  • 25 comments
Help! I've tried and tried, yet I simply cannot complete this one. I can't get to the first van quickly enough (if I had 500m more I might be able to do it) Any tips?

3-Wheel Drive
Help! I've tried and tried, yet I simply cannot complete this one. I can't get to the first van quickly enough (if I had 500m more I might be able to do it) Any tips?
Dang which one is it? Le mans, with the realnuts?

Uncle Harry
Its 1 lap at the test track.
Leave it in 4th gear until you get the draft from the 5th place van and then change into 5th.

I tried that once and it didn't work, but what you said (and reading up one the Skyline drafting) got me thinking... I tried not even going into 5th gear at all, and got it.

But thanks anyway for the advise, man 👍

out of all the drafting missions, this one bugged me to death. a simple change to manual gearing and i got it in one shot. the 5th gear really slows it down :|

chinko
out of all the drafting missions, this one bugged me to death. a simple change to manual gearing and i got it in one shot. the 5th gear really slows it down :|

Not sure if this still works, but it did in gt3. When using automatic, you can simply hold either of the shift buttons (the buttons you would use to shift if you were using manual) and the car will not upshift (or downshift, I think).

Aetolos
Not sure if this still works, but it did in gt3. When using automatic, you can simply hold either of the shift buttons (the buttons you would use to shift if you were using manual) and the car will not upshift (or downshift, I think).
Oh yes, it works in GT4 too. A nice addition to the cars that have bad low-revs torque.

hey, i got a few tips for the drafting missions

-in all the tests (exept for the bunched up skyline battle, not sure which one that is) dont think u have to stick to the same line as what the ia drive in, its way easier to drop down to the extreme inside line of the track to minimise the distance required to make contact with the next cars draft region.

so i move from inside to outside, then when i pass the next ai, i move to inside again untill ur ready to meet the next ai, and so on.....then simply gradually drift up the bank again to meet the next ai car.

I used this as a money-maker before I learned of the better ways.

I just pretended the kids were late for soccer practice.

Actually, I recall having some difficulty when re-attempting it weeks later, and realized it's important to pass by dropping down the banking, or some similar nuance.

Apparently I've got to "spread" reputation before giving it to you again, but really good job anyway.

i really don't know how too solve the problem with the skyline slipstream battle, could someone please be so kind and mail me how it's done.
re: enzoeferrari@hotmail.com

Maybe you should have a look at the thread for that mission. It's Mission 23. Before you post your question, read the thread. Everything you need is there.

FINALLY GOT ABLE TO FINISH THIS MISSION!

I just kept the car in 4th (or 5th, don't remember), that way, I would speed up more. This technique is the best to be used in the slipstream missions.

Last edited:
Back