Mission 24 - Amused at Test Course

• Thread starter Swift
  • 28 comments
PLEASE! discuss it. This is the hardest driving mission there is. I managed all the others first time except the skyline slipstream. How on earth do you do the amuse s2k slipstream battle?

The same way as the other slipstreams, just make sure you get in the slipstream as soon as possible as every km/h is valuable.

when you overtake should you pull in and let the guy behind overtake you again and then overtake him again etc. or should you just concentrate on catching the next car?

I just concentrated on catching the next car but the "cat and the mouse" tactics might work even better. These cars have so much downforce and thus slipstream that you can almost slingshot past a car and get in the next one's slipstream right away. By the way, are you using manual or automatic gearbox? I did it with automatic :crazy:

TVR GUY
thanks for your help graycap. Was using manual but will try it with auto.

Stick with manual!!!

I simply glued myself to the back of the car ahead, got really close, drive around, and then slid in to align myself with the car in front. The only problem being that the car now behind you can have your slipstream, but normally you overtake the next car before he gets close enough. Just make sure once you are in the lead, you duck down low on the banking and make sure no-one is in your slipstream, and you should cross the finish line hassle-free.

I used the :crazy: smiley just to indicate that it's pretty crazy to try these with automatic gears. But, it can be done that way too. 👍

dont do the cat/ mouse tactic. just go for it and keep your speed as high as possible. i got it on my second try. And with auto

Also when in the curves take the deep inside and that will shave off some seconds, this is the only slipstream I have completed so far and it was fairly easy to me.

I've tried the cat and mouse game as well as slingshotting off past the whole group and staying low with no luck on either approach.

From the way it sounds on this board and on the other FAQs I've read... my mission (as unlikely as it may sound) seems to be set up differently. At the start of the mission there is a bunch of four cars and me sitting behind them, then 13 seconds ahead is the lead car.

I think the cat/mouse method would work if the AI cars weren't stupid. It seems as though they cut their speed if I am directly in front of them.

I just wanted to see if anyone else had their mission set up this way and if so, what strategy did they use to beat it. I'm at a loss because it is the only thing from keeping from getting 100% completion. Thanks.

NVM, as soon as I figured out that I had to pretty much hold the AI cars hands so that they would slipstream off me and then get out of the way of the car coming up on me... I finally beat it. thanks anyway

CTownIntegra
Also when in the curves take the deep inside and that will shave off some seconds, this is the only slipstream I have completed so far and it was fairly easy to me.

ditto...this was the first mission i beat...and i thought it was amazingly easy and fun

did it first try; the gap between the cars is perfectly set up so you can draft and overtake on a straight, then go right to the inside on the corner, drift back to the middle of the track and you'll catch the draft of the next car, rinse and repeat. do this all the way through and you'll catch the lead car easily, plus the cars behind you will never get your draft and mess things up, since they always drive around the middle. easy peasy. i even hit a wall in the middle and won by a couple of seconds.

I catch the cars in first straight and they are all bunched up, slipstream up, pop past em, and left with 3 laps of nothing to draft behind and hopelessly trying to catch a car that ends up 4 secs ahead of me at the end?

Edit: I apologize, I was in mission 23, I just beat mission 24, it's way easier than the other slipstream missions, none of which I've beaten yet.

read the mission 23 thread, it has a particular trick to it. you have to 'team draft' with the chasing cars to catch the leader.

Phew:scared: Finally nailed it! Thanks for all the tips guys. I was able to just go straight at it, ducking low in all the turns, coming out just in time to pick up the slipstream exiting the curves.

yeh this driving mission wz really simplistic i did it first time but scared myself in the prosess coz i nearly spun but its just a matter of getting top speed through the corners so i stayed up top to get the best speed also only pass the if you know you can stick the pass if not wait a few more seconds or until u can pass the guy in front of you and concentrate on the cars in front not the cars behind if they pass they pass but you will probably pass the guy back again through the corner

yeh this driving mission wz really simplistic i did it first time but scared myself in the prosess coz i nearly spun but its just a matter of getting top speed through the corners so i stayed up top to get the best speed also only pass the if you know you can stick the pass if not wait a few more seconds or until u can pass the guy in front of you and concentrate on the cars in front not the cars behind if they pass they pass but you will probably pass the guy back again through the corner

Huh?!??

Please help us understand you by using things they've tried to teach you in school, like punctuation, capitalization, and real English words.

I'm not anybody official here, so I can't tell you what to do, but I WILL make it a very strong suggestion, because someone who IS a moderator will be in touch. Real English, real sentences, real words, it makes your information much more useful.

sorry what i tried to say basicaly is to stay high up on the banks of the corners and concentrate on wats infront of you not behind you. i was in a hurry just in case a teacher caught me in school because i was meant to be doing my coursework.
sorry again it wont, happen again

Just pass the cars and then make sure you keep a high line round the turns on the final lap; that way the car behind has no hope of slipstreaming.

Beat all the slipstreaming missions pretty easily first time except the evil Skyline one.

Final time - 5'51"840 (-0.290) ...Not perfect but good enough for a first go.

After a few goes at this one, I cleared it by about 0.6xx". I mostly stayed low in the corners to shorten my lap distance up, and then moved up to the yellow line as I got near the drafting threshhold.

The wheel was kicking like a mother and this one was not fun. My arms were tired.

I used a DS2 with regular aids and auto box. The trick is to draft the car ahead of you until you are almost on his bumper. Then pull out, and don't start drafting again until you are about 2/3 of the way to the next car.

I'm like many others who have posted in this thread--took me a few tries to figure out you have to draft the Ai, and let them catch up to you over and over till you finally catch the lead car.

Back