Mission 28 - Celicas at Fuji

• Thread starter Swift
  • 13 comments
Very simple. Won by over 2 seconds, first go.

Your biggest (only?) enemy here is the lack of split times.

It is crucial to get a good run out of the final turn to be able to catch the TA22 before the S/F line.

Yeh i found this one easy as well, think i did it first time, you just need to keep a good line, and good speed, and you should be alright with it

MISSION 28

Here's a map of the circuit for this mission, with the gears listed for each corner, and brake zones in yellow.
mission28.jpg

Keys:
-You must out-Tilke Hermann Tilke. That final twisty section is what separates drivers from posers. Several seconds can be gained or lost here.

Disclaimer: This is how I drive the mission. I have a conservative, smooth driving style, so your braking tendencies may not match, but it should give you some idea of where to brake, and how much. Throttle-lifts are NOT shown, but it's not hard to figure out when you should lift. The time reference is for the NTSC version only.

A rather ho-hum Mission. I can't stand this track 👎. I can't see the corners of two critical sections. The end of the straight and a high-speed left-hand dogleg. I have to guess where to brake and that's fairly annoying :grumpy: . I don't understand why they couldn't have brake point markers on this course. For some reason the track boundary seems so featureless (low in contrast). I don't like the color of the asphalt, either.

The Toyota Wedsport Celica is sheer overkill for this course. Even if you miss most of the turns, the Wedsport is so powerful you can make up for it on the straights. I believe a nice three lap Mission using all street Celicas would have been more useful for driving practice. I didn't see the point of this Mission at all. One of the least enjoyable Missions to me :yuck: .
Here's a sample video, although it probably isn't necessary (NTSC, DS2, MT):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C9GjE3SENI

wow, that was pathitic. it doesnt fail you if you use the off course pavement. heh. pushing too hard and i went off track in a couple places.

that leaves m34, the medium/hard rallies and a few random manu races to go to 100% and a black fgt. the black one is all i need to collect them all :P

Wow. Even I took only two tries to win. And I hate this version of the track. And I'd only recently come back from not playing [size=+1]GT4[/size] for several months. And I don't think I've driven at all on that version of the track recently.

Surely this one is the easiest of the 1-lap Magic Missions? Perhaps even easier than the easiest of the 3-lap races?

I got it on the first try, before mission 33. The 37-second gap seems too small, considering the length of the course. The 80s track is not extremely different, however at least there is grass and real catchment areas. The asphalt runoff areas are not only incredibly unsafe for cars other than Formula racers, but they disorient the driver. This is the hardest part of the mission, and not even: the real challenge is keeping your eyes open even in this boredom.

As SirBerra had promoted: One of the more frustrating missions.

However, if you're really frustrated with the other missions and need your morale boosted, this race is good.

Back