MKS and the gray screen of doom...

• Thread starter Majarvis
  • 22 comments

Majarvis

(Banned)
Sometimes when I am making car, and switch the body, I will go to change the colour to one that the new body can use. But it will occasionally be just a solid gray screen, and I have to exit and open it back up and start over. I'm just wondering why this happens...? :confused: :odd: :banghead:

Majarvis, i have not had that happen to me , so i cannot give u any actual facts on why but i can say. Try reinstalling it.

- Cobra

Not sure if anyone knows why, but I'm pretty sure it happens to everyone.

BTW, unless U are using an older version of MK's, when U change bodies, the color automatically changes to one that goes with the body. U still may wan't to change to a different color if U don't like the default color. but U don't need to just to prevent game freeze anymore.

It should, when U installed it, did U install it to a folder containing a previous version? I'm not sure which file contained in the zip file would control this, but if U somehow got an old version of that file in the folder with MK's V38, the program would still work, but the color function would not. If I were U I would delete the contents of your folder containing MK's V38 and then reinstall it. It will work properly as long as U keep all the files in the same folder.

Well like I said, I would delete it and reinstall it. i just downloaded it from the link in my sig, and installed it, to double check, and it works fine (the color thing as well).

Originally posted by Majarvis
Sometimes when I am making car, and switch the body, I will go to change the colour to one that the new body can use. But it will occasionally be just a solid gray screen, and I have to exit and open it back up and start over. I'm just wondering why this happens...? :confused: :odd: :banghead:
Are you getting that blank screen when loading the game with your recent hybrid codes entered ?

Well... not exactly no. See, the thing that happens sometimes is that when I go to choose a different colour in MKS, when the menu comes up to pick a different colour, it is just a solid gray screen, so I have to exit, and open MKS back up in order to change the colour. This doesn't happen all the time, and isn't that big of a deal, it just gets annoying sometimes, but it's no biggie.

hmmmm, i must be lucky or something...i've done everything you can with MK's program, havn't had anything like that happen (yet).

Yeah, it keeps doing it to me, oh well, I can deal with it :) Must be my messed up install of XP, ever since I installed SP1 it's been messing stuff up :mad:

In answer to Majarvis wrote. My ver. 38 of Mk's program does the same thing sometimes when I try to change the color. The exact same thing that's happening to you happens to me.

Guys, U aren't the only ones. It happens to me, and almost everyone else I know. It's really quite common, and it's not exclusive to XP, cuz I'm using W98SE

Oh ok. Yeah it's not a big deal, I don't mind it. The fact we can hybrid period is great :D

btw Heydu, do you know if MK himself is going to, or has tried to implement the search feature into the car selection screen. Because when I go to a car, and right click, I can't search for the car I want, so I have to just look for it. Just wondering if it has been tried before or not? :confused:

Originally posted by Majarvis
btw Heydu, do you know if MK himself is going to, or has tried to implement the search feature into the car selection screen. Because when I go to a car, and right click, I can't search for the car I want, so I have to just look for it. Just wondering if it has been tried before or not? :confused:

I'm not sure I understand your question. Do U mean when U right click and select the change car option? Cuz I just click the sort 1st col button at the bottom of the car list screen to put them in order and there easy enough to find.

lol, how 'bout if he just comes over to your house and does all the hybriding for you? maybe you can get him to take out the trash and do the dishes, too...:lol:

Back