[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,803 comments
The weight of it is very wrong for the rally car still, so there's more than this. At the same time, they also gave the RS200 a mix of rally and road car specs, but even games today can't seem to agree with their specs.

The weight of it is very wrong for the rally car still, so there's more than this. At the same time, they also gave the RS200 a mix of rally and road car specs, but even games today can't seem to agree with their specs.
Yeah, the Delta S4 seems to also be in between the rally and road versions too. The quoted weight figure of 2645 lbs is closer to the Delta S4 Stradale (As is the dealer quoted power figure) but the garage quoted power figure seems to be similar to the RS200, in that it seems to be in between the power of the road car and however much power the rally version is making. 387 is I'm assuming less than what the actual rally car made, and it isn't even as much as the overinflated WRC power outputs in GT2.

Yeah, it's at the power level of the homologation road car, more or less. It's been mentioned a few times, and is alluded to in the FAQ in the first post. The problem is that there is no firm evidence of exactly what power level the competition version ran at, never mind data for a full torque curve that is needed to make it work in the game. This is the same problem with all of the 450hp+ WRC cars and 700hp+ JGTC cars, I'd just be doing a lot of work to go from one inaccurate number to another. Porting over GT4's S4 engine is one option, but there's nothing to say that it's any more accurate than GT2, as 4 still has a lot of made-up racecar performance figures.
Ah okay that's fair enough, apologies for not reading the OP for it. Just popped in my head when I was browsing all the dealerships. Keep up the good work pez :cheers:

Something that I hadn't checked as I started a fresh save without buying them but do the XJ220 and XJR-15 from the Jag dealers show up in races as AI opponents with high powered road cars or are they race cars? Can't actually remember if they appear as race cars in the vanilla game either tbh. I know the RM XJ220 does in All-Stars and Endurance events.

Last edited:
Ah okay that's fair enough, apologies for not reading the OP for it. Just popped in my head when I was browsing all the dealerships. Keep up the good work pez :cheers:

Something that I hadn't checked as I started a fresh save without buying them but do the XJ220 and XJR-15 from the Jag dealers show up in races as AI opponents with high powered road cars or are they race cars? Can't actually remember if they appear as race cars in the vanilla game either tbh. I know the RM XJ220 does in All-Stars and Endurance events.
Unless it's been changed, the XJ220 is only really raced by the AI in Racing Modified form and might show up in stock form on occassion in the Event Generator races, while the XJR15 isn't used as an AI opponent at all.

Unless it's been changed, the XJ220 is only really raced by the AI in Racing Modified form and might show up in stock form on occassion in the Event Generator races, while the XJR15 isn't used as an AI opponent at all.
I think I've seen the XJ220 show up in road car form in the Rome 2 Hour too, at least in the vanilla game.

I think I've seen the XJ220 show up in road car form in the Rome 2 Hour too, at least in the vanilla game.

Yep, fixed in GT2+. It's missing the RM part, as is the Lotus GT1 in some events. The missing RM is also why it shows up in the Event Generator in the unpatched game.

I have a trouble with patching the sim mode. Before I was patching it without any problems but I always get message "invalid input" (arcade version patched succesfully and without any troubles)

I have a trouble with patching the sim mode. Before I was patching it without any problems but I always get message "invalid input" (arcade version patched succesfully and without any troubles)

Your disc image is incorrect, or you're trying to apply the wrong patch.

Is it still an untouched image? Since you can't patch on top of a patched copy, maybe you mistakenly have patched the image you thought was the original. I know it's happened to me.
In which case i'd need to re-download it

Bug Report: On the patched Arcade disc (USA Version 1.2 used as base for patch), going past/trying to select the Peugeot 206 Rally Car from the default rally car selection crashes the game (Tested on both Duckstation and EPSXE- the game seems to fail to load the model and then crashes). Oddly, if you buy the car in simulation mode and then pick it from your garage in Arcade mode it works fine.

Bug Report: On the patched Arcade disc (USA Version 1.2 used as base for patch), going past/trying to select the Peugeot 206 Rally Car from the default rally car selection crashes the game

Oops - this is because I removed the US-localised duplicate of the car, and clearly forgot to include the patched file which switches the Arcade mode car to use the normal version. I'll probably look to put out a beta 6.1 update in the next few days then, which will fix this crash.

Sorry for that, but don't forget the ESSO-sponsored RM Peugeot cars with incorrect names in the garage including the 206 Rally Car at least for the American editions.
On the other hand, many thanks for this newer mod after a very long time. I'm now playing with the turbocharged NSX-R GT1 from the Japanese GT1. I'm so glad with the work done. :)

The beta 6.1 bugfix release is now ready, to resolve the few issues that have been reported with beta 6. As with previous fix releases, savegames from beta 6 are compatible with 6.1.

The download is in the first post, and the fixes from beta 6 are below.

There are no changes from beta 6 for the Light version - I've just reuploaded it with the version number updated.

- Miscellaneous
Fixed crash in Arcade mode when selecting the Peugeot 206 Rally Car (US only, introduced in beta 6).

- Colours
Nissan Skyline GTS-R: Fixed invisible car body in menus (introduced in beta 6).

- Text
Peugeot 206 S16: Fixed incorrect car name in garage (US only).
Peugeot 206 Rally Car: Fixed incorrect car name in garage (US only).
Toyota 2000GT: Fixed missing model year in garage (US only).

- Cars
Nissan Z Ver.S 2by2 '94: Fixed duplicate used car entries (US only, introduced in beta 6).
Nissan Z Ver.S 2by2 Twin Turbo '94: Fixed duplicate used car entries (US only, introduced in beta 6).
Nissan Z Ver.S 2seater '94: Fixed duplicate used car entries (US only, introduced in beta 6).
Nissan Z Ver.S 2seater Twin Turbo '94: Fixed duplicate used car entries (US only, introduced in beta 6).

The beta 6.1 bugfix release is now ready, to resolve the few issues that have been reported with beta 6. As with previous fix releases, savegames from beta 6 are compatible with 6.1[...]
Nice. I didn't know bugfixes didn't do anything to savegames, if I knew I would have started the game already.

Gonna do that now. I already patched them and recreated the cheat I had made once to make me start with 5k cash instead of 10k.

Thanks for this amazing mod.

You know guys, I was extremelly surprised when I found out there is a mod for GT2. And this is not from some sort of a trash, but a very good and useful thing for GT2 fans. Keep up, my friends!!!

Nice. I didn't know bugfixes didn't do anything to savegames, if I knew I would have started the game already.

Yeah, it'd be pretty rough if I broke everyone's savegames two weeks after an update! It's only adding and removing cars and upgrades that break saves, and I've not yet had a bug report major enough to need that after a release.

On yellow, the black stripe looks better imo. The silver stripe is sometimes not visible at all due to glare on the body.

skyline-gt-r-nismo-400r-r33.jpg

pcsxr-pgxp 2022-01-22 11-47-34-08.jpg

Hey - first, thanks and keep up the good work with the mod!

That said, I've noted that during my games (on Duckstation emulation, 6.1 patch on PAL GT Mode), the AI cars in the Dirt Rallies always drive a few meters forward, then crash towards wall and from that point they keep moving from one wall to another, often turning backwards while staying pretty much around the start/ finish line.

Is this a bug or can it be that I made a mistake in installing the mod (I did it by the instruction) and it led to this?

Attachments

• 1642864519187.png
    1642864519187.png
    220.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 1642864768202.png
    1642864768202.png
    211.4 KB · Views: 48
Hey - first, thanks and keep up the good work with the mod!

That said, I've noted that during my games (on Duckstation emulation, 6.1 patch on PAL GT Mode), the AI cars in the Dirt Rallies always drive a few meters forward, then crash towards wall and from that point they keep moving from one wall to another, often turning backwards while staying pretty much around the start/ finish line.

Is this a bug or can it be that I made a mistake in installing the mod (I did it by the instruction) and it led to this?
I think it's about using a cheat. I play on another emulator, but I had the same bug when using the 50 fps cheat.

On yellow, the black stripe looks better imo. The silver stripe is sometimes not visible at all due to glare on the body.

The 400R that Nismo retains and is verified to be the prototype chassis is yellow with a silver stripe. That's what I've replicated for the prototype in the game. There certainly are photos of a yellow Nismo-kitted Skyline with black stripes, which showed up alongside a similarly-liveried Silvia in the R390 press photos, but I don't know if that was a short-lived repaint of this prototype, just a non-production show car like the matching Silvia, or something else.

...the AI cars in the Dirt Rallies always drive a few meters forward, then crash towards wall and from that point they keep moving from one wall to another, often turning backwards while staying pretty much around the start/ finish line.

I can't reproduce this issue. As mentioned in the above post, are you using any cheats or other modifications? Replays and ghost cars only work at the original intended framerate, and it's a known problem with 50/60fps modifications that things like that are broken.

I think this 50/60 FPS code issue with ghosts could be added to the FAQ as it is often brought up. There also are two "Are you going to add the CLK-GTR?" from before and after the release of sub's mod, I believe those could be merged.

Um... no there aren't, honest...

(Sorted both, thanks!)

After some tuning, I've fallen in love with this car and felt like I should take some screenshots... I know there's a thread for GT2 screenshots, but since this is related to GT2 Plus I figured they were more at home here.

Attachments

• SCUS-94488_2022-01-08_08-46-50.png
    SCUS-94488_2022-01-08_08-46-50.png
    227.2 KB · Views: 58
  • SCUS-94488_2022-01-08_08-46-44.png
    SCUS-94488_2022-01-08_08-46-44.png
    235.2 KB · Views: 54
  • SCUS-94488_2022-01-08_08-46-26.png
    SCUS-94488_2022-01-08_08-46-26.png
    294 KB · Views: 48
  • SCUS-94488_2022-01-08_08-45-34.png
    SCUS-94488_2022-01-08_08-45-34.png