[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,811 comments
In the rally races, there's still a typo for Pikes Peak Downhill. The entry screen says the opponent for the final race is a Lancer Evo IV GSR but the actual opponent is an Evo VI.

I haven't touched any of the menu art issues yet as I need to invest some time in trying out any of the tools that exist, finding the right fonts to use, and so on.

Hey pez2k, i just noticed that the front wheels of the RUF BR2 are a bit offset. Its really noticeable when using the front wheel camera.

Fiat Punto GT is named just Fiant Punto on the race board after finishing a race and in replay.

Aston Martin DB7 Coupe has 335hp in the dealer but 380hp in the garage.

Last edited:
Hey pez2k, i just noticed that the front wheels of the RUF BR2 are a bit offset. Its really noticeable when using the front wheel camera.

Fiat Punto GT is named just Fiant Punto on the race board after finishing a race and in replay.

Aston Martin DB7 Coupe has 335hp in the dealer but 380hp in the garage.
"Horsepower changes: Yes, sometimes the dealership will lie to you about the horsepower output of the car you've bought. It's not a bug, it's just built into the game (to simulate lying car salesmen). There are also sudden horsepower increases when you modify the performace-enhancing parts of the tuned car. No, you didn't gain anything, it's just some sort of miscalculation in the settings area."

Reply not mine, this is a quote from the site: Pupik GT2

Last edited:
"Horsepower changes: Yes, sometimes the dealership will lie to you about the horsepower output of the car you've bought. It's not a bug, it's just built into the game (to simulate lying car salesmen). There are also sudden horsepower increases when you modify the performace-enhancing parts of the tuned car. No, you didn't gain anything, it's just some sort of miscalculation in the settings area."

Reply not mine, this is a quote from the site: Pupik GT2
Umm okay, now thats an weird detail... but logical.

Phrasing it as 'simulating lying salesmen' is a bit misleading - the Japanese manufacturers had an agreement for many years that they would not advertise cars at more than 280ps, after performance figures skyrocketed with the introduction of turbos in the 80s. GT reflects this by displaying 280ps for cars such as the Skyline GT-R, which when purchased actually makes more than 300ps. Manufacturer claims aren't always accurate, intentionally.

The DB7 genuinely was rated at 340ps / 335bhp, so the dealership figure is correct. Not sure why the real performance is inflated as I don't think they were known to be under-rated.

edit:
The '95 is a used car, as with other cars of that age.

Ooh, right. Didn't know that really.
Tnx, and sorry if im a pain lol.

Why has one of Pisoj's posts been edited into one of mine? That's pretty confusing.

Last edited:
Phrasing it as 'simulating lying salesmen' is a bit misleading - the Japanese manufacturers had an agreement for many years that they would not advertise cars at more than 280ps, after performance figures skyrocketed with the introduction of turbos in the 80s. GT reflects this by displaying 280ps for cars such as the Skyline GT-R, which when purchased actually makes more than 300ps. Manufacturer claims aren't always accurate, intentionally.

The DB7 genuinely was rated at 340ps / 335bhp, so the dealership figure is correct. Not sure why the real performance is inflated as I don't think they were known to be under-rated.

edit:

Why has one of Pisoj's posts been edited into one of mine? That's pretty confusing.
I didn't know that about Japanese dealers, interesting...

Aston Martin surprised me, could that be fixed
or just deal with it?
Also the CLK Race Car has the same issue.
Its 443 in the dealer but 539 in the garage,
just an enormous boost of power.

Also i wonder if the race horsepower requirements could be changed?
Cause you race for example a 295hp race, but all the opponents drive 110hp cars. Really confusing..

P.S. as for the comment, i don't know myself

Also the CLK Race Car has the same issue.
Its 443 in the dealer but 539 in the garage,
just an enormous boost of power.

Also i wonder if the race horsepower requirements could be changed?
Cause you race for example a 295hp race, but all the opponents drive 110hp cars. Really confusing..

Many of the racecars make more power than they do in the dealership, it's normal. I won't be changing horsepower restrictions - they're a limit, not a target, so they're almost always higher than the AI power levels so that less skilled players have a chance.

Many of the racecars make more power than they do in the dealership, it's normal. I won't be changing horsepower restrictions - they're a limit, not a target, so they're almost always higher than the AI power levels so that less skilled players have a chance.
Hmm i see..

In vanila gt2 the Toyota Gt one road car had 591 bhp when its in the garage it had a slight boost.

Gt2 has always had that the bhp figures from dealership has always been different from the purchase itself.

Not really @pez2k fault when its part of the game.

Last edited:
Can confirm. When I was a kid, I can remember buying that car to use in 591 HP races, only to learn it had 593 HP instead, which annoyed me greatly.
Yes that happened to me too lmaoo

Was the worst thing ever to be honest you bought a certain car cant use it because the game boosted the cars bhp.

Kaz is just trolling us.

In vanila gt2 the Toyota Gt one road car had 591 bhp when its in the garage it had a slight boost.

Gt2 has always had that the bhp figures from dealership has always been different from the purchase itself.

Not really @pez2k fault when its part of the game.
Never said that its his fault, i never knew why its like that actually.

And does anyone know how to win the Volkswagen Polo 1.4?

Never said that its his fault, i never knew why its like that actually.

And does anyone know how to win the Volkswagen Polo 1.4?
I know man dont worry. Im not saying its your fault.

Its just part of the game. Interesting how GT2 has such a feature its weird to be honest.

I know man dont worry. Im not saying its your fault.

Its just part of the game. Interesting how GT2 has such a feature its weird to be honest.
Its cool dude.

I was always fascinated by GT2, and never get bored of playing it.
I played both 3 and 4, its still unbeatable to me.

P.S i just won the Polo. Its should been obvious to me how you get it :banghead:

Its cool dude.

I was always fascinated by GT2, and never get bored of playing it.
I played both 3 and 4, its still unbeatable to me.

P.S i just won the Polo. Its should been obvious to me how you get it :banghead:
In this mod, this car is a prize car instead of Lupo in the Compact Car Cup (Race 3 Autumn Ring)

This is the most terrible and useless prize machine. Please replace it with Viper :) I take my words back. It's a great car, it shakes its butt awesomely when accelerating on a Test Course:lol:

pcsxr-pgxp 2022-02-01 21-02-52-98.jpg

And this car looks beautiful on BBS wheels:

pcsxr-pgxp 2022-02-02 15-17-44-01.jpg

Last edited:
Ummmm... Stupid question time... How/why are you guys still playing GT2???
The game is still just that good. And if you want to play it it's not that hard. It's not that hard to find an original PlayStation, or even a PS2 or PS3. And plenty of people use emulators to play it, though technically we're not allowed to discuss that openly here.

Ummmm... Stupid question time... How/why are you guys still playing GT2???
Because its an awesome game also the nostalgia factor. Gt2 when it came out at the time it was way ahead of the curve.

Also the game especially at the time came full of content For a game that came out in the late 90s and 2000s. My mum paid 60 dollars aud for it, it was not cheap at the time. I even begged her for it in the year 2000 while my older brother got fifa 2000 as a birthday gift.

Thats how special gt2 was it was one of the first games I bought on ps1. I played it so many times literally everyday. Also played with close family friends. We even did endurance races together and transferred cars together. We even did sleep overs and just played GT2 the whole night and farming credits while trying to find rare cars.

So many memories man 😢

Last edited:
Because its an awesome game also the nostalgia factor. Gt2 when it came out at the time it was way ahead of the curve.

Also the game especially at the time came full of content For a game that came out in the late 90s and 2000s. My mum paid 60 dollars aud for it it was not cheap at the time. I even begged her for it in the year 2000 while my older brother got fifa 2000 as a birthday gift.

Thats how special gt2 was it was one of the first games I bought on ps1. I played it so many times literally everyday. Also played with close family friends. We even did endurance races together and transferred cars together. We even did sleep overs and just played GT2 the whole night and farming credits while trying to find rare cars.

So many memories man 😢
Love this

Also, the 400GT is still missing the turbos in arcade mode on Plus, at least for the courtesy car.

A quick update for something that will be included in a future version - I've now figured out how to edit Arcade car parts properly, so I've fixed this issue. It just took some rewriting of tools, about three years overdue.

One interesting point that came up while sifting through the Arcade data was finding out exactly what the difference is between Racing and Drift settings when picking a car. The game actually has two separate versions of every car in Arcade mode, but the sole difference is that Racing uses Sports tyres while Drift uses a special set of Arcade-only tyres that are actually a bit grippier, but with a different tyre compound that makes them easier to slide.

Please, don't forget to fix the color selection on the Ruf prize cars (except for the CR4) because the gray one is repeated and no dark gray is available.

A quick update for something that will be included in a future version - I've now figured out how to edit Arcade car parts properly, so I've fixed this issue. It just took some rewriting of tools, about three years overdue.

One interesting point that came up while sifting through the Arcade data was finding out exactly what the difference is between Racing and Drift settings when picking a car. The game actually has two separate versions of every car in Arcade mode, but the sole difference is that Racing uses Sports tyres while Drift uses a special set of Arcade-only tyres that are actually a bit grippier, but with a different tyre compound that makes them easier to slide.
Just out of curiosity, how similar are the arcade tires to the rally tires? I've never actually tried drift mode and I'm curious. I've heard the dirt physics are actually a property of the tire compound; is this actually true?

Back