[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,811 comments
Please, don't forget to fix the color selection on the Ruf prize cars (except for the CR4) because the gray one is repeated and no dark gray is available.

It's pretty low priority to be honest, as it's impossible to actually notice in normal gameplay.

Just out of curiosity, how similar are the arcade tires to the rally tires? I've never actually tried drift mode and I'm curious. I've heard the dirt physics are actually a property of the tire compound; is this actually true?

They're not the same as the rally tyres, but it's hard to say anything about similarity as nobody has figured out what the tyre data actually means yet.

I'm pretty sure that the track surface material on the dirt tracks is not tarmac, so the handling still wouldn't be the same with normal tyres, but I don't know how much of the handling is down to the tyres. Certainly the difference in dirt handling between the regions is down to the tyre compound, but there are three different types of dirt tyres (FWD / AWD cars, RWD cars, Pikes Peak cars) that all handle consistently on dirt despite using different data.

Any chance of that happening?

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    74.4 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    194.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    196.2 KB · Views: 61
194hp Spoon S2000, there's already something wrong with your car. I'm gonna guess a save from a previous version of GT2+.

Yeah. The Spoon S2000 is a nice prize (it even handles a bit better) but the regular S2000 is definitely more useful in the long run, given that you can't mod the Spoon much. Given that the regular S2000 has a Spoon racing mod option, would it at all be possible to offer that RM on the Spoon S2000?

Any chance of that happening?

More upgrades on the Spoon S2000? Probably not - the next version is going to be right up on the limit of how many parts will fit in the allocated space in memory.

Given that the regular S2000 has a Spoon racing mod option, would it at all be possible to offer that RM on the Spoon S2000?

I'd probably rather use the limited space for bodies on some newer and more unique models than duplicating an existing one, to be honest. The tools are all there if someone wanted to do it themselves though - not every change has to be included in this mod specifically.

Spoon Integra and Civic are much better than the base cars, the S2000 is on the contrary, the base car is much better.
If this car cannot be given more horsepower, this does not mean that it is worse than the factory S2000. It's fast and handles better and I can beat tougher opponents on it.

pcsxr-pgxp 2022-02-08 11-32-56-70.png

More upgrades on the Spoon S2000? Probably not - the next version is going to be right up on the limit of how many parts will fit in the allocated space in memory.

I'd probably rather use the limited space for bodies on some newer and more unique models than duplicating an existing one, to be honest. The tools are all there if someone wanted to do it themselves though - not every change has to be included in this mod specifically.
My thought was moving the Spoon RM to the Spoon S2000 rather than just duplicating it. I didn't expect you to actually do it, it was just a thought really.

Is it weird to me or some cars that are N/A like the MR-S Show Version have Turbo Kit upgrades which they shouldnt?:confused:

The MR-S Show Version is mentioned in the change log - it has the turbo upgrades from the production MR-S to make it a bit less useless and expand what's competitive in the one-make race. There are plenty of N/A cars in the game that have turbo upgrades already, and several cars have both NA Tune and turbo upgrades.

The MR-S Show Version is mentioned in the change log - it has the turbo upgrades from the production MR-S to make it a bit less useless and expand what's competitive in the one-make race. There are plenty of N/A cars in the game that have turbo upgrades already, and several cars have both NA Tune and turbo upgrades.
Hmm, it seems i didnt read the log very well.
Okay thats pretty logical.

Is the RM of the 92' GTO in Gran turismo 1 ported to the mod?
Took a look and it isn't. Also, the Sileighty and Nismo 270R are still ineligible for the 180/Silvia race even though they logically would be eligible. Gran Turismo 4 has a Silvia/180 race and lets both in.

Is the RM of the 92' GTO in Gran turismo 1 ported to the mod?

No, porting GT1 models only recently became possible, so my priorities were the NSX GT1 and Silvia LM. There may be more coming along in future, depending on what there's space for. The next version is going to have to be very carefully planned to avoid overflowing the available memory, beta 6 was already getting close.

Yeah, almost all 3000GT/GTO models were reworked for GT2. With the exception of the LM Edition (kinda including the '99 version too, since it's just the old model with a different spoiler and an added roof scoop), and the stock '99 models, since they debuted in GT2.

Last edited:
FInally got that to work!
Dstation for now. I must say it controls far easier than on the real console. I guess its about FPS and input lag (i increased FPS to 30)

Only thing is i grown up on NTSC music and PAL music sounds horrible to me :D
WIll try to patch the US version 1.0

still no R prefix before this test
1645381461081.png

When i am cycling through AI cars when previewing a race, the cycle does not follow the race position. Was it like that originally?

Is it possible to remake the shadow under the P306 S16?
1645478230815.png

Last edited:
The Chaser LM has something with its sound. Its barely hearable, but the more revs the quicker it plays a strange swish swish sound for a lack of a better name

I really like this Silvia, it's good that now you can get it as a prize car. It's bad that the upgrade of all parts is not available, except for tires. Because the car drives and handles badly even on racing soft. Is there any way to fix this?

pcsxr-pgxp 2022-02-23 16-09-36-88.png

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone has had the same issue, but using the latest complete version, the japanese arcade disc shows a black screen/hangs after the intro cinematic instead of the menu. The american arcade disc works fine.

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone has had the same issue, but using the latest complete version, the japanese arcade disc shows a black screen/hangs after the intro cinematic instead of the menu. The american arcade disc works fine.

Damn, thanks for the report, I'll look into it. JP Arcade uniquely is based on a very old GT2 build before they added localisation for other languages, so it can be temperamental to mod, maybe I broke something when building it.

I'm suspecting the weight of the '98 R390 Race Car might be misquoted. In GT3 and 4, I think the R390 race car is rated at 1000 kg (So 2200 pounds or so, which is what the '97 cars are rated at in GT2, which seems to be consistent with other GT1s of the era), while in GT2 it's rated at 2600 pounds, same as the road car. Not a big deal since the car still performs well though. Then again I'm not sure if this is really "fixable" since I'm not sure if the actual power and weight figures are public knowledge.

Additionally, the Sileighty and Nismo 270R are ineligible for the 180/Silvia events for some reason, which I find odd. Is it because the series is already at the limit of eligible cars?

Additionally, the Sileighty and Nismo 270R are ineligible for the 180/Silvia events for some reason, which I find odd. Is it because the series is already at the limit of eligible cars?
180/Silvia Events are just to be blame for Sony that SilEighty are NOT treated as Silvia nor 180. That’s for verdiction.

I won a Lancer EVO III Rally Car. You can buy turbos stage 2 and 3 for it, but when you select stage 2 or 3 you CANNOT revert to stage 1. (turbo normal is not there at all)
Dunno if it was like that in the original game also.

1645912608038.png

EDIT:
this car has its tuning messed up. I guess it was like that in the original game too.
see this for instance
1645913010955.png

Last edited:
Back