[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,803 comments
Provided your console has the ability to either read an image, burned discs, or whatever, it should work. It's been confirmed to work on PSvite and modded PS1s, so there shouldn't be a reason why not.

I feel like this is a bit of an obvious question..... but is this modded GT2 for emulators only? Or is it actually possible to play this on a PS2/3?
It's possible to play on console as long as you burn the ISO to disk.

Just to confirm, goal number one for this mod is that it will always work on a real PlayStation. The philosophy is for it to be basically what Polyphony could have released in 2000 or so if they had infinite time and budget, and part of that is that it's a functional PS1 game.

I feel like this is a bit of an obvious question..... but is this modded GT2 for emulators only? Or is it actually possible to play this on a PS2/3?
It has been tested on a real PS1 at least. If you have a PS2 or PS3 you possibly could play it but I assume this would require modding the console.

Hello people, I request permission from the administrator to bring the GT psp vol tools program, for those who want to modify the Gran Turismo PSP.?

Last edited:
I know this is the Gran Turismo 2 plus mod forum, but I wanted to share the news that now you can modify the PSP Gran Turismo

Link of: https://github.com/Nenkai/GTPSPVolTools

+ How it works page

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221110-225857.png
    Screenshot_20221110-225857.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20221110-225923.png
    Screenshot_20221110-225923.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20221110-225927.png
    Screenshot_20221110-225927.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20221110-225914.png
    Screenshot_20221110-225914.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
So noticed a glitch. Idk if it was mentioned but arcade mode is broken. Loading any cars from the garage defaults it to a fwd car with very little power. Was using the gt90 and was getting smoked by normal cars

So noticed a glitch. Idk if it was mentioned but arcade mode is broken. Loading any cars from the garage defaults it to a fwd car with very little power. Was using the gt90 and was getting smoked by normal cars

Which version and region of the game and mod are you using, and are you trying to load a savegame from an unmodified game or old version? Old saves aren't compatible, as is mentioned in the FAQ in the first post.

Which version and region of the game and mod are you using, and are you trying to load a savegame from an unmodified game or old version? Old saves aren't compatible, as is mentioned in the FAQ in the first post.
Using the gt2 plus version newest one. Simulation mode works perfect arcade modes home garage is glitched

Last edited:
I think im using a normal arcade disc and not the patched disc. Is there a seperate patched arcade mode disc? Only my sim mode disk is patched

The download links in the first post all include two patches - one for each disc. Just apply the Arcade patch the same way you applied the Sim disc patch.

The download links in the first post all include two patches - one for each disc. Just apply the Arcade patch the same way you applied the Sim disc patch.
That explains it thank you! Honestly I forgot how to do it. Will have to figure it out

Hello people, does anyone know which subaru model this printed Black subaru belongs to?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221127-172307.png
    Screenshot_20221127-172307.png
    105.8 KB · Views: 18
That black Impreza (which comes in blue too) was from the first game and appears as a prize in GT2 for winning the Grand Valley 300. It's not the same car as the '99 Impreza WRC. As far as I know it's a fictional model. Unfortunately GT2 heavily nerfed the power of it.

Hello people, does anyone know which subaru model this printed Black subaru belongs to?
Most likely fictional just like the black toms supra

It's the second color of the Subaru Impreza Rally Car '96 that's, as stated above, one of the 2 prizes for the Grand Valley 300 endurance race. The car comes in 2 colors, blue or black. Since the other prize (R390 GT1 '97) only has one color, that makes it a 33% drop chance in black.
It is fictional, but probably based on early sketches or photos of the then-upcoming 1997 Impreza WRC. It's got all the right body shapes, but a different front bumper lip.

Last edited:
Are gameplay regional differences like with event requirements, also universal I wonder ?

The mod uses the same game data for all three regions, other than the dirt tyres (as changing them breaks lots of rally opponents and license tests). This is largely because the final PAL release has less data bugs than the previous releases, but partly because it simplifies things in the build process by having one standard set of data packaged with each of the three regional executables and music sets.

I'd prefer if you didn't post completely unrelated stuff here to be honest. There's a GT PSP forum, and that's not even new news. This thread is long enough and hard enough to find things in without off-topic chat.
I do understand perfectly, from now on, no more gt psp publications. in this forum. I just wanted to share the news 😅

The pre-recorded replays (that includes all rally opponents) use the set of dirt compounds used by that region of the game, so in order to keep them working, pez can't edit/unify the dirt physics.
All 3 regions have different data for their dirt tyres, with PAL and USA having similar designs. The JP versions however have a very different feel to them. Much more slidey (and imo fun).
You can see a direct comparison in my video (ignore the flag talk, i still hadn't understood exactly what was different)

Last edited:
Is the different dirt tire data the reason behind the different gold times for rally tests across regions?

Most likely part if it yeah, but they're also the reason why they're downright easy to gold on pal (haven't played usa in a while but i doubt they're much harder)

Back