[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,789 comments
The Delta S4 seems to be using the engine from the road version, but again Abarth has never released any detailed engine data for me to incorporate.
Is it possible to extract useful data from the S4 in Gran turismo 4, 5 or 6 that you can use to work out the correct variables for GT2?

Last edited:
I have always thought that PD gave the WRC models a littlebit more power to help these cars to be quicker than group B as physics engine wasnt that advanced to show how WRC cars had better suspension, tyres or aero and also their bigger weight than group B cars.

Last edited:
Split screen over Parsec i assume would be the best way.

No need to ask the same questions here and on my thread btw, i check both lol

Well, some JDM Cars are displayed on dealership with 276 bhp, when the power of most JDM Cars are higher.

For example, Toyota Supra RZ is displayed on Toyota dealership as 276 bhp, but it has 325 bhp!

Is it possible to extract useful data from the S4 in Gran turismo 4, 5 or 6 that you can use to work out the correct variables for GT2?
Using that torque curve is fairly simple, but I don't know how accurate that one is either. It makes more power definitely, but that's no guarantee it's actually right.

Any way to play GT2 online?
The PS1 has no online capability at all.

Well, some JDM Cars are displayed on dealership with 276 bhp, when the power of most JDM Cars are higher.

For example, Toyota Supra RZ is displayed on Toyota dealership as 276 bhp, but it has 325 bhp!
This reflects the manufacturer-claimed power figures which were limited to 280ps, with the cars themselves having a more realistic power level for their performance. It's deliberate and accurate.

Last edited:

Yes, that is because officially that is their horsepower due to the gentlemen's agreement

Hey, is it possible to change the horse power of rally cars to be more realistic in a future update? I.e the delta S4 is only 246hp when it was officially 450hp and thought to be actually producing 550hp. On the other hand, the Impreza rally car is 404hp when it should be 300hp under the FIA WRC regulations.
The Impreza Rally Car (the one you win from the Grand Valley endurance) is rated at 404 HP in game but I'm pretty sure that version is fictional. If we wanted "accurate" power figures it would be more like 580 horsepower as I'm pretty sure it's the same car that was in the first game.

It's on the level of the 1997 Corolla WRC, as it was always meant to be the older 22B WRC.
But i agree that after having been at 575hp/980kg, losing so much power made it quite the weak car in comparison

Last edited:
It's on the level of the 1997 Corolla WRC, as it was always meant to be the older 22B WRC.
But i agree that after having been at 575hp/980kg, losing so much power made it quite the weak car in comparison
Yeah, the Impreza Rally Car was way better in GT1. I'm not sure why they nerfed it to 404 hp in GT2, given the existence of cars like the Tigra Ice Race Car and the Toyota Celica Rally Car (and I assumed this was a fictional variant). If it was back at 575 hp it could even be a road racing monster again.

Yeah, the Impreza Rally Car was way better in GT1. I'm not sure why they nerfed it to 404 hp in GT2, given the existence of cars like the Tigra Ice Race Car and the Toyota Celica Rally Car (and I assumed this was a fictional variant). If it was back at 575 hp it could even be a road racing monster again.
Yes, this Celica Rally in real life had only front-wheel drive and only 180 HP.

Last edited:
The Celica Rally Car in game though is definitely a fictional model. Also, from what I remember, it's a really good rally car in game.
You are wrong, this is a real rally car Toyota Celica GT-S. Here is a photo of the cars, though in different liveries:

celica gt-s (1).jpg celica gt-s (2).jpg

Sorry for mentioning another game in topic, but I'm driving this Celica right now in CMR 2005)
Specs-wise that's a completely stock Japanese-market Celica Mechanical Sports Version, just with a rollcage and fictional livery. The Rally Car in GT2 is an entirely fictional competition version of the XYR concept car.

I always assumed the Celica Rally car in GT2 was inspired the Ultimate Celica, which was a 500+bhp 4wd concept car.

The body isn't the same, but it seems to have some similar power and performance figures.

This Celica seems to be the Impreza Rally Car from GT1 only as a Toyota judging by its power/weight ratio. :) (i think i have never driven this car though)

Last edited:
This Celica seems to be the Impreza Rally Car from GT1 only as a Toyota judging by its power/weight ratio. :) (i think i have never driven this car though)
Perhaps. And for whatever reason the Impreza Rally Car from GT1 got nerfed to only 404 horsepower in the second game, making it not that great.

RE: Celica Rally Car

Isn't it just based on a design that TRD dropped, never actually developed beyond the sketchbook?
Or, am I thinking of something else? I thought I read some article-ette in a car enthusiast mag back in 2014, that talked about various dropped designs and mentioned an early Celica Rally Car as being one of them...

Not that it makes any difference; a dropped design is effectively invalid, but...

RE: Celica Rally Car

Isn't it just based on a design that TRD dropped, never actually developed beyond the sketchbook?
Or, am I thinking of something else? I thought I read some article-ette in a car enthusiast mag back in 2014, that talked about various dropped designs and mentioned an early Celica Rally Car as being one of them...

Not that it makes any difference; a dropped design is effectively invalid, but...
I always assumed the Celica Rally Car was wholly fictional. But if you can find that article I'd like to see it.

Good day, this is such a fantastic mod I want to compliment you for taking the time and effort into making it,

pez2k !​

Is there a way to change the Units of Measurement? If not, are there any plans to add this feature? Here in South America we use the Metric measurement but we're shipped the NTSC version of the game which is in Imperial. I know are cheat codes but a native option would be nice, and it seems PD was going to add this, from The Cutting Room Floor regional differences:

Note: Although suggested in the game's User Manual, changing between the Imperial and Metric measurement systems is not possible at all.

So it fits with the mod's philosophy of restoring content and having it displayed on the Manual suggest it is a content in need to be restored.

Thank you in advance!

JTD
Is there a way to change the Units of Measurement? If not, are there any plans to add this feature?
That's not possible, I'm afraid - I can edit the game data, but nobody outside of Polyphony has access to the source code that would let them actually add features to the game.

That's not possible, I'm afraid - I can edit the game data, but nobody outside of Polyphony has access to the source code that would let them actually add features to the game.
Well, maybe someday someone will find a dump/archive of the source code, or maybe they'll pull an Exilelord and decompile it directly from the game's data header/main code binary.

I won't go into further detail as it is a completely different game, but shouldn't be hard to find if one were to search that up.

Back