[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,789 comments
Thats an interesting information Pez2k. I guess nobody actually played Arcade mode that much. Having it on a separate disc didnt help either i guess. :)

No, Arcade mode uses completely separate cars to GT mode and there aren't any tools to work with them. I don't think anybody has figured out how the Arcade car classes and stat bars work either.
Okay then. However, the additional car colors added in Plus do work if those cars are available in Arcade Mode. For instance, the Viper, the M12 and Storm all have their extra colors accounted for if you pick them from the Class S selection.

Okay then. However, the additional car colors added in Plus do work if those cars are available in Arcade Mode.
Yeah, the models are the same, but not the car data itself, performance and so forth. Arcade, License and GT modes all have totally independent car lists, hence why all three have cars not seen in the other two modes (the pre-upgraded 'Rally Car' models in Arcade, the D-Rights driving school cars in licenses, and the other 90% of the car list in GT mode). The Arcade disc allows loading the GT mode cars via your own garage too, but they're separate to the cars selectable from classes. It's... complicated.

Yeah, the models are the same, but not the car data itself, performance and so forth. Arcade, License and GT modes all have totally independent car lists, hence why all three have cars not seen in the other two modes (the pre-upgraded 'Rally Car' models in Arcade, the D-Rights driving school cars in licenses, and the other 90% of the car list in GT mode). The Arcade disc allows loading the GT mode cars via your own garage too, but they're separate to the cars selectable from classes. It's... complicated.
That's really confusing. And a weird quirk related to this (And localization in general) is that you drive the Honda Integra in the B and A licenses in all versions, even though the Honda Integra isn't normally available in the US version.

Corvette Grand sport 96. A window with a car where you can buy a rally paint looks a little strange. And also, if there are hacks("L3 to toggle Mirror (tap) and HUD" and something else), if you enter this window, the game freezes (Simulation 1.2 ver.)

Last edited:
Corvette Grand sport 96. A window with a car where you can buy a rally paint looks a little strange. And also, if there are hacks("L3 to toggle Mirror (tap) and HUD" and something else), if you enter this window, the game freezes (Simulation 1.2 ver.)
I'm not sure what you mean by 'looks strange', do you have a screenshot?

If you're having issues with hacks (I assume Gameshark codes), then it's worth speaking to the author of the codes, there's nothing I can do about that.

Here are the hacks SIGNIFICANTLY improving the game. But playing with them you have to forget about Chevrolet and Peugeot cars

Here are the hacks SIGNIFICANTLY improving the game. But playing with them you have to forget about Chevrolet and Peugeot cars
Why would I have to forget about Chevrolet and Peugeot with this? Looks like a pretty nice set of mods though.

Some hacks cause some machines to freeze. Sometimes in the middle of the track. Sometimes even the track is not loaded. It's a shame, the game looks great

Some hacks cause some machines to freeze. Sometimes in the middle of the track. Sometimes even the track is not loaded. It's a shame, the game looks great
It definitely looks like a cool set of mods. Does it work fine on the e-word? I don't care too much if it doesn't work on native hardware.

The game works perfectly without any issues on emulator. Pretty sure it runs on hardware as well now. Kraiver seems to be getting issues related to cheat codes or emulator hacks, which aren't related to the mod at all.

The game works perfectly without any issues on emulator. Pretty sure it runs on hardware as well now. Kraiver seems to be getting issues related to cheat codes or emulator hacks, which aren't related to the mod at all.
I didn't realize at first that they were GameShark codes and not patches like Plus is. I am aware Plus works on native hardware, I just don't have the means to try it out on native hardware.

So, my PS2 shat itself and I don't have money to replace it, so I decided to bring my toaster up and go emulating GT2 on it. And on the absolute coincidence I found this forum, great amount of works seems to be done on this mod, so thank you very much.

On the less related topic, anyone know what kind of suspension setting I need for
1. Maximum cornering agressiveness (with downforce)
2. Very stable and responsive drifter
In addition to that, there's also differential slip and Traction Control system to consider, but I mainly want to ask suspension

That's more of a question for the settings section of the game, but for agressiveness i'd probably try to do super soft compression, super strong extension (or vice versa, i forget which makes your car stick well to the ground. Best to test on Smokey North) on the dampers.
Forget TCS, it's a waste of 50k cr. unless it's been fixed by the modder (don't think Pez did anything to it).

Forget TCS, it's a waste of 50k cr. unless it's been fixed by the modder (don't think Pez did anything to it).
Next version, possibly. Just need to fully understand what's going on with it and the best way to set it up to actually have a useful effect - I know you did all of the relevant research previously.

GT2+ is at the limit in terms of bodies that the game supports. GT2 won't ever reach 700 cars unless we start removing racing mods in favour of new cars.

Why is that? I've had someone 100% GT2 NTSC-U 1.2 with all these cheats, and I had no crashes or freezes reported at all.

If you think it's an issue with cheats and not your config, please at least specify the game version.

Last edited:
Why is that? I've had someone 100% GT2 NTSC-U 1.2 with all these cheats, and I had no crashes or freezes reported at all.

If you think it's an issue with cheats and not your config, please at least specify the game version.
NTSC-U 1.2
Problems with only some brands in general, or individual cars in other brands

NTSC-U 1.2
Problems with only some brands in general, or individual cars in other brands
You literally could not be less specific than that... Please clarify what do you mean by "problems", what happens when?

Also like I said, I had someone 100% GT2 with these cheats, so I find it hard to believe they'd be broken like that.

Yeah, the mod applies all updates from NTSC-U 1.2 to earlier versions, so as mentioned any cheat codes need to be for 1.2.

The demo savegame in the first post also has all licenses complete.
Why all license tests complete and why all kiddie prizes instead of all gold and why not include all gold with prize car won from gotten all gold in license besides kiddie prizes. Please I would like to have demo saves with license test prize cars and all golds, thanks 🤗🤗🤗

Why all license tests complete and why all kiddie prizes instead of all gold and why not include all gold with prize car won from gotten all gold in license besides kiddie prizes. Please I would like to have demo saves with license test prize cars and all golds, thanks 🤗🤗🤗
I have an NTSC all golds save kicking around. Would you like to have it? It's got all of the license prizes, including the white GTO added in Plus.

Yep. When the readme says it's not compatible with savegames from the unmodified game, that means your save won't work properly.
Seen it Im using vanilla save and load to GT2 Plus mod and bang! All my cars in garage hp have different and hassled :(

Back