[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,789 comments
80T
As the old saves are not compatible with this mod, if anyone needs it, I've just cooked some Gold licenses for GT2 Plus [B, A, I-C, I-B, I-A & S] ;)
Thought it might come in handy for whomever doesn't want to do the Licenses again (I know some of them can be a bit.. frustrating :banghead::banghead::banghead:)

Licenses status:

View attachment 981633

And the prize cars of course.. :D

View attachment 981634

View attachment 981635

View attachment 981636

View attachment 981637

View attachment 981638

View attachment 981639

View attachment 981640

This is a clean new game, thus there are no races done, options changed or anything else other than the licenses. ̶C̶o̶m̶p̶a̶t̶i̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶N̶T̶S̶C̶-̶U̶ ̶V̶e̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶.̶
EDIT: Should now be compatible with all regions, US - [SCUS-94455] / EU [SCES-02380] / JP [SCPS-10116] - File updated
Happy Hollidays! And Happy Racing!.. :gtpflag:
Is this GT2 plus mod will compatible?

Why all license tests complete and why all kiddie prizes instead of all gold and why not include all gold with prize car won from gotten all gold in license besides kiddie prizes.
It's specifically a save to demonstrate the additions made by the mod, so the cars in the garage are exclusively those that I've modified in some way. The kid's prizes on the licenses are there so that players can try out the new cars in any event regardless of license restrictions, without having to actually have any times set on each test that would have precluded players from winning the gold cars themselves.

You literally could not be less specific than that... Please clarify what do you mean by "problems", what happens when?

Also like I said, I had someone 100% GT2 with these cheats, so I find it hard to believe they'd be broken like that.
When trying to start races or test drives with many cars, the duckstation emulator freezes.
The game freezes when trying to enter the racing livery purchase menu.
It hurts. The game looks great with these improvements.
I haven't tried it on my PS3 yet. And only the body remained from psone.

You're definitely having issues not with the game, but with your emulator settings from the looks of it. It's known that Duckstation tends to crash when you have too high Read speed multipliers combined with really high Seek speeds as well. I'm playing with 5x Read and Infinite Seek and haven't had a single crash yet.
It could be other hacks/tweaks you're using as well

I've probably missed this by a country mile but what is the reasoning for this project not being provided with a link to donate for the work that's been done to this mod?

I've probably missed this by a country mile but what is the reasoning for this project not being provided with a link to donate for the work that's been done to this mod?
I don't feel like it would be justified to take donations, as I'm modifying Polyphony's content, and there are lots of people who have contributed things here and there, not just me. If someone did want to spend money as a tribute to this work, then I would rather that they make a charitable donation to a good cause.

If people were donating anything it'd also feel like an obligation for me to work on the mod more than I currently can - I'm doing this for fun too, and getting money involved often sours things.

A deep farther question: Any chance to add and bring back the Special Stage Route 11 from GT1 as only available in Time Trial only, it would be better super duper epic as a final release 😇

It runs on a PS1, so anything that accurately emulates one will most likely work too.
Sorry for the Double Post.

I tried 4 versions of GT2 that I got (i own them) and none of them could be patched as apparently the checksum is wrong... Any ideas?

I tried 4 versions of GT2 that I got (i own them) and none of them could be patched as apparently the checksum is wrong... Any ideas?
Your dump of the disc isn't quite right, or you're trying to apply a patch for the wrong version. There are various resources like Redump that list the checksums for an accurate dump, so it might be worth looking up the recommended methods to do it well. The GT2+ patches are based on verified accurate dumps from my own GT2 discs, to ensure that it is consistently reproducible.

Just a quick status update on the mod - beta 5.1 has now reached 10,000 downloads across all of its versions, so thank you to everyone who's tried it out!

I'm still working on beta 6, but just like everyone else the past 18 months have been crazy. There's a lot to finish off, with potentially half a dozen new cars, new tools and techniques, and some groundbreaking research by Silent, Submaniac, and commongear that has allowed me to do things that weren't possible before. There are some bugfixes to the original game that I still need to do, so that the Light version still has a decent amount of new stuff compared to 5.1, but I'm hopefully on the downward slope towards the finish now. No promises on timescales, but it's still coming.

Just a quick status update on the mod - beta 5.1 has now reached 10,000 downloads across all of its versions, so thank you to everyone who's tried it out!

I'm still working on beta 6, but just like everyone else the past 18 months have been crazy. There's a lot to finish off, with potentially half a dozen new cars, new tools and techniques, and some groundbreaking research by Silent, Submaniac, and commongear that has allowed me to do things that weren't possible before. There are some bugfixes to the original game that I still need to do, so that the Light version still has a decent amount of new stuff compared to 5.1, but I'm hopefully on the downward slope towards the finish now. No promises on timescales, but it's still coming.
Care to give any teasers for what may come in the next update, or do you prefer to stay quiet?

Also, your mod got a shoutout in this:

Last edited:
I actually do find it odd that the Sileighty could never participate in the Silvia & 180SX club in spite of being a hybrid of both of those things. Especially when PD lets the Sileighty in the Silvia Sisters event in Gran Turismo 4.
Hey Pez, in next update, can you include SilEighty can able to enter in Silvia & 180X Club and also make compatible save game from Beta 5.1 to new update without glitches and hassles. Thanks, I’m rooting for you to do your best 😇😇😇😁😁😁
And SSR11 in the final version too in the future, A R I G A T O Pez 😀😀😀

Last edited:
Care to give any teasers for what may come in the next update, or do you prefer to stay quiet?

Also, your mod got a shoutout in this:
I've shown bits of the new cars back in March / April when I was first working on them - it's just taken a while to get all of the parts in place for them.

There are still a lot of other things on the go and I'm never sure what will be done in time for a release. The latest change is to allow both the US-market 300ZX and the JP-market Fairlady Z to show up in the used car dealership - normally JP and PAL get the Fairlady, and US gets the 300ZX. To confuse matters more, the Fairlady Z is renamed to 300ZX in PAL. I've sorted all of that out, so that all of the used Z32s are available in all regions, with distinct names. There's now roughly a 75/25 split between JP and US cars that show up, and the US cars generally reflect how many were sold in each colour in the real world - it shouldn't be too hard to find a black 300ZX for example, but a purple one will be a lot rarer.

Hey Pez, in next update, can you include SilEighty can able to enter in Silvia & 180X Club and also make compatible save game from Beta 5.1 to new update without glitches and hassles. Thanks, I’m rooting for you to do your best 😇😇😇😁😁😁
And SSR11 in the final version too in the future, A R I G A T O Pez 😀😀😀
Keeping savegame compatibility would require me to add absolutely no new content at all in the next version. There is no way to make savegames compatible when new cars are added, otherwise I'd have done it already.

As mentioned in the FAQ in the first post, SSR11 will happen if anyone ever figures out how the tracks work and writes a tool to convert it, but I have no idea how to do it myself and it's unlikely that such a person will come along any time soon.

hello all, new here and am questioning some things. i have tried 3 different ways to patch 2 different versions and i cannot get my copy to patch correctly. it still looks like the old tried and true GT2 we all love, but i would really like the bug fixes and new content!!!! im not exactly sure what im doing wrong here. thanks!!

i have tried 3 different ways to patch 2 different versions and i cannot get my copy to patch correctly. it still looks like the old tried and true GT2 we all love, but i would really like the bug fixes and new content!!!!
Assuming that you're not getting error messages when applying the patch, the Light version can be spotted by going to the Audi dealership in North City, where the S4 should now be more expensive than the A4. The Complete version (which has all of the extra content) will have both a Vauxhall and an Opel dealer in North City, and the Mercedes-Benz dealership will have a new 'Special' section.

Assuming that you're not getting error messages when applying the patch, the Light version can be spotted by going to the Audi dealership in North City, where the S4 should now be more expensive than the A4. The Complete version (which has all of the extra content) will have both a Vauxhall and an Opel dealer in North City, and the Mercedes-Benz dealership will have a new 'Special' section.
alright so then it did patch correctly. so i have version 1.2 working. no the HD graphics....how does that work for me. is it a code i have to use in the emulator?

alright so then it did patch correctly. so i have version 1.2 working. no the HD graphics....how does that work for me. is it a code i have to use in the emulator?
This mod doesn't do anything with the game's graphics, it's designed to run on a PS1 as the original game does. Most emulators probably offer the option to change the render resolution, and there are cheat codes for certain emulators to change the framerate etc, but none of those have anything to do with this mod specifically.

Was messing around with my 100% GT2+ save and for reasons that are unclear to me, the rally ghosts in sim mode all seem to be broken, in a manner similar to how the 206. I don't know how this happened. Is there a way to fix this?

Was messing around with my 100% GT2+ save and for reasons that are unclear to me, the rally ghosts in sim mode all seem to be broken, in a manner similar to how the 206. I don't know how this happened. Is there a way to fix this?

Ghost replays require a do-over. Nothing doing on your part.

Back