[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,789 comments
Finally I tested both versions.
I just don't agree with this in the Complete version:

Citroen Xsara 1.8i 16v: Restored racing modification.
Honda Life T '97: Restored racing modification.
Honda Life T '98: Restored racing modification.
Nissan Skyline GT-R 4Door: Restored racing modification.
Toyota Prius: Restored racing modification.

Explanation:
The best used non-racing modified car becomes just another Skyline. ¬¬

Would it be too much work to remove just that?

Last edited:
I just don't agree with this in the Complete version:

Citroen Xsara 1.8i 16v: Restored racing modification.
Honda Life T '97: Restored racing modification.
Honda Life T '98: Restored racing modification.
Nissan Skyline GT-R 4Door: Restored racing modification.
Toyota Prius: Restored racing modification.

Explanation:
The best used non-racing modified car becomes just another Skyline. ¬¬

Would it be too much work to remove just that?
I'm not exactly sure what the issue is - surely you can just not buy the new RMs?

All of the source files for the mod are on Github so you're free to make whatever changes you'd like for personal use.
AYC (Active Yaw Control) see here:
https://gran-turismo.fandom.com/wiki/Mitsubishi_Lancer_Evolution_VI_RS_'99
One of the V Rally versions also doesn't have it erroneously.
Which one specifically?

Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_2.png

Which one specifically?

Last edited:
I still don't understand what you're trying to show me.
The vanilla Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V Rally Car from the Special Store does not have YAW.
This already has:
"Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V Rally Car (alternate livery): Restored car."

Now.png

Last edited:
The vanilla Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V Rally Car from the Special Store does not have YAW.
This already has:
"Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V Rally Car (alternate livery): Restored car."
Ah, I see. Is it the same in the game itself? That tool doesn't directly use any game data, so it might not be correct.

Hi guys.
can anybody help me?
I downloaded the patch, downloaded XDeltaUI and couldn't apply the patch at all.
The game version is Japanese SCPS 10116 and 10117.

This is the error I get from xdeltaUI:
"xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT"

Yes, in-game is the same thing.
Thanks, I'll add it to the list to investigate.
This is the error I get from xdeltaUI:
"xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT"
Your disc image is not correct, so the patch cannot be applied. Try ripping the disc again, and compare with the checksums on redump.org to verify that the resulting image is not damaged.

Your disc image is not correct, so the patch cannot be applied. Try ripping the disc again, and compare with the checksums on redump.org to verify that the resulting image is not damaged.
This can happen if the disc is badly scratched and the medium used to rip is pfffft quality. I know what I'm talking about; I've had many an audio rip sound like fpfpfpfpfpfpfpfpfp (me imitating skipping) because the CD was scratched and the the ripping medium was absolute trassssssshhhh...

This can happen if the disc is badly scratched and the medium used to rip is pfffft quality. I know what I'm talking about; I've had many an audio rip sound like fpfpfpfpfpfpfpfpfp (me imitating skipping) because the CD was scratched and the the ripping medium was absolute trassssssshhhh...
I managed to solve it.
I was doing the procedure incorrectly.
I managed to apply the patch and now everything is working fine.

Thank you very much for your attention.

No, but every future mainline GT does have a Mercedes V12 sound you could sample from.
Sure, you could import the sound from another GT game. It still wouldn't be authentic, but you could do that (because lets be honest, GT in general hasn't been the best in car sounds). The modder might not know how to do that though.

Last edited:
Back on the topic of this mod, rather than random other mods, I've got another couple of things ticked off my to-do list for the next GT2+ release.

The Nismo 400R in GT2 was only available in a few colours, all with black stripes. In actual fact, the 400R was built in the vast majority of production R33 GT-R colours, normally with white stripes and sometimes silver. I've adapted most of the extra R33 colours to the 400R now, where I could find photos of a real car to base it on, and corrected all of the stripe colours. The Speed Yellow paint colour was only used on the original 400R prototype and never a production car, so I've also moved the yellow colour exclusively to the 400R prototype prize car, which will now always be awarded in that colour to make it more unique.

400r-white.png

400r-grey.png

Keeping with Nissan, the Primera Te-V was revised for the PAL version of GT2 with the intention of making it a UK-market car, however all that PD actually changed was switching from the high Te-V wing to the lower wing, and adding UK numberplates and the relocated boot lock to fit them. The rest of the car was still a Japanese-market Primera, with 190hp, blacked-out headlights, angled grey trim on the three-colour taillights, and black trim all around the car.

Originally I'd changed this duplicate Primera into a Japanese-market 2.0 Tm S Selection, as it just required swapping the wheels and fixing the physics from a 190hp 6-speed CVT to a 150hp 5-speed manual. I've never quite been happy with it, as I'd more or less had to pick whatever was closest to what the model looked like rather than what it was meant to be, so it was the only car in the mod not deliberately picked by PD. It also still had Te-V badging, and the UK plates and boot lock mixed in with the otherwise Japanese spec.

I've recently gone over the model and revised it quite a lot, into proper UK spec. It now has clear headlights, squared-off two-colour taillights with no trim pieces, no black trim, different bumper vents, new badging, the correct wheels, and the same 150hp spec that I'd previously made. The 2.0 Tm S name can now be retired, as it's finally a proper Primera GT as it was meant to be in 1999.

primerauk3.png

primerauk2.png

Last edited:
Back on the topic of this mod, rather than random other mods, I've got another couple of things ticked off my to-do list for the next GT2+ release.

The Nismo 400R in GT2 was only available in a few colours, all with black stripes. In actual fact, the 400R was built in the vast majority of production R33 GT-R colours, normally with white stripes and sometimes silver. I've adapted most of the extra R33 colours to the 400R now, where I could find photos of a real car to base it on, and corrected all of the stripe colours. The Speed Yellow paint colour was only used on the original 400R prototype and never a production car, so I've also moved the yellow colour exclusively to the 400R prototype prize car, which will now always be awarded in that colour to make it more unique.

400r-white.png

400r-grey.png

Keeping with Nissan, the Primera Te-V was revised for the PAL version of GT2 with the intention of making it a UK-market car, however all that PD actually changed was switching from the high Te-V wing to the lower wing, and adding UK numberplates and the relocated boot lock to fit them. The rest of the car was still a Japanese-market Primera, with 190hp, blacked-out headlights, angled grey trim on the three-colour taillights, and black trim all around the car.

Originally I'd changed this duplicate Primera into a Japanese-market 2.0 Tm S Selection, as it just required swapping the wheels and fixing the physics from a 190hp 6-speed CVT to a 150hp 5-speed manual. I've never quite been happy with it, as I'd more or less had to pick whatever was closest to what the model looked like rather than what it was meant to be, so it was the only car in the mod not deliberately picked by PD. It also still had Te-V badging, and the UK plates and boot lock mixed in with the otherwise Japanese spec.

I've recently gone over the model and revised it quite a lot, into proper UK spec. It now has clear headlights, squared-off two-colour taillights with no trim pieces, no black trim, different bumper vents, new badging, the correct wheels, and the same 150hp spec that I'd previously made. The 2.0 Tm S name can now be retired, as it's finally a proper Primera GT as it was meant to be in 1999.

primerauk3.png

primerauk2.png
They are black:)

from_tokyo.jpg

Big or small, doesn't matter, the details are still super cool!
Do you see there being more cars that could do with this sort of treatment? Or is it gonna come out of necessity?

Do you see there being more cars that could do with this sort of treatment? Or is it gonna come out of necessity?
If you mean the 400R, I'm generally avoiding changing car colours because they're all so wrong that'd it'd be a mammoth job to recolour thousands of paintjobs, and it'd still never be quite right. The stripes in particular were obviously wrong though, and the texture is close enough to the normal GT-R that I 'only' needed to edit 7 of the 16 palettes that it uses to port over the colours.

If you mean the Primera, the early UK S14 200SX also needs to be turned into a proper UK car - the front bumper and grille should be entirely different to the Japanese spec in the game, but it's too much custom art for me to do I think.

The Nismo 400R in GT2 was only available in a few colours, all with black stripes. In actual fact, the 400R was built in the vast majority of production R33 GT-R colours, normally with white stripes and sometimes silver. I've adapted most of the extra R33 colours to the 400R now
Oh nice. Kinda like what I did a while back, except you probably went the extra mile.
So, I'm guessing that means the next update will include Midnight Purple and Dark Blue on the 400R right?
1639613963281.png

1639613991714.png

Oh nice. Kinda like what I did a while back, except you probably went the extra mile.
So, I'm guessing that means the next update will include Midnight Purple and Dark Blue on the 400R right?
Oh, sorry, didn't realise you'd done something similar too. Yes, those two colours will be included, I just didn't show them because GT2's version of the colours don't look great (and a picture each of every colour is too much).

Oh, sorry, didn't realise you'd done something similar too. Yes, those two colours will be included, I just didn't show them because GT2's version of the colours don't look great (and a picture each of every colour is too much).
Nothing to be sorry about, I just wanted to point out doing the same thing. and to be fair, I haven't been modding GT2 myself in a long while.

but great, look forward to seeing them whenever this next patch is.

Back