[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,789 comments
The time is finally here - beta 6 is now complete and ready for download!

Highlights in this version are the addition of the Nissan Silvia LM Edition and Honda NSX-R GT1 Turbo from Gran Turismo 1, the restoration of all remaining cut Ruf and Acura cars as event prizes in GT Mode, the elimination of region restrictions on several cars, the ability to fit custom wheels to BMW cars, and a fix to allow exactly 100% completion no matter which version of the game.

silvialm-garage.png

400r-purple.png

It has been a very lengthy development this time around, but in that time a lot of technical limitations have been encountered and overcome, including being able to convert cars directly from GT1. New faces such as commongear and Silent have helped GT2 modding evolve further over the last 18 months, as well as established figures such as adeyblue and Submaniac.

As always, the download, full changelogs, and a demonstration savegame are in the first post, and the changes from beta 5.1 are below.

- Miscellaneous
Retranslated the French text used for purchased parts from 'déjà' to 'acquis', to work around the game font not supporting accented characters (thanks to Submaniac).
Temporarily disabled any broken demonstration replays.

- Colours
Nissan 180SX Type X '96 RM: Reverted the white colour back to GT1's palette, to fix errors with the grille and blurry text.

- Models / Textures
Alfa Romeo GTV 2.0 TS, night: Fixed the car using a front V6 bumper at night, fixed light spots.
Alfa Romeo GTV 3.0 V6, night: Fixed light spots.
Ford Mustang Cobra '97 RM: Fixed exhaust being painted body colour.
Honda CR-X SiR '91: Fixed invisible exhaust.
Mazda Roadster 1.6 S package '98: Fixed transparent holes in wheels.
Mercedes-Benz CLK Race Car: Adjusted wheel positions to look less inset in the showroom and garage menus (unused body).
Nissan 300ZX Turbo '95: Fixed missing T-top roof (US only).
TOM's T111: Fixed taillights not illuminating at night.
Toyota Corolla Levin BZG '96: Fixed missing vertical bars in the bumper grille.
Toyota Corolla Levin BZG '96, night: Fixed missing front numberplate.
Toyota GT-One Race Car '99: Fixed warped textures on nose.

- Text
Acura NSX '93: Corrected colour name from Shallot Green to Charlotte Green.
Honda NSX '90: Corrected colour name from Shallot Green to Charlotte Green.
Honda NSX-R '92: Corrected colour name from Shallot Green to Charlotte Green.
Lancia Stratos: Added colour names.
Lotus Europa: Added colour names.
Mazda RX-7 RS-R '97 alternate RM: Fixed missing logo (JP only).
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR: Corrected colour name from Lance Blue to Reims Blue.
Nismo 400R: Added colour names.
Toyota Celica XX: Added colour names.

- Upgrades / Physics
Audi A4: Corrected the weight and height from Avant figures to saloon figures.
BMW 328i: Added the turbo kits from the otherwise identical 328Ci.
BMW 528i: Corrected the NA Tune upgrades to match the 328i, and added the turbo kits from the 328Ci.
Dodge Concept Car: Added missing driveshaft upgrade.
Honda Accord SiR-T '97: Corrected power from 193ps to 200ps.
Honda Accord SiR-T '98: Corrected power from 193ps to 200ps.
Mazda RX-7 RS-R '97: Fixed bug that prevented alternate RM being available.
Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG: Improved the NA Tune upgrades and added a stage 3 part, so that it no longer makes less power than the C43 AMG when tuned.
Mitsubishi Galant VR-G '96: Fixed lack of any major power upgrades by adding turbo kits based on the 165ps, 195ps, and 215ps factory turbo versions of its 4G93 engine.
Mitsubishi Galant VR-G '99: Fixed lack of any major power upgrades by adding turbo kits based on the 165ps, 195ps, and 215ps factory turbo versions of its 4G93 engine.
Mitsubishi Legnum 24 ST '99: Added turbo kits.
Mitsubishi Legnum ST '97: Fixed lack of any major power upgrades by adding turbo kits based on the 165ps, 195ps, and 215ps factory turbo versions of its 4G93 engine.
Vauxhall Vectra GSi 2.5: Fixed wheel and tyre sizes from SRi 205/55R16 to GSi 215/45R17, to match the Opel version.

- Events
Gran Turismo World Championship: Fixed this event awarding the Toyota GT-One from the JP release rather than the correct US localised version (US only).
Manufacturer - Nissan Silvia / 180SX / 200SX: Fixed the S14 200SX being unable to enter (PAL only).
S License: Fixed the gold prize for this license awarding the Toyota GT-One from the JP release rather than the correct US localised version (US only).

All updates from the Light version, plus:

- Miscellaneous
Fixed the total completion percentage exceeding 100% when both the Vauxhall and Opel races were completed (thanks to Silent).
Removed the restriction that prevented BMW cars from entering the Wheel Shop and equipping custom wheels.
Removed most lower-stage upgrades from the Arcade rally cars to reduce clutter and free up space.

- Colours
Honda NSX '90: Removed paint colours only available on later models.
Honda NSX-R '92: Removed paint colours only available on later base models.
Jaguar XJR-15: Fixed the orange and yellow colours being swapped when purchased (introduced in alpha 2).
Lotus Europa: Removed fictional silver colour.
Nismo 400R: Added more colour options with correct stripe colours, and removed the non-production yellow colour.
Nismo 400R prototype: Made car only available in yellow with silver stripes, to make it more unique and match the real prototype.
TOM'S T01 Angel: Fixed the red and silver colours being swapped when won (introduced in alpha 2).

- Models / Textures
Honda Life '97 RM, night: Fixed the wrong wheels being used at night (introduced in alpha 2).
Honda Life '98 RM, night: Fixed the wrong wheels being used at night (introduced in alpha 2).
Nissan Primera GT '98: Fixed model being mostly JP-spec, by adding UK-market lights, bumpers, badging, and trim.
Opel Vectra i500: Fixed model being a fictional badge swap of the Vauxhall GSi by adding Opel i500 badging and wheels instead.

- Text
Nissan Silvia K's '95: Removed 200SX / 240SX rebranding in favour of the separate 200SX (US / PAL only).
Nissan Silvia K's Aero '96: Removed 200SX / 240SX rebranding in favour of the separate 200SX (US / PAL only).
Nissan Silvia K's Aero SE '98: Removed 200SX / 240SX rebranding to match the '96 car (US / PAL only).
Nissan Silvia Q's '95: Removed 200SX / 240SX rebranding to match the K's (US / PAL only).
Nissan Silvia Q's Aero '96: Removed 200SX / 240SX rebranding to match the K's (US / PAL only).
Nissan Z Ver.S 2by2 '94: Removed 300ZX rebranding in favour of the separate 300ZX (US / PAL only).
Nissan Z Ver.S 2by2 Twin Turbo '94: Removed 300ZX rebranding in favour of the separate 300ZX (US / PAL only).
Nissan Z Ver.S 2seater '94: Removed 300ZX rebranding in favour of the separate 300ZX (US / PAL only).
Nissan Z Ver.S 2seater Twin Turbo '94: Removed 300ZX rebranding in favour of the separate 300ZX (US / PAL only).

- Upgrades / Physics
Acura Integra LS '96: Corrected weight distribution, model year, and fixed wheel and tyre sizes to 195/60R14.
Honda NSX-R LM GT2: Reduced downforce to drop cornering performance slightly below the NSX-R GT1, and corrected tyre sizes.
Toyota Chaser LM Edition: Adjusted downforce levels to more closely reflect its performance in GT1, and corrected tyre sizes.

- Cars
Acura Integra GS '97: Added car, based on unused content, with custom physics (140hp 5-speed manual).
Honda NSX-R GT1 Turbo: Added car based on GT1 model, textures, and physics.
Mercedes-Benz C55 AMG: Added car based on existing model and modified physics (C43 fitted with CLK55 engine and transmission).
Nissan 200ZX '95: Added car from the PAL release, available as a used car, and fixed missing description (JP / US only).
Nissan 200ZX '98: Added car from the PAL release, available as a used car, and fixed missing description (JP / US only).
Nissan 300ZX 2-seater '95: Made car available as a used car, and fixed missing description (JP / PAL only).
Nissan 300ZX 2+2 '95: Made car available as a used car, and fixed missing description (JP / PAL only).
Nissan 300ZX Turbo '95: Made car available as a used car, and fixed missing description (JP / PAL only).
Nissan Primera GT '98: Reverted the 2.0 Tm S Selection back to a UK-market Primera as originally intended.
Nissan Silvia K's '95: Made car available as a used car, and fixed missing description (PAL only).
Nissan Silvia K's Aero '96: Made car available as a used car, and fixed missing description (PAL only).
Nissan Silvia LM Edition: Added car based on GT1 model, textures, and physics.
Nissan Z Ver.S 2by2 '94: Made car available as a used car (US only).
Nissan Z Ver.S 2by2 Twin Turbo '94: Made car available as a used car (US only).
Nissan Z Ver.S 2seater '94: Made car available as a used car (US only).
Nissan Z Ver.S 2seater Twin Turbo '94: Made car available as a used car (US only).
Ruf BR2: Added car, based on unused content, with custom physics (Ruf-tuned 911 Turbo).
Ruf BR4: Added car, based on unused content, with custom physics (Ruf-tuned 911 Turbo with 4WD conversion).
Ruf BTR4 3.8: Added car, based on unused content, with custom physics (3.8-litre 4WD BTR with EKS automated manual transmission).

- Events
4WD Challenge race 3: Added Ruf BTR4 3.8 opponent.
FF Challenge race 2: Fixed the 4WD Mazda Familia S-Wagon not being removed from the list of possible opponents correctly (introduced in beta 5).
FR Challenge race 2: Replaced the S14 Silvia opponent with a 200SX, like the original PAL release (JP / US only).
German Nationals race 3: Added Ruf BR2 opponent.
Manufacturer - Nissan Silvia / 180SX: Replaced the S14 200SX opponents with Silvias, like the original JP release (introduced in beta 5).
Secret: Added Acura Integra GS '97 as prize car.
Secret: Added Mercedes-Benz C55 AMG as prize car.
Secret: Added Ruf BR2 as prize car.
Secret: Added Ruf BR4 as prize car.
Secret: Added Ruf BTR4 3.8 as prize car.

- Menus
Honda dealership: Added NSX-R GT1 Turbo to the Special section.
Nissan dealership: Added Silvia LM to the Special section.

What's next? The mod still isn't finished, and although most content has now been restored, there are a few particularly challenging cars that remain. There's also a huge list of minor bugs in the base game that still need to be addressed, as well as the new possibilities in menu editing to explore.

Well, the good news is that the Honda NSX GT1 Turbo and the Nissan Silvia LM are pretty fun to drive against other cars in GT2 Plus [Beta 6]. The bad news is that I'll have to legitimately start from scratch, because my older save file for the older version doesn't really work as-intended... I'm just glad I didn't actually save the game, because I would've been steaming mad at losing my progress on the Beta 5 version of GT2+.

Felt like it was still important to ask: How should I give credit where it's due properly when making videos about/streaming the mod with the game? I'm not seeing anything set in stone in the first post. I know I could go on intuition on this, but I still want to make 100% sure for myself and anyone else who's thinking about this.

I made a save game of version NTSC-U 1.2 patched with the new beta 6. Here are all the gold licenses and prize cars received for them, as well as some money to start a career. Maybe someone will come in handy. Happy New Year!
Thanks man, you saved us!

I made a save game of version NTSC-U 1.2 patched with the new beta 6. Here are all the gold licenses and prize cars received for them, as well as some money to start a career. Maybe someone will come in handy. Happy New Year!
Much appreciated 👍.

The bad news is that I'll have to legitimately start from scratch, because my older save file for the older version doesn't really work as-intended...

Yep, this is mentioned in the readme and the first post FAQ - any time any content is added or removed, savegames will break due to the way the game saves your garage contents.

Felt like it was still important to ask: How should I give credit where it's due properly when making videos about/streaming the mod with the game?

If you're able to link to this thread, then the main credits are in the first post and kept up to date. A lot of places just credit it as 'by pez2k', but I don't know how the other contributors feel about that.

Cheers @sir_racealot for all gold+prize cars but I thought pez2k new save for each build grants all the added modifications thus no grinding over

What do I know I not finished GT2 vanilla yet n when I do I won't for Plus lol

Nice work

Last edited:
Cheers @sir_racealot for all gold+prize cars but I thought pez2k new save for each build grants all the added modifications thus no grinding over

What do I know I not finished GT2 vanilla yet n when I do I won't for Plus lol

Nice work
It's up to you to choose. But the demo save does not have these prize cars and you cannot buy them in the game either.

Well, I found a glitch in the new Beta build while looking over the Nissan Used Car lot... I wasn't brave enough to buy it and use it, but it does look kind of cool, like a genuine "Ghost Car".

Attachments

• SCUS-94488_2022-01-02_13-28-40.png
    SCUS-94488_2022-01-02_13-28-40.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 38
  • SCUS-94488_2022-01-02_13-28-46.png
    SCUS-94488_2022-01-02_13-28-46.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 36
  • SCUS-94488_2022-01-02_13-28-50.png
    SCUS-94488_2022-01-02_13-28-50.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 36
It's up to you to choose. But the demo save does not have these prize cars and you cannot buy them in the game either.

The demo save doesn't have any times set for the license tests, so players can still win the prize cars by getting gold. Nothing is locked out.

Well, I found a glitch in the new Beta build while looking over the Nissan Used Car lot... I wasn't brave enough to buy it and use it, but it does look kind of cool, like a genuine "Ghost Car".

Looks like an issue with one of the removed colours from the GTS-R still appearing in the used car list - just to confirm, that's the US version, Complete patch, and circa day 30?

I have never seen this bug before. These Fairladies are duplicated in the used car lot:

Very strange - which region is this, and which patch? I added the JP Fairlady Z to the US used car list in Complete, but didn't touch it for the other regions.

What's next? The mod still isn't finished, and although most content has now been restored, there are a few particularly challenging cars that remain. There's also a huge list of minor bugs in the base game that still need to be addressed, as well as the new possibilities in menu editing to explore.
Maybe I should wait for the full version until you restore all the content from GT1 to GT2 :)
Good luck 🎉🎉🎉🎊🎊🎊

Very strange - which region is this, and which patch? I added the JP Fairlady Z to the US used car list in Complete, but didn't touch it for the other regions.
Yes, this is US version 1.2, with a full patch. Perhaps you added the cars that were already there?

Last edited:
Yes, this is US version 1.2, with a full patch. Perhaps you added the cars that were already there?

Yeah, it looks like certain days in the US version already have some non-US used cars merged into their lists, so when I've migrated cars from one region to another it's ended up with duplicates. What a nuisance!

Maybe I should wait for the full version until you restore all the content from GT1 to GT2 :)

I've been working on this mod for four years to get this far, so I wouldn't hold your breath on a final release being any time soon. Currently, as of beta 6, all of the unique cars from GT1 have already been recreated or ported over, and tracks don't look like they're going to be possible any time soon. Most of the future plans involve content from the GT2 demos and fixing bugs.

Looks like an issue with one of the removed colours from the GTS-R still appearing in the used car list - just to confirm, that's the US version, Complete patch, and circa day 30?
I ran into this issue as well, and yes, it is the US Complete version at around day 30.
Plus the R31 from day 1 is broken as well.

I know this was discussed before, but by any chance would you reconsider adding those colors back? I know they aren't official R31 colors, but still, it doesn't really hurt to have them too right?

Last edited:
@pez2k pardon but I forgot how license prizes work, my memory foggy but I recall example GT4 if you scored one silver then you'd never acquire the bronze prize vehicle (uhrm I confusing meself too)

Is this such for our legacy PS1 GTs? Or it's rather one per

Last edited:
@pez2k pardon but I forgot how license prizes work, my memory foggy but I recall example GT4 if you scored one silver then you'd never acquire the bronze prize vehicle (uhrm I confusing meself too)

Is this such for our legacy PS1 GTs? Or it's rather one per
In GT2 you only get a prize for all gold, no prizes for silver or bronze. In GT4 you got a seperate prize for all bronze, silver or gold, if you got silver you;d get the bronze and silver prize and if you got gold you'd get all three.

Last edited:
I know this was discussed before, but by any chance would you reconsider adding those colors back? I know they aren't official R31 colors, but still, it doesn't really hurt to have them too right?

The point of the mod is to fix things that are incorrect - it's probably more fun to have the '82 Corvette with the inaccurate 30hp boost it has in the unpatched game, to have the Skyline 280MR with 4WD, and the Audi S4 with an incredibly cheap price, but they're all mistakes ultimately.

It's completely doable for people to add the colours back in for their own personal use if desired - all of the tools required are available, and it's just a case of copying over the original textures from the car, the original colour names / thumbnails, and optionally the original used car list entries. I'll never be able to make a mod that satisfies everyone, so I have to draw my own lines and allow people to build on top of it to their own tastes.

@pez2k pardon but I forgot how license prizes work

As above, GT2 only has prizes for gold - it doesn't matter what the player achieves previously, the prize is awarded when they beat the gold time on all tests in that license, in any order.

The demo save for this mod is set up with a 'kids prize' having been awarded for each license test, meaning that the test counts as passed but no time has been set and no bronze / silver / gold medal has been awarded yet. This is what PD did when importing licenses from GT1, as it's effectively a blank slate for the player to improve on. Any time set will be recorded as an improvement, and even a bronze medal counts as better than a 'kids prize'. The license tests can be completed as normal, but any races that require a license can also be entered already, the best of both worlds.

The Delta S4 is down as 243bhp but wasn't that the road car/Stradale version's power?

Didn't the rally car have 500ish?
Wikipedia says 247 hp for the Stradale. I've heard various figures for the rally car. Wikipedia says 483. Gran Turismo 4 has the Delta S4 at 443 I think. Somewhere around that. The RS200 and 205 T16 Evo2 are also quoted at similar figures in GT4. Not sure what other games quote for the Delta S4 and any other Group B machines.

The Delta S4 is down as 243bhp but wasn't that the road car/Stradale version's power?

Didn't the rally car have 500ish?

Yeah, it's at the power level of the homologation road car, more or less. It's been mentioned a few times, and is alluded to in the FAQ in the first post. The problem is that there is no firm evidence of exactly what power level the competition version ran at, never mind data for a full torque curve that is needed to make it work in the game. This is the same problem with all of the 450hp+ WRC cars and 700hp+ JGTC cars, I'd just be doing a lot of work to go from one inaccurate number to another. Porting over GT4's S4 engine is one option, but there's nothing to say that it's any more accurate than GT2, as 4 still has a lot of made-up racecar performance figures.

Yeah, it's at the power level of the homologation road car, more or less. It's been mentioned a few times, and is alluded to in the FAQ in the first post. The problem is that there is no firm evidence of exactly what power level the competition version ran at, never mind data for a full torque curve that is needed to make it work in the game. This is the same problem with all of the 450hp+ WRC cars and 700hp+ JGTC cars, I'd just be doing a lot of work to go from one inaccurate number to another. Porting over GT4's S4 engine is one option, but there's nothing to say that it's any more accurate than GT2, as 4 still has a lot of made-up racecar performance figures.
Yeah, most of the GT1s and prototypes (both LMP and Group C) have noticeably overinflated power figures in GT4. Except for the McLaren F1 GTR for some reason. If GT4 ever gets cracked open for modding that's something I'd definitely want changed.

Here's a comprehensive article on this rally legend:Lancia Delta S4 – The Iconic Group B Rally Car

That sort of proves my point, yeah - it's a good article with plenty of detail, but still has four different estimates of the power figures and no torque curve data.
In fact, we see 243 hp when we buy this car, but in the garage the figure is different - 387 hp. I think just need to correct bhp in the first case and that's it.

pcsxr-pgxp 2022-01-06 17-36-07-71.jpg

Last edited:
Back