[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,803 comments
I won a Lancer EVO III Rally Car. You can buy turbos stage 2 and 3 for it, but when you select stage 2 or 3 you CANNOT revert to stage 1. (turbo normal is not there at all)
Dunno if it was like that in the original game also.

The various Rally Cars on the Arcade disc were just the normal cars with upgrades pre-equipped. GT Mode doesn't really support that, so I did the best I could when duplicating them into separate cars - the upgrades are equipped but not purchased or purchasable. They have the extra upgrades from the original car as a purchasable option simply because they're hopelessly worse than the original car otherwise, but the current setup is the least buggy that I could get them. The Arcade Rally Cars were generally a real pain throughout to implement, just to get what are actually badly tuned duplicate cars... but they were one of the biggest requests so I did it anyway.

And yes, the cars on the Arcade disc come with weight reduction stage 2 under the RM, the 306 RM in one of the license tests is the same way. These cars were assembled in the data part by part rather than having to play by the game's rules.

i have found my first hidden thing in GT2 PLUS. its nicee :)

Skyline GT-R shows year 98 at its name, but 97 at the car stats. (also the name doesnt have any Rxx badge)
AND the car logo has V-Spec, but in the garage, anr replay its only as GT-R.
1646171908100.png

Last edited:
Skyline GT-R shows year 98 at its name, but 97 at the car stats. (also the name doesnt have any Rxx badge)

That's the PAL localisation for the Skyline GT-R V spec '97 - Middlehurst Nissan imported a handful of 1997 V specs into the UK in 1998 as the only version available, hence why it's just 'Skyline GT-R '98'. It's one of the only regional rebrands of Japanese cars in the game that's actually accurate to a real car. That won't stop me reverting it back to the Japanese model name at some point though.

Ah okay. I mainly played american version throughout the years and this just git my attention as i dont think i have seen it before.

Is it possible to fix GT2s terrible steering wheel implementation (NeGcon)?
The deadzone is massive and really aggrovating.

And yes, I have tested different games and they worked much better with a wheel than GT2 and I configured the deadzone in-game to 0.
It is to 100% an issue with GT2.

Dunno if it works with a Negcon but on dualshocks, pressing d-pad up while steering with the left analog drastically increases the sensitivity and nearly removes the deadzone. Requires a lot of precision, because steering lock happens much quicker than normal like this.

Not sure if its the GTplus or not but AMG E55 has 2 same green colours.
And i beleive front left wheel is slightly more towards the front bumper than the right front.

1646684296528.png
1646684309405.png

Last edited:
Not sure if its the GTplus or not but AMG E55 has 2 same green colours.
And i beleive front left wheel is slightly more towards the front bumper than the right front.

View attachment 1121110View attachment 1121111
Colors are a mod issue, in the vanilla game this car only has two colors - silver metallic and black. And the position of the left front wheel is a visual defect of the game as a whole, it is strange that you noticed this only on this model and have not seen it before on others.

Last edited:
I beleive that some of the colours that are similar in reality are too similar to appear different in GT2 due to the number of colours that can be displayed (or something like that).

With the Japanese Arcade disc unplayable ATM, would be possible for the previous patches to be uploaded to play in the meantime?

With the Japanese Arcade disc unplayable ATM, would be possible for the previous patches to be uploaded to play in the meantime?
Previous versions wouldn't be compatible with the save from the GT mode disc. I'm still trying to figure out what the Arcade disc doesn't like about the recent changes - it's quite a different build to the others so it has its own quirks.
Ooo do you happen to have instructions on how to do this?
Installation instructions for the mod are in the readme file.

In the meantime, you may use the Combined Disc on your JP discs as long as the Simulation Disc is 1.1 - it's unaffected by this bug.

In the meantime, you may use the Combined Disc on your JP discs as long as the Simulation Disc is 1.1 - it's unaffected by this bug.
Good to know! Thanks for the info, I'll try that.
EDIT: Works great!
Previous versions wouldn't be compatible with the save from the GT mode disc. I'm still trying to figure out what the Arcade disc doesn't like about the recent changes - it's quite a different build to the others so it has its own quirks.
I understand. Take your time and thanks for your work on this mod.

Last edited:
Because this patch doesn't work for existing base game saves, I'm going to assume that a patched game save can't buy cars from a base game save.

Which means a no. Cars you buy from saves will be messed up the same way loading a garge from a previous version will be. You will have to buy the cars anew to fix them.

Which means a no. Cars you buy from saves will be messed up the same way loading a garge from a previous version will be. You will have to buy the cars anew to fix them.
So game save from base or old version is incompatibility, does it work by getting sell or rid the abnormaled car from old save and re-buy the cars for anewal to remedy the problem? It would be a biggest massive painthrobbing to do without start over from scratch and prize car from license will be bye-bye, goodbye for heart of the hotcar. Or start over from scratch or get beta 6.1 save data but progression has 0% 💔😖🤯
Accept for only reason just now 😈😈😈😈😈
And by the way, license prize car and all gold trophy in license mode must include in this new version too 💯
Uh wait, can 6.1 save data from memory card slot 2 to save data from old version can trade and buy cars includes license prize cars can get around this without start over from scratch and get rid of all cars from previous version or vanilla game save and re-buy to anew individual car to fix the weird HP and bugs. Hopefully it helps my own ideas 👍👍👍👍👍

Last edited:
So game save from base or old version is incompatibility, does it work by getting sell or rid the abnormaled car from old save and re-buy the cars for anewal to remedy the problem?
It's specifically the garage data that's incompatible, so in theory yes, you could sell every car and start again with an empty garage, but as you say license prizes are one-time-only. There are no special tricks or magic workarounds, the only possible solution would be to write a tool that could convert saves between versions outside of the game, but that's not necessarily easy to do.

There's technically no requirement to upgrade to a newer version of the mod, so if a player has a game in progress they don't necessarily have to update and thus start again. It could even be argued that, since a lot of new content is introduced as prize cars for events that didn't have one, it'd be easy to miss a lot of it if those events are already completed in an existing save as there's no reason to redo them.

Back