[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,789 comments
I don`t think I selected Motor Land previously, that`s probably why I thought it was similar to the mini ring track.
Just a small correction on my part: it actually does have six grid spots. The issue is that they're so close to each other that racing anything bigger than kei cars will result in cars overlapping each other at start.

And there`s already reverse tracks in GT2 ? Was a while since I played the original, that`s why I wasnt sure.
There are, they're normally seen in Arcade Mode (single player only) and Event Generator/manufacturer races. The ones I mentioned are the ones not available by normal means.

Seems I was reading about 2player versions of unused tracks regardless, I guess that explains it then...😐
Yeah, I don't think there are any unused 2P versions of tracks in the game data. There is a second, earlier version of Laguna Seca, but that's unrelated to the used 2P version.

I think it was a previous topic and thought they where writing about unused tracks when really they where asking how to play them.

Reading similar things on other pages is probably why I thought differently.

Last edited:
What's different about the 2 player versions of track anyway? I didn't know there were specific versions of the tracks for that.

What's different about the 2 player versions of track anyway? I didn't know there were specific versions of the tracks for that.
They contain less scenery so the console has less stuff to display in split-screen races, for performance purposes. Same principle as the "Hi-Fi" track versions in GT1 which had pretty much zero scenery in order to allow the game to run at a stable 60/50 FPS.

Gran Turismo 2 plus
I have a new question.
I see you are transferring cars from GT1. Could you transfer all the music as well?
I see a cheat has appeared that implements the function of changing music (Similar to the function in NFS4 HS). It is very cool. And the music in GT1 is still better

I see you are transferring cars from GT1. Could you transfer all the music as well?

Unfortunately the number of music tracks and their lengths are hardcoded in the game, and nobody's figured out how to change them. Music can be replaced, but it has to be exactly the same length as the original. It's probably outside of the scope of this mod too - there are no bugs with GT2's music, so it's not something I've looked into much.

I've spent a bit of time recently alternating between using GMCreator and tweaking it, with the goal of making more of the Complete version's new content purchasable instead of scattered around as prize cars.

The C55 AMG is now available in the Special dealership at Mercedes-Benz, with the CLK Race Car moved to a second page. The C55 was an obscure special-order car with only a few dozen hand-built, so I figured it warranted special status. I've also boosted its price since this screenshot was taken - it's not the most expensive road car in the game but it's in the top 20. Back in 1999 it cost quite a lot to pay Mercedes to build a C43, ship it to AMG, and have everything under the bonnet and floor replaced.
c55amg-dealer.png

Ruf on the other hand has received a whole extra page in its New dealership, with the four restored 964-based models all up for sale instead of unbalancing the early game prize pool. They will still show up as opponents in events though, to remind players that they're there.
rufdealerexpanded.png

Because of the above changes, the number of new early-game prize cars will be reduced, however there are a couple of new additions planned so that I can still hide a few unique rewards in there. This time around, they'll be a bit more balanced in terms of value and performance than a free 425ps Ruf!

Nismo 400R: Added more colour options with correct stripe colours, and removed the non-production yellow colour.

Can I ask why this was done? The 400-R's in even newer GT's have the yellow color.

Can I ask why this was done? The 400-R's in even newer GT's have the yellow color.

As above, in real life only the prototype was painted in Porsche's Speed Yellow, while GT2 for some reason features both the 400R and the 400R prototype with the same four colours and virtually identical physics.

To differentiate the two, the prototype in the game now only comes in yellow, and the production version comes in a wider range of colours. This means that there's a guaranteed way to win the car in its iconic yellow paint, and that there's a reason to own both the prototype and the production version, making the former a bit less pointless.

The other GT games didn't bother featuring the prototype as a separate car, and just added its yellow paint to the normal version. GT2 having yellow available on the production model is carried over from GT1, which also just had one 400R.

Didn't know the yellow color on the 400R prototype was a Porsche color. Then again I don't think I consciously realized until now that I haven't seen any other yellow R33 GT-Rs. Was there even an actual yellow color option on any R33 Skyline model?

why does every single race ask for A license? Is something wrong?

edit: a reset seems to solve the issue, phew... :P

Last edited:
Man, is frustrating the way to mod the game, to be specific, computer is needed which I don't possess, i understand the fear of getting banned if you share the file already modified, yet it sucks i can't play it.

Man, is frustrating the way to mod the game, to be specific, computer is needed which I don't possess, i understand the fear of getting banned if you share the file already modified, yet it sucks i can't play it.
It's less about getting banned and more about getting into legal trouble for distributing pirated software with my name on it. As far as I'm aware there are mobile apps that do xdelta patching, I chose it specifically because it was widely supported and not limited to any one platform. Making an image of your game disc can probably be done with a later console in some way, not fully sure on that one.

It's less about getting banned and more about getting into legal trouble for distributing pirated software with my name on it. As far as I'm aware there are mobile apps that do xdelta patching, I chose it specifically because it was widely supported and not limited to any one platform. Making an image of your game disc can probably be done with a later console in some way, not fully sure on that one.
Sorry about that, I misspoke there with the 'ban', what i meant wqs about the potential legal issues, (they are like vipers when it comes to that). I actually tried couple of apps and online patchers, but none seems to work, even I tried with an virtual machine, but to not avail, so im not sure what else to try, thanks for the quick replay though. :-)

Sorry about that, I misspoke there with the 'ban', what i meant wqs about the potential legal issues, (they are like vipers when it comes to that). I actually tried couple of apps and online patchers, but none seems to work, even I tried with an virtual machine, but to not avail, so im not sure what else to try, thanks for the quick replay though. :-)
I never had any problems patching the mod with XDelta Patcher (make sure you don't forget to add ".ISO" to the output name, since XDP doesn't have automatic extension managing)

I never had any problems patching the mod with XDelta Patcher (make sure you don't forget to add ".ISO" to the output name, since XDP doesn't have automatic extension managing)
Yeph...
I think i have to do something else and i'm weared for the moment.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220628-221528.jpg
    Screenshot_20220628-221528.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20220628-221232.jpg
    Screenshot_20220628-221232.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 28
Hey guys
im using the delta patcher to patch my PAL version but keep getting the 'An error has occurred: xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT'.

Tried boths complete and light versions :(

My original data is named 'gt2_disk2.bin', i guess it shouldn't be the issue

Last edited:
Hey guys
im using the delta patcher to patch my PAL version but keep getting the 'An error has occurred: xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT'.

Tried boths complete and light versions :(

My original data is named 'gt2_disk2.bin', i guess it shouldn't be the issue
This is a bug related to checking the checksum of the image after applying the patch.
You need to take the following steps:

1.Open patcher settings:

1.jpg

2.Uncheck the checksum validation checkbox:

2.jpg

3.Should look like this:

3.jpg

After that, click "apply patch" (of course, the path to the image and the patch should be indicated in the empty windows, I just don't have them now). The name of the image does not matter, the main thing is that it should be a .bin file (not .cue!).

This is a bug related to checking the checksum of the image after applying the patch.
You need to take the following steps:

1.Open patcher settings:

2.Uncheck the checksum validation checkbox:

3.Should look like this:

After that, click "apply patch" (of course, the path to the image and the patch should be indicated in the empty windows, I just don't have them now). The name of the image does not matter, the main thing is that it should be a .bin file (not .cue!).

Hey.
Thanks for the fast answer

Done that, got a new .bin smaller than the original, loaded the file but im not sure if the patch was really applied... Exampe: when i got RUF dealer there isn't any of the new cars....

Last edited:
The new RUF cars aren't in the dealership yet, they are currently prize cars. Fastest way to check if you have correctly applied the "complete" patch or not is to check the Special section of the Toyota dealership and see if the Toyota Chaser LM Edition is in there

Back