[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,803 comments
Road Runner is copyright of Warner Bros, and so PD could not use the name.
Thats not true at all. Warner has the copyright for the character, but it exist an animal called roadrunner in real life, but anyway, I hope you find the code to change the name

@Railgun

Source

"Plymouth had to pay Warner Brothers $50,000 to get the name Road Runner for their midsize coupe and dammit, they got their money's worth.
Not only did Plymouth use the roadrunner in their ads and on the badging of the car, they developed a 'beep beep' horn for the thing."

That article also leads to this one, which is more detailed.

So even if there exist a road runner animal in real life, Plymouth licensed Warner's Road Runner, therefore the car had to be renamed for GT2.

Also it's unfortunately not just a code to rename the car. It's graphical data on the menu page, which is not like modifying an image (we wish it was however), which is a hell of a lot harder to change for now.

Hi again,I have a question about the ia cars. How does the game decide the car to be in a race and the car has modifications in some races?

With that thinking, I find it odd that Polyphony Digital went for the Roadrunner anyway versus the GTX. There would be less licensing trouble for a similar looking muscle car and they wouldn't have to give the car a generic name.

Hi again,I have a question about the ia cars. How does the game decide the car to be in a race and the car has modifications in some races?

There is a databse with a bunch of pre-tuned opponent car entries. Each event then has in its data room for up to 16 (or 32? that might only be since GT3) opponent IDs which will be chosen at random and loaded.

There is a databse with a bunch of pre-tuned opponent car entries. Each event then has in its data room for up to 16 (or 32? that might only be since GT3) opponent IDs which will be chosen at random and loaded.
Ok thanks to answer me, with that said , it is possible to add or replace the pre-tunned car for an event. This is because i think that the muscle car races are a joke for the high license requirements, this affect other reces IMO (for example the db7 in the roadster race and all the cars in the super touring and N/A cup) but the muscle event is the worst of all

Yeah they're modifiable. GT2plus won't change them however, since the goal is to add/restore content and not modify the game in any profound way. However, in time and when Pez releases his tools, anyone should be able to change those.

Something else for alpha 4:
venturi-biturbo.png

For some reason, PD used Bi-Turbo logos, a Bi-Turbo manual transmission, a boost gauge, but the naturally aspirated engine stats and weight. That's now fixed, it's a proper Bi-Turbo.

I always bought a Sports Exhaust and a Stage 1 Turbo to make the power close to that of the Bi-Turbo. That's pretty cool.

I know, that furthers my point. They already had use of the nameplate, so modelling a 1971 GTX versus the roadrunner would have been a better pick.

Ah I see what you mean with the later version of the GTX. Maybe they just wanted a bit more variety instead of two GTXs? Though from a game with 50 Skylines that seems pretty ironic :P

I always liked these kinds of weirdness about the GT series though. Same deal with calling the Dodge Copperhead "Concept Car" and Jag XJR "Vehicle" :lol:

Here's another addition for alpha 4 - submaniac93 was kind enough to tweak the textures of the Corvette ZR-1 '95 into a Corvette ZR-1 '90 like the later games. The differences are the wheels, side vents, front bumper, black pinstriping, quad exhausts, less engine power (borrowed directly from GT6), different gearing, and a bit less weight. He's also painted on the optional glass roof for variety.
corvette90zr1.png

I've also tweaked its RM a little to match.
corvette90zr1rm.png

The '95 already ingame for some reason had the vents and wheels from a '90, so I've fixed those to further differentiate it from the '90.
corvette95zr1.png

Finally, for comparison to the '90, the (untouched) '95 RM:
corvette95zr1rm.png

The '90 is now also a possible opponent in the Corvette one-make races.
corvette90zr1race.png

For today's teaser, I've sorted out the Nissan Primeras.

The Japanese release has an accurate Primera 2.0Te-V, the US release had Infiniti badges glued on, but the PAL release had basically a Te-V with the wing missing. I assume PD intended to do a European Primera GT hatchback but never got around to it. Since the car still has the JDM headlights, bumpers and so on, I figured out what it was closest to - a 2.0Tm S Selection. Converting it to this spec required a new set of wheels, a new engine and weight tweaks. I've also kept the optional 6-speed CVT to leave a performance gap to the 5-speed manual '95 GT.

primeratev.png

primeratms.png

As part of this, the proper Te-V has been restored to the new car dealership, and the newly revised Tm S has become a prize car.

Hi again, I have another question, the toyota dealership code is still working? I'm testing some things and i want to obtain the dodge copperhead (or concept car)

@pez2k, I found a few inconsistencies/bugs.

The skyline gt-r v-spec r33 97 is renamed to skyline gt-r 98

Screenshot_2018-09-08-19-29-53.png

Since you've deleted all the extra colors of the r31 skyline gts-r.... But the model still shows up more than once now in the used car list.

Screenshot_2018-09-08-19-29-39.png

And also there is a color mod error bug glitch....... On the FC3S rm, look at the back end (the blue and green colors)....

Screenshot_2018-09-13-11-00-31.png

I also noticed these issues, the FC3S rx7 infini description there is a misspelling, it says RC3S instead of FC3S.

Screenshot_2018-02-26-04-16-20.png

The r32 skyline gts-4 description specifies the gts-4 trim is a 4door....

Screenshot_2018-03-20-12-47-56.png
Screenshot_2018-03-20-12-48-02.png

And also the R33 skyline gt-r 4door description is for the r33 400r 4door model.

Screenshot_2018-05-29-12-44-44.png
Screenshot_2018-05-29-12-44-51.png

I also noticed these issues, the FC3S rx7 infini description there is a misspelling, it says RC3S instead of FC3S.

View attachment 796525

The r32 skyline gts-4 description specifies the gts-4 trim is a 4door....

View attachment 796527
View attachment 796528

And also the R33 skyline gt-r 4door description is for the r33 400r 4door model.

View attachment 796529
View attachment 796530
I think I found one wrong info, for the Mitsubishi FTO. The description is from the Galant

I could try to splice the R33 4door sides and windows onto the R32 body.........that may work to fix that error.....

(EDIT DELETED PICS)

It all just needs fine tuning!

Last edited:
Hi again, I have another question, the toyota dealership code is still working? I'm testing some things and i want to obtain the dodge copperhead (or concept car)

It should do yes, no memory addresses should be affected by this mod. I use a similar method to test new cars.

The skyline gt-r v-spec r33 97 is renamed to skyline gt-r 98

That's correct - PD branded it as the UK market Skyline GT-R '98 in PAL regions. The UK never got anything other than the V spec, so there's no name suffix to distinguish it. It's just another region-specific name like the Almeras, MX-5s, 3000GTs and so on, however this one is actually accurate.

Since you've deleted all the extra colors of the r31 skyline gts-r.... But the model still shows up more than once now in the used car list.

I wouldn't really consider this an issue - I believe the same happens with other cars already. I deliberately haven't changed when it's available.

And also there is a color mod error bug glitch....... On the FC3S rm, look at the back end (the blue and green colors)....

Yes, this is presumably an oversight from PD - it's on my very long list of things to fix.

Car descriptions aren't currently editable, and there are hundreds of inconsistencies, mistakes and spelling errors in them. It's probably not worth listing anything short of a car having entirely the wrong description.

I think I found one wrong info, for the Mitsubishi FTO. The description is from the Galant

Which FTO specifically?

And my focus rs that uses rally car body parts

If you don't mind, keep any non-GT2+ mod discussion to the main modding thread, otherwise it gets a bit confusing for people what is and isn't included in this particular mod.

It should do yes, no memory addresses should be affected by this mod. I use a similar method to test new cars.

Well in that case, can you please tell me what is the method you use, because for some reason i cant use the toyota code (or I have the wrong code)

Well, I found on all the FTOs on the New Cars section of Mitsibishi.

Thanks - I'll see if there is an unused FTO description, otherwise I'll disable the description for them.

Well in that case, can you please tell me what is the method you use, because for some reason i cant use the toyota code (or I have the wrong code)

It may vary based on how you're running the game, but I patch address 0x1C35A8 in memory with the 32-bit car ID while in a new car dealership. It works for most (but not all) dealers, I normally use Jaguar as it's the first one in the list.

For today's teaser, here's an interesting oversight by PD that submaniac93 found: they updated the S14 Silvia model then forgot to actually use it.

Between GT1 and GT2, a lot of the existing car models were revamped with modelled exhausts and textured wing mirrors, such as the R32 GT-R, Supra RZ and more. The S14 Silvia also got this sort of attention, plus corrections to the rear bumper shape, fixes to the wheel positions and sizes, improved shading, and a fixed ride height. This model showed up in the very last demo of GT2... then went missing for the retail release, with the GT1 model used instead.

The GT1 model in retail GT2:

s14silviaold.png

The unused, revised GT2-spec model:

s14silvianew.png

This also meant that when PD created the EU-spec 200SX from the Silvia, they based it on the old GT1 model instead of their new one. I've thus adapted the updated Silvia model into a 200SX, replicating all of the changes that PD made to the GT1 model.

The original 200SX in GT2:

s14200sxold.png

The updated and revised model in GT2+:

s14200sxnew.png

I'l add this GIF to show the update PD forgot more clearly to the S14 model.
The whole mesh is slightly lower, but you can see the exhaust and the mirrors being updated. As for the bumper, it's actually not changed apparently, but the reflection data was definitely redone.

EDIT: Looking a the GIF, I realized the front bumper was slightly altered : o

S14a_update.gif

EDIT2: and here is a gif showing the reshading the colors have gone through for the update as well. (White and Silver are untouched) We like or we don't, but I just wanted to point out the differences in shading.
My personal opinions is that GT2's reshading looks flatter and duller, losing depth on the green and blue, while the black completely lost detail on the hood. A lot of cars imported from GT1 have had this treatment (all of the <97 RX7s for example).

S14a_update_colors.gif

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back