[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,789 comments
It may vary based on how you're running the game, but I patch address 0x1C35A8 in memory with the 32-bit car ID while in a new car dealership. It works for most (but not all) dealers, I normally use Jaguar as it's the first one in the list.
How do you do that, Im using psxfin because the emulators hate me, and i know that is possible whit the cheat engine, but i lost the page of the guy that do that

Out of curiosity why isn't the Honda accord rm not utilized as the castrol mugen accord? It looks roughly the same car that was in Toca touring car Championship for PS1.

How do you do that, Im using psxfin because the emulators hate me, and i know that is possible whit the cheat engine, but i lost the page of the guy that do that

I just hex edit memory dumps. I'm afraid I can't go into much detail since discussion of emulation is banned on this site.

Out of curiosity why isn't the Honda accord rm not utilized as the castrol mugen accord?

Because I'd need to invent new physics from scratch, and there are no other supertourers in the game to race it against, or base it on. Too much work to be practical.

Another quick teaser - a few of the special colour prize cars making a return from GT1, in this case Subarus.

First up is the Alcyone SVX, which can be won in white, blue or purple.

alcyonescv.png

It also comes with unique colours for its RM.

alcyonescvrm.png

There's also my personal favourite of the special colours, an orange Impreza WRX STi version III, also winnable in light blue or yellow.

wrxstiv3scv.png

Finally, sticking to the Subaru topic, GT1 also included an extra colour that was only available on the Impreza WRX STi version III V-Limited. I've also ported this over, and spun it off as its own specific car, available in the used car dealership.

wrxstiv3vlimited.png

A couple more special colour cars from GT1 today, showing off PD's love of yellow Nissans.

First up, the R32 Skyline GT-R, also available in red and blue.

r32scv.png

There's also the S13 Silvia Q's, with red and green options too. For some reason in GT1 it's the naturally aspirated Q's instead of the turbocharged K's - from the car ID alone it wouldn't be possible to tell the two apart, so I presume someone made a mistake when setting up the physics!

silviascv.png

A couple more special colour cars from GT1 today, showing off PD's love of yellow Nissans.

First up, the R32 Skyline GT-R, also available in red and blue.

r32scv.png

There's also the S13 Silvia Q's, with red and green options too. For some reason in GT1 it's the naturally aspirated Q's instead of the turbocharged K's - from the car ID alone it wouldn't be possible to tell the two apart, so I presume someone made a mistake when setting up the physics!

silviascv.png

I love that special color R32

would it be possible to make the " no pricetag " cars buyable?

While I would want this too.... I doubt if he would because that's not how the game was meant to be. Also he has stated that this is to finish what PD and Kaz didn't get to do. And plus there is gameshark codes for that.

where can i find it ?

Hope this helps.....

Here are the codes for the Toyota New Car lot.

xxx1=Car Code 1, xxx2=Car Code 2.

NTSC V1.0 NTSC V1.1 NTSC V1.2 (And Greatest Hits)

Slot 1
D01C322C D5D8 D01C32EC D5D8 D01C353C D5D8
801C2FCC xxx1 801C308C xxx1 801C32DC xxx1
801C2FCE xxx2 801C308E xxx2 801C32DE xxx2

Slot 2
801C3018 xxx1 801C30D8 xxx1 801C3328 xxx1
801C301A xxx2 801C30DA xxx2 801C332A xxx2

Slot 3
801C3064 xxx1 801C3124 xxx1 801C3374 xxx1
801C3066 xxx2 801C3126 xxx2 801C3376 xxx2

Slot 4
801C30B0 xxx1 801C3170 xxx1 801C33C0 xxx1
801C30B2 xxx2 801C3172 xxx2 801C33C2 xxx2

Slot 5
801C30FC xxx1 801C31BC xxx1 801C340C xxx1
801C30FE xxx2 801C31BE xxx2 801C340E xxx2

Slot 6
801C3148 xxx1 801C3208 xxx1 801C3458 xxx1
801C314A xxx2 801C320A xxx2 801C345A xxx2

Slot 7
801C3194 xxx1 801C3254 xxx1 801C34A4 xxx1
801C3196 xxx2 801C3256 xxx2 801C34A6 xxx2

would it be possible to make the " no pricetag " cars buyable?

It's possible - basically they use an alternate version of the menu with no Buy button or price, so it'd require finding the correct menu page for each Special car that uses the unbuyable version and remaking it with the buyable version as a base. I'll not be doing it myself though as it's a ton of work and is a pretty big game design change.

More special colour prize cars from GT1 today, this time some purple Toyotas.

First up, the Soarer, which also comes in yellow and an unusual bronze colour.

soarerscv.png

Second is the Celica SS-II - this also comes in yellow, plus a green colour. The original green used in GT1 is actually a normal production colour that is available out of the box in GT2, so I've swapped it with the dark green that GT1 had as a regular option but was removed for GT2. Unfortunately the RM for the Celica is too dramatically different to the GT2 version to be able to port it yet, but it's on the list for the future.

celicascv.png

It's possible - basically they use an alternate version of the menu with no Buy button or price, so it'd require finding the correct menu page for each Special car that uses the unbuyable version and remaking it with the buyable version as a base. I'll not be doing it myself though as it's a ton of work and is a pretty big game design change.

if i can help at something, but this one point freaks me out where you can see the cars at the dealer but not buying them whats the point anyway lol

Next up in the list of teasers, two special colour cars from GT1 with uniquely coloured RMs.

First up, the Eunos Roadster, also available in a blue colour. In GT1 there was a yellow version too, but this was a real production colour on the J-Limited so GT2 included it out of the box. However, one of the GT1 demos had an unused silver colour, so that takes its place as a prize colour.

roadsterscv.png

The RM for the Roadster is roughly the same livery as the one in GT2, but comes in a striking black and white scheme and a loud yellow and green variant instead of the normal white and red. I've also colour-coded the wheels to add a little bit of extra flavour.

roadsterscvrm.png

GT1 also had a Lancer Evolution IV with special colours, as pictured plus a yellow and purple version.

evo4scv.png

PD also included matching RMs for the green and purple colours - these are the GT1 livery rather than the GT2 version, with the main difference being the lack of one of the logos on the doors. Fortunately this GT1 livery was included in the Japanese release of GT2, so the GT1 colours could be ported over using it.

evo4scvrm.png

Up next in the list of GT1 special colour prize cars is the Civic Type R. As well as the absurd pink, it comes in Spoon yellow and a light blue, all with black bonnets.

civicscv.png

Now, this is where the CR-X should go... but unfortunately it's just too drastically remodelled in GT2 for any portion of the palette to be ported over. The WRX STi v3 was the worst with only the roof and bonnet carried over untouched and that was enough to work from, however the CR-X and Trueno don't have a single panel shared between GT1 and GT2. I may find a way to remake them in future, but for now they won't be in.

To make up for it though... well, those teasers will start tomorrow.

Hi. I'm playing GT2 Plus alpha 3 and I can not get the new price cars in the events. Could you tell me which circuits I have to compete? Thank you.

Hi. I'm playing GT2 Plus alpha 3 and I can not get the new price cars in the events. Could you tell me which circuits I have to compete? Thank you.

In order to not spoil it for people who want to keep the sense of wonder, i'll just tell you the hint I give everyone having trouble: Every race event in the game, except probably the Event Generator races can have prize cars. Special races, Manufacturer races, Dirt races... any of them. None of the original prizes have been altered so far, except one race which awarded the same car as an other race. Pez also made most of the prizes logical to find. Knowing this you should be able to determine where to go. However, if you still have trouble, send me a PM and i'll tell you where they are.

In order to not spoil it for people who want to keep the sense of wonder, i'll just tell you the hint I give everyone having trouble: Every race event in the game, except probably the Event Generator races can have prize cars. Special races, Manufacturer races, Dirt races... any of them. None of the original prizes have been altered so far, except one race which awarded the same car as an other race. Pez also made most of the prizes logical to find. Knowing this you should be able to determine where to go. However, if you still have trouble, send me a PM and i'll tell you where they are.
thank you!

There's one last GT1 special colour prize car to show off, the Aston Martin DB7. As well as purple, this comes in white or a reddish brown, however GT1 also featured a yellow colour that was cut for GT2. That's back as an extra prize colour too.

db7scv.png

Now, the DB7 Volante also had a yellow colour that was cut - it's even visible in the DB7 One Make race menu. Seeing as PD had already teased it themselves like that, I felt I had to bring that back as a new special colour prize car.

With the other colours for the coupe just lying around however, I figured I might as well adapt them to the Volante too. All four colours are featured, plus variants with different roof colours simply because they all looked good.

db7volantescv.png

Of course, I couldn't stop there. The Volante is not the last of them!

Any estimation as to when the NTSC version will be available? I can't find a PAL GT2 disc for the life of me.

The upcoming alpha 4 will likely still be PAL-only, but I'll be aiming to do a NTSC version for alpha 5. I was originally intending to attempt a NTSC version for alpha 4, however the volume of new content and the introduction of modifications to the menus seriously bumped up the amount of work that would be needed to port it over.

I'd prefer to get all of this content out sooner rather than later, then take the time for alpha 5 to focus on how to port over the PAL version's fixes and improvements to NTSC, to reduce the differences between them and make it quicker to tweak all of the mods I've made to be compatible. The NTSC version also has its own handful of unique bugs that I need to fix too. Funnily enough, one of the biggest obstacles is the differences in car names (e.g. Miata / MX-5) - this means that anywhere I've modified data for a car with a region-specific name I need a separate version of that mod with the US name in.

Part of why I decided to port the special colour cars from GT1 was because GT2 was the odd game out in the series for not having any. Once I was done with GT1's cars, I started looking at the later games, and came up with these two relatively easy recreations.

First up, GT3's Lancer Evolution VI in Dandelion Yellow from the Evo V. Enough of the colour palette from GT2's V fitted on the VI textures to rebuild the rest to fit. Such a close examination did lead me to spot a bug with the VI - part of the tail lights picks up the paint colour, so that needs to be fixed next.

evo6scv.png

Its rival the Impreza also got a special colour version in GT3 - the WRX STi version VI wagon in 555 Sonic Blue Mica from the 22B. Fortunately one of the WRX typeR coupes comes in a similar enough blue to adapt it over, once I remade the roof and some other parts.

wrxstiv6scv.png

Back