[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,803 comments
It's just a little later in the day on weekends!

So, after adapting Evo and WRX colours between variants, I decided to try out a custom set of colours for an underused car - the Tommykaira m13.

Stock it only comes in red with a white stripe, but the real car was built in several March colours. As a result, here's the new special prize version, also available in white / red, black / white, and green / white.

m13scv.png

I've also tried my hand at a recolour from scratch, to test out the technique. Here then is a recreation of GT4's special colour MGF.

mgfscv.png

I think that exhausts all of the special colour cars that I have screenshots of so far, but the teasers haven't finished yet!

Nice work! Looks amazing!

IIRC I have seen pics of a blue/white M13. But to be honest I don't know if it was just a kitted micra.

And what about a black 22B?

P1010249.jpg

The HPI-RACING r34 tommykaira R have 4 extra colors white, blue, midnight purple and millenium jade non seen in GT2..
these colors are available the real model? Would be great if these are added to GT2.

I tried something in "hex" mod but without success :dopey:

I know that a Bay Side Blue color existed but I don' know the rest. It would benefit from more colors, if they were available in '99. Millenium Jade came with the Nür model iirc in 2001-2002 so I don't think it was on the 1999 R

The HPI-RACING r34 tommykaira R have 4 extra colors white, blue, midnight purple and millenium jade non seen in GT2..
these colors are available the real model? Would be great if these are added to GT2.

I tried something in "hex" mod but without success :dopey:
I actually added a Bay-Side Blue color option to the TommyKaira R myself, though it needs improvement.

It's interesting to know there was a midnight purple color, I didn't know about that one. I know about the Bay-Side Blue color along with white and silver due to Forza Motorsport.

Last edited:
The 22B was never officially sold in anything but Sonic Blue Mica iirc so I don't think it'll be a thing... but nothing stops you from giving it colors :)

I wasn't sure if it was real. It looked sick. And I've already did.

My choices of cars are actually based around event prizes and what makes sense to be won from where. I wouldn't rule out looking at more colours for the Tommykaira R, but as submaniac pointed out some of those colours didn't exist yet in 1999. It's also pretty hard to work out what TK offered in '99 compared to what exists now, built in later years or repainted.

Eh, I could have a crack at adding the other colors for the TommyKaira R, which means I probably should learn how to properly texture edit.

So, after porting over everything currently possible from GT1, I turned my attention to things left unfinished in GT2.

First up is the Acura Integra LS - it was pretty much just a logo and a set of wheels, so I've filled in the rest. It needed a new body without the GS-R wing, plus a full set of physics. It has a slightly larger engine, but without VTEC it makes a chunk less top end power. It's also got a 4-speed automatic that wasn't available in the sportier Integras.

integrals.png

I'd avoided doing the LS for a while as it was pointless without a dealer to tune it, but as that is solved, here it is.

So, after porting over everything currently possible from GT1, I turned my attention to things left unfinished in GT2.

First up is the Acura Integra LS - it was pretty much just a logo and a set of wheels, so I've filled in the rest. It needed a new body without the GS-R wing, plus a full set of physics. It has a slightly larger engine, but without VTEC it makes a chunk less top end power. It's also got a 4-speed automatic that wasn't available in the sportier Integras.

integrals.png

I'd avoided doing the LS for a while as it was pointless without a dealer to tune it, but as that is solved, here it is.
I think that on Nissan 200SX S13 '96's engine should be corrected, because although 200 SX S13 has 202 bhp in the game, it actually has 169 bhp in real life. And the Nissan 200SX S13's year is wrong, as the Nissan 200SX S13 was produced from 1989 to 1994 in Europe, therefore, it never made production in 1996, as in that year only the 180SX Type X was in production.

If IIRC the Acura Integra LS is chassis code DC4, there also was a DC1 Integra of that gen that had a sohc engine. I have a monthly sub to Honda tuning mag, lol.

Quick question. Will it be possible to restore the beta Xsara Rally Car for future releases of the mod? I mean the one with the wing on the trunk rather than the roof. Would be really cool to finally drive the red one.

Same. the Xsara with roof spoiler is inaccurate no mater which version you look at. However I'd be okay with keeping the roof-spoilered one as a Race Mod for the regular Xsara.

Quick question. Will it be possible to restore the beta Xsara Rally Car for future releases of the mod? I mean the one with the wing on the trunk rather than the roof.

Yes, it was a Xsara RM then and will return as such. It was nearly in alpha 3 but removed at the last second because of a bug with it.

Here's the next teaser, and more unfinished content from PD. The Ruf section of the car list received very heavy revisions through development, and a handful of finished models were left on the retail disc. This is the most interesting one, the CR4. Based on the Asian-market Ruf CRo, itself a naturally aspirated car based on the 964 Carrera, only one AWD CR4 was ever built, as a special order. Since PD modelled it in 1999 the real car has gained a Ruf 993 front bumper and wheels, but seems to have always been a standard CRo mechanically, other than the AWD. The bumper on PD's model matches its sister CR2, so was probably accurate for the time.

Unlike the other Rufs this is a non-turbo car, so it's a lot further down the performance ladder, and closer to a standard Porsche. However, with an NA Tune it can still make decent power for the 4WD series.

rufcr4.png

Unfortunately I have no idea what you mean by either one of those comments. There is no CLK Race Car livery as the model was never finished, but it's not impossible to paint one. As for 'beta name extensions', I'm completely lost.

Same. the Xsara with roof spoiler is inaccurate no mater which version you look at. However I'd be okay with keeping the roof-spoilered one as a Race Mod for the regular Xsara.

Yes, it was a Xsara RM then and will return as such. It was nearly in alpha 3 but removed at the last second because of a bug with it

I agree with submaniac93 and I would prefer to see the accurate xsara rm as the rally car..... since we have already got into a discussion about it. And if you need a red only trunk spoiler xsara rm, I've made one.

Those aren't "beta name extensions," just something Gerarghini added to his screenshots to identify where each race car was primarily used. A nice touch, but I assume it'd be outside of this mod's scope. (Or maybe not, who knows?)

The maximum length for car names is heavily restricted by how much text fits on the race results display, and in the garage. Adding all that text simply wouldn't fit.

As for the Xsara, I'm restoring the RM but not altering the Rally Car. It's semi-fictionalised anyway, I don't think an accuracy argument has merit for me. Nothing stopping people swapping the two models though.

One more bit of unfinished content I've tackled is the Vauxhall Vectra SRi. This was cut late in development in favour of the six-cylinder GSi, with a sportier bodykit. However, the model was mostly done, and just needed a set of wheels, correct wheel positions, colour fixes, and a set of physics.

In terms of performance it's basically a heavier Astra, but with four cylinders it's a bit closer to the touring car when race modified and fully upgraded.

vectrasri.png

There's an Opel version too, the Vectra Sport. This is pretty much the same, but minus the Irmscher wing that the UK-market SRI came with.

Would it be possible to put Tyre wear on all competitions or in Time Trial?

Not as far as I've seen, no. I presume this is hardcoded into the game engine.

One thing that was cut very early from GT2 was the Alfa Romeo 155 GTA. Unlike more recent Alfas there wasn't a 155 GTA production model in reality, just a one-off concept. Instead, the performance model for the 155 was the Q4, with essentially a Delta Integrale 16v drivetrain tuned for more torque. That's what I'm teasing today, complete with a custom logo by Sirius-R.

alfa155q4.png

Widebody Q4s with this spoiler and wheels are pretty rare in the real world, with most of them being pre-facelift with phonedial wheels. However, cars in this exact spec do exist, and it would be a lot of work to modify the body and paint new wheels for a '93 model.

By the way there is an Alfa Romeo 155 Ti-Z. An estimated 20 was built by Zagato.

The Alfa for Japan:

"In total, it is estimated that 21 TI-Z / GTA-Z were produced between 1995 and 1997, in addition to prototypes TI-Z (1 or 2 copies, the mystery remains) and GTA-Z (1 copy). And that's where things get complicated. There will be 20 TI-Z, and only one GTA-Z. 13 copies will be made on the basis of the 155 Twin Spark 2 liters of 170 hp, in traction, 6 copies will be based on the Q4, and a single copy on the basis of the V6! One last copy remains mysterious concerning his motorization.Between 1 and 3 will have an automatic Mazda 3-speed automatic transmission. If such a model tempts you, you will have to go hunting in Japan, the only country where it was sold (notably by S & S Corporation)."

http://boitierrouge.com/2015/11/24/alfa-romeo-155-ti-z-gta-z-des-zagato-pour-le-japon/

So I would say if it's possible to have one of the zagato cars?

Back