[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,789 comments
To answer your question, custom car models are not possible to make yet as nobody has cracked the format sufficiently.
if it would be possible someday... are you there to make even more stuff for this game?

Afterall, could you make a Toyota Corrola non-Rally version? .. maybe used car dealership or some place?

Last edited:
I'm not a 3D artist, so if advanced model editing was possible all I'd use it for is fixing bugs.

I have no plans to add any new cars that weren't in GT1 or pre-release versions of GT2. The limit on the maximum number of cars is very low, and there's barely enough room to restore everything.

Hey Pez, I got an idea... could you make separate real race versions of some RMs? Like the Nismo GT-R LM? Or the Mark Martin Taurus SHO (I would love a real NASCAR car on GT2)? You could make the street cars to have their generic RMs instead of these ones.

I think too, but I came up with this cause these cars have more than one RMs, and, for example: the GT-R LM's original RM actually is an Race Car present in GT1, so that would feel "original". GT1 didn't have the Taurus, or it's RM, but since it have two (One real life and other generic), I think would be best to leave the generic one as the RM for the Street car, and the Mark Martin one an actual Race Car.

I'll do that on some cars for my mod, but only if the race car is very different from the road car. Example, the Taurus and the Intrepid. Cars like the GTR-LM I'll re-tune their upgrades so that when you RM them and tune them they act like standalone race cars. The game has too few available car space left in it to make every RM standalone.

I think Pez won't do any of those changes himself, because, once again, the goal of GT2 plus is to restore cut content, and add some bonus as long as it's from either GT1 or demos, but not to edit the gameplay, flow, or progression of it.

Hey Pez, I got an idea... could you make separate real race versions of some RMs?

As I always say in response to these requests, the limit on the total number of cars is very low and there's not enough room to start adding new stuff on a whim. It's certainly possible for people to make their own mods too, not every mod has to be by me!

will you release your mod sometime?

#Edit: Someone interested in modifying my pec gamelist.ini ? made some new codes up for GTR2 1.0 US some even workling (autopilot by pressing up on dpad, off by pressing down) and some more sh#t, may someone interested to convert them to Pal 4.1? would love to see these things working too but i dont find the time to translate everyting back and forth...

Last edited:
If you mean my own mod, yeah when it gets to a point where I can release an alpha or something.
If you mean Pez's mod... i mean we're in the thread for it so... page 1 ^^

I don't plan to - I'm focusing on fixing bugs and restoring cut content rather than adding new stuff or making design changes. It's easy enough though for you (or anyone else) to unpack the mod and add in different logos for your own personal use.

would the gt1 blue ae86 possible to put in gt2?

The AE86 was entirely remade for GT2, so I can't just port the colours over as I have for the other special colour cars. I do however plan to remake it eventually - all of the special colour cars will be in before I consider this mod finished.

I'm still waiting for the NTSC version of this mod.

Is the MR-S Showroom Concept now an eligible car for the manufacturer race?

Funnily enough, I'm still working on the NTSC version of the mod.

Yes, the MR-S concept is eligible for the MR-S race now, as well as having the same turbo kit options as the final version of the car to give it half a chance of being competitive.

Good day,

So, I'm having a bit of a problem. I'm aware that this mod works fine in PCSX-Reloaded on Retroarch, but... the issue is with both BizHawk (version 2.3.2) and Mednafen (version 1.23.0). When I try to get to the Used Cars selection to get a car in order to start my career, the game crashes and it stops completely, causing for me to restart the game, and it's always constant. In order to check this, I verified the base version of GT2 PAL, and that one works fine, but when I apply the mod, it doesn't work.

Can you please help me to determine what's going on exactly?

Thank you.

Last edited:
I'm aware that the mod doesn't run on all platforms, but it's handy to know of specific ones that crash. Compatibility issues are something that I will be looking into later in development - with each version I understand various file formats better and can edit them more correctly, and once the amount of content is stable I can then focus on any crashes on certain platforms. Any compatibility problems may be moot in the next version as I edit things differently or add and remove particular edits that could have been the cause without knowing about it.

I'm aware that the mod doesn't run on all platforms, but it's handy to know of specific ones that crash. Compatibility issues are something that I will be looking into later in development - with each version I understand various file formats better and can edit them more correctly, and once the amount of content is stable I can then focus on any crashes on certain platforms. Any compatibility problems may be moot in the next version as I edit things differently or add and remove particular edits that could have been the cause without knowing about it.

Alright, nice to know that it will be eventually addressed. One concern to have is regarding compatibility in other emulators, as well as in a real PS1, but yeah.. this is still a WIP, so it's understandable.

Good luck with this.

Thanks to the Youtube algorithm, I have discovered that this mod exists. :)
Honestly, getting the blue Viper back is my favorite thing about this mod. That always annoyed me when switching from GT1 to GT2.
The other thing I was hoping to see in the change log was increasing the garage cap to a value significantly higher than 100, but upon reading this thread, that is sadly impossible.
I truly appreciate the work that has been put into this mod, and very much look forward to a release for the NTSC version!

Funnily enough, seeing MMRivit's original mod to restore the blue and white Viper was one of the things that inspired me to make GT2+!

I have a suggestion to the GT300 and GT500 cars:
GT300: Change all the GT300 cars power to 295 hp (300 ps)
GT500: Change all cars power to 493 hp (500 ps)
Championship: Change the GT300 power limit to 295 hp (300 ps) and add a power limit of 493 hp to the GT500

GT300 and GT500 never really made specifically 300ps and 500ps, the regulations only specified air restrictor sizes based on the engine size and race weight of the car, which would be adjusted for balance of performance.

Teams commonly ran the 911 GT3-RSR in GT300 for example, which made a claimed 445bhp in the ACO's LMGT2 class with circa 29mm restrictors, but in GT300 only had to drop to 27.7mm restrictors. That was never going to chop a full third of the power out of the engine.

Just saw this; looks to be a great WIP and I will check in on updates for the NTSC build. Keep it up.

One question - would this long term have support for the bleem!cast GT2? I suspect it might not work since BC GT2 would likely need to be modified to adhere to the new image/version of GT2 and I don't think BC can be altered as of now.

Last edited:
I am very excited about this mod, but can't make it work with my psvita.
Tried to patch to NTSC but I think I am doing something wrong in the process.
Can somebody help me achieve this?
Thanks so much!

One question - would this long term have support for the bleem!cast GT2? I suspect it might not work since BC GT2 would likely need to be modified to adhere to the new image/version of GT2 and I don't think BC can be altered as of now.

I have no idea to be honest - as far as I was aware, Bleemcast was a boot disc that loaded the emulator into RAM, and a normal retail GT2 disc was used to play. If that is the case, it may work already - I'm only changing data files and not the executable.

I am very excited about this mod, but can't make it work with my psvita.
Tried to patch to NTSC but I think I am doing something wrong in the process.

The NTSC version of the game is not supported yet. Other people have also posted previously in the thread that the mod may not currently work with the Vita / PSP PS1 emulator.

Latest Posts

Back