[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,811 comments
Just heard of this going to pop er in Bleem!cast this evening!

Can't sift through all pages but, the musics? Could they be modded, especially US soundtrack not real fond of but did they have to make them absurd FLAC/WAV size..?

Just 128kbps bitrate MP3s are music to me ears! Pun unintentional, I hear no difference beyond

THANK YE KINDLY!

The race music can be modified in theory, however the length of each track is hardcoded along with the number of tracks, so it's very restrictive and prevents swapping of the soundtrack between regions.

Gorsh darn! Welp I tried in Bleem went to dealers clicked RUF RCT and crashed hardlocked hangs there

Better play on my UniROM PS1 instead!

EDIT: That means boot discing Import Player Lite to make 60hz ={ I hope UniROM in the future can implement this but, also now that I think of it I don't think GT2 even features screen positioning!

Hey pez2k, how are you doing??is it good down there?....its been a long time for the plus mod and it totally amaze me about the amount of time and effort you put into this mod...i just want to say thank you for this mod, its very nice to see those beta things are in the final game...i know its a tough project since you didn't have much time to do so,im just wondering when is the next version are going to be release..i wish that it gonna be soon or sooner because i believe there are few people want to play this mod on their ps1 console and including me....im just so desperate to get it and im not gonna lie,i also see this thread every single day to see anything new or the progression that you make on the mod...it just make things become far more better than ever...i hope you can reply soon..thank you pez2k for sharing with all of us ...im totally appreciate every single that you make..

Oww okey pez2k...i understand that..is this means that it is "about" to finish...and may i know what is the thing that you have to do before finish???i just really2 want to know that...i i feel like a was talking to an artist right now..thank you for your reply pez2k..im as always appreciate it

is this means that it is "about" to finish...and may i know what is the thing that you have to do before finish?

There's probably about 14 sets of car physics left to do, and making the mod work on the Arcade disc. None of that is set in stone though, it's done when it's done.

Wow thats great..im pretty sure that it took an amount of time and also some difficulties on the car physics and also making the mod work on arcade as well....thats truly a great news..i believe that you guys are working as hard to make the game perfect than before..its truly a masterpiece..may i know,is this going to be a final build of it.??just wondering....thank you pez for reply to me....like always, i appreciate it..

No, there are still tons of things left to fix, as well as a few cars to try to restore.

Oww im so sorry pez..i thought that we are going straight to the final version after a nearly a year after alpha4.1 release..damn,it looks like pd left alot of bugs to us..so sad lol...i have a question...can alpha 4.1 savedata be use for the next upcoming update??thank you pez

Did an oof.
Launched the patched GT2 file on phone with an old save file and now my race-prepped Skyline makes all of it's 72bhp :D.

Not classifying it as a fix-it-now bug, just an interesting discovery.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200125_135025_com.epsxe.ePSXe.jpg
    Screenshot_20200125_135025_com.epsxe.ePSXe.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 82
can alpha 4.1 savedata be use for the next upcoming update?

No, every time I add any cars or parts it will break savegames. I'd like to write a save converter, but it's not easy and I'd rather focus on getting a new release out first.

Launched the patched GT2 file on phone with an old save file and now my race-prepped Skyline makes all of it's 72bhp :D.

Not classifying it as a fix-it-now bug, just an interesting discovery.

It's not really a discovery - the readme explicitly says that savegames are not compatible, and it's been mentioned dozens of times already.

Okey,so this means that every time there is a new update comes up, i have to start a new career.okey i understand...is the newest version are at the end of it??i mean,is it nearly finished for this new patch?

Yes it means you'll have to start a new save every time. That's why you have either the choice of playing now, knowing this, or wait util it's finalized to play. Constantly asking when it'll be released won't make it go faster, be patient ;)

Y
Yes it means you'll have to start a new save every time. That's why you have either the choice of playing now, knowing this, or wait util it's finalized to play. Constantly asking when it'll be released won't make it go faster, be patient ;)

You are right submaniac... maybe i should sleep for1 year or just jump in my time machine lol hahabaha..thanks man...

So just to be clear next release is including support for NTSC and beyond?

That's the goal - I've got it working on the US release, I just need to replicate the menu edits I've already done to the PAL menus, then get it working on the Arcade disc. The JP Arcade disc is going to be hardest to patch, as it was never updated to the later multi-language version of the game like the GT disc was, so some filenames are different and it's missing a lot of model fixes.

Do these releases only work on the discs or is it compatible with ISO's?

There's no way to distinguish the original source of a disc image, so it works solely on the honour system that people will only use the mod on their own legal copies of the game.

i would like to know what happen to all of the Exxon cars..did you make them as prize cars???

The fictional Exxon liveries are unused in the PAL release, and for the Complete version they have been removed entirely to make space for new cars. In the US version of the Complete patch, the game will be converted over to use the real Esso liveries instead of Exxon, same as the PAL and JP releases. In the US version of the Light patch, they may be fixed so that they're all available for use, as in the standard US game the GT-Ones awarded as prizes are both Esso versions.

Owww i see, may i know that did you use some retextured liveries mod from the youtube for the patch???i see most of it looks usefull tho..and also if the prius has RACing liveries, this means that they are faster right???

Last edited:
The Audi Avant will be restored?

No, it has no reflections and nobody knows how they work yet.

did you use some retextured liveries mod from the youtube for the patch???
if the prius has RACing liveries, this means that they are faster right???

I'm not adding new liveries, the focus of the mod is on fixing bugs and restoring cut content.

The racing modification for the Prius means it's lighter and has more downforce, but it still has no other upgrades so it's still very slow.

lol i just wanna say that im really excited for the NTSC release, so far ive really enjoyed all of the changes made and it makes me happy to see this forum active, i hope that gran turismo 2 gets a whole host of modifications like this one in the future, im not sure how hard it is to make changes to the game but i foresee a good future with this old gem of a game

No, it has no reflections and nobody knows how they work yet.

I'm not adding new liveries, the focus of the mod is on fixing bugs and restoring cut content.

The racing modification for the Prius means it's lighter and has more downforce, but it still has no other upgrades so it's still very slow.
Thank you pez for sharing the info us..pez2k,can you share any news or updates about the patch, you know we all are really interested in it including myself...maybe you can share about what you have done for the next update patch??

Latest Posts

Back