[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,803 comments
Yeah, I'll most likely be adding a FAQ with the next update.

Those events are already very close to the maximum number of opponents - I have considered it however, but I'm generally focusing on fixing things rather than making unnecessary changes.
Okay, then add Escudo as a prize car (but with different colors and without banners) and adjust the general statistics.

Okay, then add Escudo as a prize car (but with different colors and without banners) and adjust the general statistics.

No. Repainting the Escudo is a lot of work, and in no way falls under the goals of fixing bugs and restoring content.

Well, I think u can downgrade some AI cars (Zexel Skyline etc) and delete AI, that have more power than it available in some races. For example, GT40 at the Rome or W8 at the Red Rock (Mid-engine race).

Well, I think u can downgrade some AI cars (Zexel Skyline etc) and delete AI, that have more power than it available in some races. For example, GT40 at the Rome or W8 at the Red Rock (Mid-engine race).
You really need to read through the previous pages, because he already explained that he's not changing the GT40 more than once.

One quick thing I sorted out a couple of days ago: the Venturi 400 is incorrectly set up as a supercharged car instead of turbo, so it has no turbo sounds, no intercooler upgrades, and only one very weak turbo kit. The first two will be fixed as bugs by the Light version, but for the Complete version I've also added two more turbo kits to bring the power up from 483ps in the vanilla game to a much more competitive 642ps.

venturi400turbos.png

This ends up being the same power level as the Venturi 300 when fully tuned, however the 400 is lighter and can be race modified, so it should be pretty high up the list of road cars in terms of performance. That's also why I kept it pegged back below 650ps - much further and it'd be well outside the bounds of normal modified road cars ingame.

hi pex2l,thats really nice finding though.. can you share with us the percentage of the next update??things really going to be even more interesting now..truely love thid thread.im sorry its been awhile now

Seems youtuber submaniac93 has discovered different rally physics for the japanese version of the game, which appear to be more challenging. Would it be possible to put them into the mod?

ey~

So as far as i'm aware (but we'll have to do some testing when possible), car physics are hardcoded and have been so far inaccessible. So likely not something we'll be able to port over, but it's not yet set in stone.

So, u can add a Racing Modificans for Mazda RX-7 GT-C, RM for the Ford GT40, Ford GT40 Mk3 (instead of GT40 race car) and BMW 323i Coupe as a Prize cars.

I have the following suggestion: the BMW 328Ci, 328i and 528i use the same engine in real life, but when you tune them in GT2 they all reach different HP (473 for the 328Ci, 370 for the 328i and 315 for the 528i). Can you make them all reach the 473 HP of the 328Ci? I know the engine power of the stock 528i have been fixed, but I don't know if the maximun power has been adjusted somehow.

Keep up the great work, looking forward to the next update.

can you share with us the percentage of the next update?

No, I don't keep track of that, and I don't have a fixed list of what I want to add in each version and what will be left for later versions.

Seems youtuber submaniac93 has discovered different rally physics for the japanese version of the game, which appear to be more challenging. Would it be possible to put them into the mod?

It looks like this is a difference in the tyre compounds, and nobody knows where in the game data they are. If it was ported to the other regions, it may need rally events and/or licenses to be rebalanced, which is a ton of work.

So, u can add a Racing Modificans for Mazda RX-7 GT-C, RM for the Ford GT40, Ford GT40 Mk3 (instead of GT40 race car) and BMW 323i Coupe as a Prize cars.

The RX7 and GT40 are just duplicates of the racecar bodies, the GT40 'Mk3' doesn't exist as it's just another duplicate, and the 323Ci is already in the game from day one with a RM.

I have the following suggestion: the BMW 328Ci, 328i and 528i use the same engine in real life, but when you tune them in GT2 they all reach different HP (473 for the 328Ci, 370 for the 328i and 315 for the 528i). Can you make them all reach the 473 HP of the 328Ci?

Yeah, there are quite a lot of cars like this. It's something I'd like to consider doing, but it'd be a huge amount of work to cover all of them so no promises.

No, I don't keep track of that, and I don't have a fixed list of what I want to add in each version and what will be left for later versions.

It looks like this is a difference in the tyre compounds, and nobody knows where in the game data they are. If it was ported to the other regions, it may need rally events and/or licenses to be rebalanced, which is a ton of work.

The RX7 and GT40 are just duplicates of the racecar bodies, the GT40 'Mk3' doesn't exist as it's just another duplicate, and the 323Ci is already in the game from day one with a RM.

Yeah, there are quite a lot of cars like this. It's something I'd like to consider doing, but it'd be a huge amount of work to cover all of them so no promises.
I mean BMW E36 323i

Hi. I have another idea. You can add:
1) Gold color of Renaul Clio Sport (based on demo)
2) Some car based on TannerD's or Submaniac's mods
3) CLK Race car's removed liveries (D20)
4) Old name and logo of Plymouth Muscle Car.

Thanks for your hard work on this project guys, I'm looking forward to the next update:

While you're at it, can you add all the newer cars and tracks from GT3 and 4???

Joking of course, what you guys are doing is brilliant :cheers:.

2) Some car based on TannerD's or Submaniac's mods
3) CLK Race car's removed liveries (D20)

Mods by other people can still be installed over the top of GT2+, I don't feel the need to integrate any and all third-party mods into mine.

As for the CLK Race Car, the CLK DTM 2000 concept from 1999 that it was based on doesn't have a livery. The D2-liveried DTM cars weren't racing until the series began in 2000, after GT2 was released.

Latest Posts

Back