[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,811 comments
@Masgel i forget if pez fixed the drivetrain of all the JGTC Skylines or not (they should be FR) , but if they're still 4WD i assume you're talking about the thing that affects all 4wd Skylines, which is random wheelspin.
PD made a pretty wonky pseudo ATTESA 4wd variant that's specific to all 4wd Skylines and it often doens't know when to be 4wd and when not to.

@submaniac93 I meant the random jittering of the revs and loss of power due to it. I wouldn't like to be the only one who experienced it. I wrote about it in my first post in this thread.

Well I ask because there are 5-10 cars minimum more to restore for unused content so I think in next versions will be possible until 2022-2023.... Same

One question which seems stupid but how many cars are really in GT2+ mod in total? The original GT2 is thought to have 620-630-cars... some say 650.... some say 600.... What is the true number? How many cars the plus mod truly added? How much cars we are reaching in current version of the mod counting what pezz added? 640 or 630?

Last edited by a moderator:
One question which seems stupid but how many cars are really in GT2+ mod in total? The original GT2 is thought to have 620-630-cars... some say 650.... some say 600.... What is the true number? How many cars the plus mod truly added? How much cars we are reaching in current version of the mod counting what pezz added? 640 or 630?

The retail PAL disc has 628 cars on it, but not all of them are accessible. That also excludes bodies without any parts, many of which are just duplicates.

If you want to know how many cars this mod adds, that's literally what the change list in the first post of this thread is for.

Ah, which cars aren't accessible in PAL disc? Will you restore some of these inacessible cars or LM models from GT1?

another small tip will you fix spelling errors in text of cars or in menu as "high speed link" instead high speed ring?

Will you add Concept Car LM old model from GT1, Silvia LM Edition from GT1 as Impreza Rally car 96, Nismo GTR Limited Edition and such special models from Gran Turismo 1? Will you restore some inacessible cars from PAL and NTSC original game? With what you added and restored we have now about 633-635 cars depending on version... will you add in future versions other 5-7 cars at least including the LM cars from GT1 as the remaining gt2 hidden cars or inacessible you want to restore? We could reach 645-650 number in the final version of the mod after 2-3 years :)

what about the hidden Peugeot 206 GTi? in the game we got 206 S16 '99 only, will you restore peugeout 206 GTI which is in the disk but not accessible in game? Will you do the same for Toyota 2000 GT, Rex Turbocharger, restore cut racing modifications for few cars as RX-7 GTC '99, Lotus Elise (cut racing mods which never came in final version) as well as the hidden Opel Corsa, Vectra, hidden RUF's and the Limited Edition models from GT1 for what is possible to restore without passing the bodies limit? Can you do something for these cut stuff? Please restore it in next versions, if you can!

The mod is already past 650 cars, menus aren't easily editable yet, the 206 GTI and Subaru Rex don't exist, the Opel dealership is already accessible as you could see in the changelog... seriously, read the changelog, and search the thread. Virtually everything you're asking is either something I've answered many times before, or stuff that it sounds like you've made up on the spot. The more multi-post lists of demands you churn out without making a basic effort to see if the question's already been answered, the less likely I am to respond to any of your posts.

Here's the link of the video of all secret cars the game has, hidden or cut before release, I asked questions based to that particular clip, I didn't make up anything, these cars I mentioned exists they were cut at last moment, watch the video,

.............................. the link :)

take it easy. No need to be rude. ..... Read well before doing conclusions. I see changelog for many times and have the file of changelog in computer which I donwloaded, I even counted every single added car (excluding special colors cars only, I take into account only proper cars which were not before in GT2, and not just new colours of existing cars) but my question was which cars are inacessible in the 628-630 count you mentioned (depending on ver of the game) and which of these you restored because not all cars you added in changelog are only hidden inacessible cars in original games, but there are some new cars never made to GT2 which were cut before release and which before didn't existed at all. So, guessing are 628-630 in original game and not counting car present in game but hidden, as rally cars which were before available in arcade mode only, the new cars truly new to the game which WEREN'T in the retail disc ever are maybe 6-7 for what I see in changelog excluding rally arcade cars and cars you added which were in game files but not available to players, inacessible... so the number should be 635-638 (630 in files with rally and hidden cars adding 5-6 cars to that number it's 635...= counting all together you put on in the mod and all the cars present only in certain versions... what more than 650 are you mad? Do you know math? Hahahahahahahaha So how it could be 650 and past cars already if there are 12-13 cars added (not counting special color versions, just proper cars) it should be then 635-640 cars in the mod considering some of cars you added, where already in disk just not accessible? It's math jerk, did you ever went to school? You are ridicolous

you can't count special colours only cars, new rally cars you added to sim mode and opel/vauxhall and honda/acura duplicates because they are same car only with two different names..... Easy too count all of that and say more than 650 cars... honda integra type r and acura integra type r while now available both it doesn't change anything beetween the two.... it's no sense count duplicates with only different name, cause it's the same car. It's easy man.... Counting that some cars you added (excluding rally cars) were already in game files but only not acessible... so it remains 6-7 TRULY new cars to the game to now.... so 628 PAL with 6 new cars it's 635-636 cars total, and NTSC US probably 640..... It's not 650

I personally wouldn't count all vauxhall duplicates of opel same for acura and honda, as I don't count rally cars which were already before in the disc in arcade mode... so with 8 cars added excluding clk and hidden polo.... how could be 628+7=635 and not 650.... Learn math

Pezz I love you, can I marry you?

I actually wonder how hard it would be to edit the music and/or load in some external XA music pack.

Five in-race songs gets old especially when Fatboy Slim is 60% likely to play each race, #LMAO

take it easy. No need to be rude.
Honestly, his response is quite reasonable since you seem to be ignoring parts of his changelog that explain what cars that are no longer hidden in GT2 after his mod.

I see changelog for many times and have the file of changelog in computer which I donwloaded,

You claim that you did that, but still ask about these:
Will you do the same for Toyota 2000 GT, Rex Turbocharger, restore cut racing modifications for few cars as RX-7 GTC '99, Lotus Elise (cut racing mods which never came in final version) as well as the hidden Opel Corsa, Vectra, hidden RUF's and the Limited Edition models from GT1 for what is possible to restore without passing the bodies limit? Can you do something for these cut stuff?

I know for sure that he explained what cars he restored in the changelog (including some of those Hidden Rufs and the Vauxhalls/Opels) and he answered the question regarding LM Edition cars from GT1 already. It's still the same answer as before, none of the models from GT1 can be brought over to GT2. Some of them can be recreated in GT2 by editing existing cars, but that's it.

but my question was which cars are inacessible in the 628-630 count you mentioned (depending on ver of the game) and which of these you restored because not all cars you added in changelog are only hidden inacessible cars in original games
That should be clear from reading the changelog, the cars restored/added plus all of the other cars playable in vanilla GT2. Those are the playable ones. Anything not mentioned would clearly be the ones still not playable without cheats.

Also, you really shouldn't multi-post like this. Not within such a short period of time. Just edit your original comment instead.

Only double post if you have new, significant information to share.

Hahahahahahahaha So how it could be 650 and past cars already if there are 12-13 cars added (not counting special color versions, just proper cars) it should be then 635-640 cars in the mod considering some of cars you added
and there's another mistake you've made. The special colored cars are part of the total car count. Just like how they're treated as separate cars in Gran Turismo 1 & 3. It's like how Polyphony Digital themselves have treated different racing liveries of the same cars as separate cars.

Last edited:
Can someone please teach me how to apply the xdelta patches on Linux? While there exist more than enough graphical frontends for xdelta on Windows, I can't get those to run properly on Wine.

@MadMax97 whichever way you decide to count cars doesn't change how the game counts cars.
Pez restored cars which had either a finished body, or specs in GT2 and its demos with an existing body that could be used.

Each vehicle in gt2 counts towards the total count. The game has a hardcoded body limit. Special colored cars are their own entities, not special colors added to the normal variant and therefore have their own body. That hidden paint function arrived with GT4.

You're really pushing it by asking so many things that have been answered, and you're completely disrespecting the creator of the mod at this point.

We have to remember @MadMax97 that @pez2k is doing this in his own time for free, he isn't making a profit. It's his work and what's he's done so far is really good. Yes I'm sure we'd all love to find a way to import an extra 2000 cars, an extra 30 tracks and create custom events, but it's not that simple to add one new car let alone any of the other stuff.

If it were simple I'd be giving it a shot myself, but it's beyond my current ability and time so I applaud @pez2k for what his doing for my benefit and the benefit of everyone else who is interested.

Ok Ok, sorry I was in a bad mood and I haven't checked myself and I and I was in a hurry and ignored certain previous answers

Thank you Randomcarguy for informations, I didn't know the game counted even special colours car, my fault sorry... I couldn't know it before I'm not the developer of the game, but thanks for the clarification, you are right pardon If I pushed and annoyed pezz too much. I was just excited by the good work pezz did (I recognize it's already a great mod) and was curious to see more stuff simply because my dream was always "What if GT2 wasn't rushed and get complete and released in Mid 2000 instead of Late 99'" that's why I am supporting GT2+ I only did requests because I wanted to give stimulation to the creator to push it as possible and make the game more rich as possible, but as you already said some things are not possible due to hardcodded limits and what is impossible to achieve which pezz2k already said :).

Sometimes I'm Impulsive and impatient so I don't even check stuff carefully and want all everything immediately. Which is very bad, I will control myself and read more carefuly next time. The only thing confused me was the difference beetween "restored car" and "added based on cut content" my connection was only that in the log pezz mean "restored" as hidden cars that he made accessible with the version of the mod but they were already on retail GT2 disc, and cut content as a car introduced which wasn't in the game because cut before release. That was my ONLY doubt I had about it. That's all. But now is more clear.... Take into account that english is not mother tongue for me then so I misunderstood some words and the context because I am Italian and when I write on keyboard while writing english I think in Italian. Understand?

Next time I will check more attention to messages and to requests already made, as to logs and changes made by the creator :)
I hope you are not offended.

Cheers and good luck for the project! :)

I actually wonder how hard it would be to edit the music and/or load in some external XA music pack.

The music can be replaced, but the track lengths are hardcoded, so unless you match them music will start in the middle of a track and / or cut off before the end.

Can someone please teach me how to apply the xdelta patches on Linux? While there exist more than enough graphical frontends for xdelta on Windows, I can't get those to run properly on Wine.

I don't run Linux day-to-day myself and I don't know which distro you're using, but one of the first results on Google for 'xdelta linux' is below:
https://github.com/Nhoya/YADP

The only thing confused me was the difference beetween "restored car" and "added based on cut content" my connection was only that in the log pezz mean "restored" as hidden cars that he made accessible with the version of the mod but they were already on retail GT2 disc, and cut content as a car introduced which wasn't in the game because cut before release.

Everything in the mod is based on some sort of cut or unfinished content, because the point of it is to restore these things. Cars listed as 'restored' are those which were complete enough to be drivable, where I've just fixed bugs with them and made them available, whereas cars listed as 'added' needed substantial parts of them to be created from scratch.

For example, the Ruf CR4 had a model and textures, but I had to make all of the physics and upgrades for it. As another example, the WRX STi v3 Special Colour had only a basic colour palette usable from GT1, which I had to remake to work with the GT2 textures, then add the model, logo, physics, and upgrades based on GT2's WRX STi.

The Special Colour cars, the D-Rights license cars and the Arcade rally cars all needed a lot of work to make, as much as any other car, and they're deliberately as similar as possible to the original cars, so it's good that they do look like duplicates of what was already there.

For reference too, the 628 number for PAL already includes the Vauxhall / Opel and Acura cars, multiple virtually identical variants of Skyline GT-R and Eunos Roadster, JGTC cars in different liveries, Esso / Exxon versions of the Peugeots / Toyotas, the CLK Race Car, and so on, as they're all functioning cars on the disc. I don't count any of those as being added by the mod.

Next time I will check more attention to messages and to requests already made, as to logs and changes made by the creator :)
I hope you are not offended.

I had written a more scathing response, but I've removed it as you were kind enough to apologise. I'm not offended, but thanks for the apology.

Last edited:
I was just excited by the good work pezz did (I recognize it's already a great mod) and was curious to see more stuff simply because my dream was always "What if GT2 wasn't rushed and get complete and released in Mid 2000 instead of Late 99'" that's why I am supporting GT2+ I only did requests because I wanted to give stimulation to the creator to push it as possible and make the game more rich as possible
and I get that. I wanted to see a "what if GT2 wasn't rushed" aswell. However, asking him questions and "pushing" him like this isn't going to help. Especially when you asked questions that have been explained already in the past. It just sounds more annoying than helpful.

Sometimes I'm Impulsive and impatient so I don't even check stuff carefully and want all everything immediately. Which is very bad, I will control myself and read more carefuly next time.
Yup, I can see that. Which is why I tell you to just wait. It's honestly more helpful to a creator sometimes if you do not push instead. Just leave him alone unless you have questions that have not asked yet.

The music can be replaced, but the track lengths are hardcoded, so unless you match them music will start in the middle of a track and / or cut off before the end.

Oh, so it's the same coding dumpster fire as games like Ridge Racer where one can pop in their own music CD but it still only works if the track lengths and track list length match up. Go figure. lolz :lol:

Re-coding that would likely be a nightmare. I know coding nightmares all too well. Don't you laugh at me, RUBY...

Well, as I understood change music is obviously not the goal of the mod, it would be nice maybe if someone volounteer does a music pack a part for this project just to help the creators of the mod, and make it possible to install in future, not pushing pezz just I speculating if someone other of the people are woriking on the mod, or someone who don't work for GT2+ but that maybe knows how to do it as a small add-on where you put together PAL and NTSC US soundtrack keeping both, and whoever is interested can install it both for the original game or both for GT2+ mod so that is compatible with both. I could help whoever have the interest to do it, it's no problem for me... So we can do it even though soundtrack is not vital to the game, I personally as many people disable music and just hear sounds of engines, tyres etc. But of course, I understand many like to hear music so it would be a pleasure for such people with such tastes, merging PAL soundtrack with US soundtrack so we can hear in GT2+ tracks of european as american version and maybe some japanese, would be super cool.
it would be productive and exhaustive as an aid for pezz who is already working on the mod and is doing a very good job, in doing so we give him some help so he thinks about the mod and fixes and he focus on the gameplay and content, while we focus on music (whoever want to do it) isn't that a bad idea? It requires work but if 2-3 people here in forum who knows something about including me can do a small music pack to add into original GT2 or even plus mod GT2. Just my idea, to clarify :)

But of course maybe as a part project if someone has the time and want can do that, I did music packs for other games not PS1 games but PC games, if someone want to change something in soundtrack files. then I could help maybe :)

Edit: Track lenght are hardcodded I guess.... sorry for the 2nd post how Can I delete the other message to prevent spam? Sorry I'm new to this forum could someone delete second message I edited all in first comment to prevent spam

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
@noga what ? Where did you get this idea ?
Tracks aren't understood enough to make any major changes, a'd even if theybwere understood, there's no way i think we'd be able to make the nür with it's sheer size
The talk above was for music tracks, not race tracks, if that's what you thought.

Will there be plans to draw nurburgring??

PD wanted to have the circuit ever since GT1. I believe it would of taken out four or five circuits to have it before GT2000...(a large chunk of data!)
(or whichever iteration first included it since I've no experience with GT2000 or GT3)

Like, we'd be good to get SSR11. Or, like, alternate versions of circuits like Rome, Seattle, and CSR5.
(I mean the parts where the extensions of the base circuits are connected to make an interesting circuit Like Rome West, CSR3 and Seattle East)

(won't let me upload in edit-forums needs a fix)

This is Seattle Circuit East, good luck with the rollercoaster hills, lolz
Seattle Circuit.png

This is Rome Circuit West, very short and technical.
Rome Circuit West.png

Next we have CSR3, another short and technical circuit.
CSR3.png

Lastly, Autumn Ring GT, it takes the long curve that is normally part of the Mini/Short variant and skips a large portion of the circuit for a faster, less technical run.
Autumn Ring GT.png

(all of this was done via PDN)

Last edited:
PD wanted to have the circuit ever since GT1. I believe it would of taken out four or five circuits to have it before GT2000...(a large chunk of data!)

It's not about the amount of data, it's about the area that the track covers. Games have to track the player's position, and those numbers get bigger the further they are from the centre point of the track, and/or the further around the lap they are. The units used have to be small enough that the car doesn't jump from one value to the next, so for a very long track the position values become huge. Some games suffer a loss of precision of car position on tracks the size of the Nurburgring or larger, and some simply can't fit values large enough.

As an example of this in action, the classic Grand Prix Legends was built with the Nurburgring in mind, but still needed a ton of hacking to support the 45-mile Targa Florio circuit as a mod as its distance limits were far exceeded when the player was 10+ miles from the centre of the track.

So, in essence, it is still a large chunk of data, just in a different form. If we had Nurburgring in GT1, I'm damn sure that Hi-Fi GT would of not been a thing, since (as I recall) each of the three Hi-Fi circuits were actually a total of six, split off into entities for Arcade and GT modes.

So, in essence, it is still a large chunk of data, just in a different form.

No, it's just single values in memory, but those values have a maximum practical value.

Neither GT1 nor GT2 has any problem with disc space - the only reason GT2 is on two discs is because the Arcade intro video takes up too much space to fit on the same disc as five localised sets of GT Mode menus (for PAL's five languages). Because of that split, there's a ton of free space, which is why it wasn't a big deal that a ton of unused car and track models were left lying around in the final build.

So, I am actually curious if circuit mods like the aforementioned ones (with layout maps! lolz) would even be feasible...

Or if I am just being silly... :lol: :mischievous:

Back