[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,813 comments
Haha yeah no they're on the CSGT :P and you win it at the Apricot Hill race, European League in the GT League.
I just tested the actual race once and got the white/blue color so it works ^^

Like I said i used cheating via Cheat Engine to spawn the car in. It's a quick way for me to make sure it at least shows up right.

Like I said i used cheating via Cheat Engine to spawn the car in. It's a quick way for me to make sure it at least shows up right.
oh well, i never used cheat engine in that case, thought, the pec is the most used one, shesh, now i have to learn to mod with CE

You do't have to. PEC works fine, but it's more limited than CE in term of what you can do. It also can do things that CE has more trouble with, like cheats that need to change multiple addresses at once. CE's just much more powerful overall.

Would it ever be possible to choose the color of your prize car. That's one thing that always bothered me, especially on endurance races.

You can't, no. The game only has the prize car ID (that 2 part value you would enter in a body-modifier code) and awards you the corresponding car, in any random color it can have. The only way to have only a specific color appear as a drop is to have that color be its own car and award that. you can see how absolutely impossible that would be in terms of game size if you need to separate each car into each of its colors. We're talking from 620 to over 5000 here.

https://files.fm/u/86dvk47t got myself some extra codes for the US 1.0 , i looooooooooove the autopilot recreation :D ( and translating to pal went wrong with autopilot --> Nothing happens )

Dunno how I missed that yesterday but, @JB5_Bluestone that's because the translator tool can only work on hybrid addresses and money code as far as i'm aware due to those being in fixed positions in the memory relative to each other. However, other areas (like, data that are in other files) may move around due to those files not having the exact same data, or size, than the ones in other regions of the game. Therefore the offset at which the translator goes to becomes wrong. Auto Pilot is one of those.

This is PAL's auto pilot code
"Autopilot (Alternate) (PAL)
800A9B40 ????
&choice
$0000 Player control
$0200 AI control

Back to this point, I've pulled apart the Arcade data tonight and it's a pretty boring outcome - they're just the stock cars with standard upgrades. For example, the following build in GT mode is an exact replica of the Familia Rally Car other than the name:
Familia GT-R '92
Racing Modification
Chip
Engine Balancing
Port Polishing
Race Exhaust
Race Intercooler
Turbo Kit Stage 2
Racing Hard Tyres

No transmission or suspension upgrades, just a RM, slicks, and some power parts. The equipped upgrades are identical in stats to GT mode too.
You know, I came to a very similar conclusion on these cars about 6 years ago, but I was never 100% certain about it, some of them I wasn't even sure which car to use. You think maybe you can get a read out of all the arcade mode rally cars please? I would very much like to know what parts they all use and what cars they apply to because I have always wanted to accurately recreate them.

i love the 1.0 but this races make no sense.... a normal race... usual cars aaaaaaaaand One vector LM -_-

or the laguna seca 200 miles, all racecars, exept one usual viper.. or the All night with an ford in it -_-

if you would be able to ever patch that out, dude... a game like no other

THat's pached already. Or should I say it will be, as it comes with the v1.1 ad v1.2 fixes that Pez will include on his mod. Basicaly any version you'll apply his patch once they're available will update the game to 1.2 with additional fixes.

THat's pached already. Or should I say it will be, as it comes with the v1.1 ad v1.2 fixes that Pez will include on his mod. Basicaly any version you'll apply his patch once they're available will update the game to 1.2 with additional fixes.
well, guess i have to rewrite my cheatlist... dang it

Not all codes will become invalid. We'll need some testing beforehand. But there might be a little need for some changes.

what even is this car? listed as "No Name No Name" in 1.0, has no name as you can see, you can drive it but only in 1.0, if you select it and go to the car selector, everything goes crazy with icons and letters, aaaaaaaaaand its "green" as you can see :D so, what is it? it says mazda on the side but.. idk what it is or where it came from either

edit: it crashed EPSXE android

Attachments

• Mazda Something.jpg
    Mazda Something.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
That looks like one of the symptoms of the garage corruption bug in JP 1.0 and US 1.0. I can't patch that sort of thing with GT2+, which is why any version for US GT2 will convert it to 1.2, in which Polyphony had already fixed the bug.

That looks like one of the symptoms of the garage corruption bug in JP 1.0 and US 1.0. I can't patch that sort of thing with GT2+, which is why any version for US GT2 will convert it to 1.2, in which Polyphony had already fixed the bug.
is it possible to make the npc cars sound like as if the player controld them? i mean, to make them sound as they are not the stock npc sound which is always the same exept touring cars ??

lol, ffs why they put a different color on the US 1.0 than the pal? xD

Attachments

• break-dance-no1-26dcc1ed-7256-487b-837b-7e7bdc8a185f.jpg
    break-dance-no1-26dcc1ed-7256-487b-837b-7e7bdc8a185f.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 126
That bottom one looks like Submaniac's mod to correct the colour, which is included in GT2+. As far as I'm aware the car is identical in all unmodified retail versions of the game.

That bottom one looks like Submaniac's mod to correct the colour, which is included in GT2+. As far as I'm aware the car is identical in all unmodified retail versions of the game.
well, top one is US 1.0 and bottom one is pal soo.. idk. but i like the bottom one better

I'll say thanks because that is my mod in PAL :P
All regions have the same purple-ish color on the Impreza. the 22B has a similar treatment where I recolored it.
As for car sounds right now (and possibly for ever) it's not possible because that seems to be hardcoded into the game for AI to use one of 2 sounds depending on if they're equipped with a Turbo or not.
The only reason why i'm saying "right now" is because we don't know how far we can push modding. But as of today it's 100% not possible.

.......................i forgot i used the patched version............. dang it :D
I'll say thanks because that is my mod in PAL :P
All regions have the same purple-ish color on the Impreza. the 22B has a similar treatment where I recolored it.
As for car sounds right now (and possibly for ever) it's not possible because that seems to be hardcoded into the game for AI to use one of 2 sounds depending on if they're equipped with a Turbo or not.
The only reason why i'm saying "right now" is because we don't know how far we can push modding. But as of today it's 100% not possible.

Is it possible to remove the rubber Banding in Simulation Mode?? It seems to have an option in Arcade Mode.
Thanks for your work so far

I believe this setting had to do with multiplayer where if you were bahind your friend, you got power boost or something

No it's not don't worry. But there hasn't been a lot of progress so far. However what we've been doing might mean something relatively major might happen in a future patch. Has to do with GT1.

Back