[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,811 comments
Higher fps will mess up every pre-recorded/previously saved replays because the recorded inputs will be played at twice the speed.
As for the slowdowns, you need to use an emulator that can overclock the cpu speed of the ps1, otherwise you'll have it play similarly to how a real ps1 would, and it definitely can't do 50/60fps lol

This code is weird. I tried it on the US version, the car goes slowly like slow motion. And in rally races, the rival generally turns around and goes in the opposite direction.

I remember trying out these 60FPS codes with the same result.. the game just ran at half speed. I assumed at the time that the videos that I've seen on YT were just played at 2x speed, thus giving the impression of 60FPS gameplay. Never thought of overclocking the emulated console and gave up. Now I'm too lazy to even try again. Tried some of thess codes again a couple of days ago on RetroArch but I suppose they were not working for GT2+ (also was too lazy to even try them with the og GT2 to see if they were even working in the first place)

80T
Haven't tried with the licenses yet, but I would assume that it's the same as with the races.
I'd assume as such. Haven't tried any races but with the licenses I saved a state right before golding the final test but I kept getting the same color. I want the new white GTO LM from International C.

I'd assume as such. Haven't tried any races but with the licenses I saved a state right before golding the final test but I kept getting the same color. I want the new white GTO LM from International C.

I believe that you are looking for the wrong event/car.

License Tests:
B: Spoon S2000 (J) (6 colors: black, white, red, blue, yellow, silver)
A: Concept Car (1 color: red)
IC: [R]3000GT LM Edition (2 colors: yellow, silver)
IB: [R]del Sol LM Edition (2 colors: black, red)
IA: [R]FTO LM Edition (2 colors: black, green)
Super: [R]GT-ONE Race Car '99 (1 color: red)

Laguna Seca 200 Miles:
[R]Celica Rally Car (1 color: white with striping)
[R]3000GT LM Edition '99 (2 colors: white, aqua)

Here's the source list of the events and prize cars that I've "quoted" above:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/prize-and-used-cars-colors.37098/

I did the 200 Miles and loaded the save-state until I've got the White [R]3000GT LM Edition '99 [NTSC] 1.2
The I-C License gave me the yellow [R]3000GT LM Edition which I was happy with from the start [NTSC] 1.2

80T
I believe that you are looking for the wrong event/car.

License Tests:
B: Spoon S2000 (J) (6 colors: black, white, red, blue, yellow, silver)
A: Concept Car (1 color: red)
IC: [R]3000GT LM Edition (2 colors: yellow, silver)
IB: [R]del Sol LM Edition (2 colors: black, red)
IA: [R]FTO LM Edition (2 colors: black, green)
Super: [R]GT-ONE Race Car '99 (1 color: red)

Laguna Seca 200 Miles:
[R]Celica Rally Car (1 color: white with striping)
[R]3000GT LM Edition '99 (2 colors: white, aqua)

Here's the source list of the events and prize cars that I've "quoted" above:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/prize-and-used-cars-colors.37098/

I did the 200 Miles and loaded the save-state until I've got the White [R]3000GT LM Edition '99 [NTSC] 1.2
The I-C License gave me the yellow [R]3000GT LM Edition which I was happy with from the start [NTSC] 1.2
No, it says in the OP that this mod restores a color for the GTO LM from the GT1 prereleases that didn't make it to the final product, and the GTO/3000GT LM you get as a license prize is the one from International C is the one from the first game; the '99 is a different model. If you go to the "Racing Modification" section with the license prize model you can view all the colors and there's a third one not in the vanilla game.

No, it says in the OP that this mod restores a color for the GTO LM from the GT1 prereleases that didn't make it to the final product, and the GTO/3000GT LM you get as a license prize is the one from International C is the one from the first game; the '99 is a different model. If you go to the "Racing Modification" section with the license prize model you can view all the colors and there's a third one not in the vanilla game.
There was no white GTO LM in GT1, it was yellow or silver/grey. The White GTO LM you mentioned earlier is won in the endurance race.

Jump to 12 mins to see the added colour:

Last edited:
GT2+ adds in GT1 beta's light silver on the GTO LM 97, that's the color mentioned. Colors are awarded randomly. As long as the color is properly entered in the database (which i'm failry sure pez did correctly) it's possible to get it. Either way, you will get it at some point, or you're gonna have to look for a buy any car code.

To quote the changelog that's in the first post of this thread
"Mitsubishi GTO LM Edition: Restored silver colour from GT1 pre-releases."

Last edited:
GT2+ adds in GT1 beta's light silver on the GTO LM 97, that's the color mentioned. Colors are awarded randomly. As long as the color is properly entered in the database (which i'm failry sure pez did correctly) it's possible to get it. Either way, you will get it at some point, or you're gonna have to look for a buy any car code.

To quote the changelog that's in the first post of this thread
"Mitsubishi GTO LM Edition: Restored silver colour from GT1 pre-releases."
That's exactly the car I mean. For some reason in multiple I-C gold runs (yes, really) I've never been able to get that color. I've also tried save states but that hasn't been fruitful.

Hmm.. looking through the change-log it says: "Mitsubishi GTO LM Edition: Restored silver colour from GT1 pre-releases." which I didn't knew was a thing and looks like it's just about the one in the video posted by Dave A at minute 12. So I guess there's a 3rd color that I didn't even knew existed (not even in GT1) but looks white enough to be confused with the white '99 GTO. Idk, maybe the prize car/color spawn does not include this new color for the standard GTO.. ? Or maybe it's just about luck and random chance and you've just not been lucky yet to get the white one.. just as I gave up trying to get the blue/grey Cerbera LM.. Or maybe "random chance" isn't all that random and might be buggy in emulators.. who knows.. I'd like that silver GTO myself now that I know of it. Maybe someone has the specific colors of some of these cars and we could trade/buy cars from one another ?
I'd like the Silver GTO LM, the red Del Sol LM and the Green FTO LM just to begin with..

80T
Hmm.. looking through the change-log it says: "Mitsubishi GTO LM Edition: Restored silver colour from GT1 pre-releases." which I didn't knew was a thing and looks like it's just about the one in the video posted by Dave A at minute 12. So I guess there's a 3rd color that I didn't even knew existed (not even in GT1) but looks white enough to be confused with the white '99 GTO. Idk, maybe the prize car/color spawn does not include this new color for the standard GTO.. ? Or maybe it's just about luck and random chance and you've just not been lucky yet to get the white one.. just as I gave up trying to get the blue/grey Cerbera LM.. Or maybe "random chance" isn't all that random and might be buggy in emulators.. who knows.. I'd like that silver GTO myself now that I know of it. Maybe someone has the specific colors of some of these cars and we could trade/buy cars from one another ?
I'd like the Silver GTO LM, the red Del Sol LM and the Green FTO LM just to begin with..
Not sure if something is buggy or not. I am using an emulator though. As far as the del Sol LM I want the red one too. For the FTO I don't care as much. I have a vanilla GT2 all golds save with the black one but I don't mind the green either.

80T
Hmm.. looking through the change-log it says: "Mitsubishi GTO LM Edition: Restored silver colour from GT1 pre-releases." which I didn't knew was a thing and looks like it's just about the one in the video posted by Dave A at minute 12. So I guess there's a 3rd color that I didn't even knew existed (not even in GT1)

Yeah, as it says, it's from pre-release versions of GT1. It didn't make it to the main game, like the pink RX-7 A-spec LM - PD trimmed all of the racecars down to two colours each for release.

Yeah, as it says, it's from pre-release versions of GT1. It didn't make it to the main game, like the pink RX-7 A-spec LM - PD trimmed all of the racecars down to two colours each for release.

That makes sense now (apparently "pre-releases" escaped my reading.. )
So does this mean that we can win these newly added colors just the same as the regular content, no difference whatsoever ?

80T
That makes sense now (apparently "pre-releases" escaped my reading.. )
So does this mean that we can win these newly added colors just the same as the regular content, no difference whatsoever ?
I'd assume so. I'm just having trouble getting the extra GTO LM color.

I'd assume so. I'm just having trouble getting the extra GTO LM color.

Come to think of it now.. haven't give it too much thought before, but even when trying to win a specific car+color where there's more than one car to be won in an event, (usually one of the cars only has one color that you could win) I was winning one or the other car indeed, but the one with more than one color I would always win one color and that was it.. Every time I would just give up as I wasn't so specific about those cars colors. Well, I kinda was for the Cerbera LM but it took way too many reloads, thus I gave up on that and the most important one, the white '99 GTO LM I've got it first try by chance.. so I've just left it at that. I really wonder if the random chance really is random and works well with emulators.. Last time I've tried GT2 (the og one, as I didn't knew of GT2+) I was only getting the Celica at the 200 Miles Laguna Seca and no '99 GTO LM..

Thus far, if I were to make a quick list.. I have tried reloading states on races and couldn't win / gave up trying to get:
Cerbera LM Edition blue/grey - only got the purple/grey & green/grey
Impreza Rally Car '96 red - only getting the blue one or the other car
Altezza LM Edition white - only getting grey or yellow

It appears that no matter how muck I try, I'm always getting only 2 options - either two colors of the prize car, or if two prize cars, either one or the other but the one in multiple colors only gets one color.. So always just between two options.

80T
Come to think of it now.. haven't give it too much thought before, but even when trying to win a specific car+color where there's more than one car to be won in an event, (usually one of the cars only has one color that you could win) I was winning one or the other car indeed, but the one with more than one color I would always win one color and that was it.. Every time I would just give up as I wasn't so specific about those cars colors. Well, I kinda was for the Cerbera LM but it took way too many reloads, thus I gave up on that and the most important one, the white '99 GTO LM I've got it first try by chance.. so I've just left it at that. I really wonder if the random chance really is random and works well with emulators.. Last time I've tried GT2 (the og one, as I didn't knew of GT2+) I was only getting the Celica at the 200 Miles Laguna Seca and no '99 GTO LM..

Thus far, if I were to make a quick list.. I have tried reloading states on races and couldn't win / gave up trying to get:
Cerbera LM Edition blue/grey - only got the purple/grey & green/grey
Impreza Rally Car '96 red - only getting the blue one or the other car
Altezza LM Edition white - only getting grey or yellow

It appears that no matter how muck I try, I'm always getting only 2 options - either two colors of the prize car, or if two prize cars, either one or the other but the one in multiple colors only gets one color.. So always just between two options.
Except the GTO LM I was looking for was not the '99, it was the license prize one because that's the one they added an extra color scheme too.

I actually got that light silver GTO LM myself (this is from version 4.1)
upload_2021-2-3_0-58-25.png

Here's the white '99 version for comparison:
upload_2021-2-3_1-2-11.png

Hello everyone, forgive me if I write something wrong since I do it from the translator. I have GT2 Plus installed on my PSP 1004 and I have the same problems indicated above in the forum. I really want to try it and be able to play the best GT (for me) in my spare time when I'm away. Will an update be possible to work on psp? Thank you!

Is the mod still being worked on? What about the beta BMW coupe and Audi wagon? I was just remembering them right now.

It is, yeah, I just haven't had a lot of free time lately and there's not been much to show as some of the work has been tooling-related. The E36 and A4 Avant both need some level of modelling work that's slightly beyond what's feasible right now.

Car Color is selected when you enter the license test.

So if you started with IC1 the color has been picked, if you want to get a specific color, make a safe state, gold the last test required(can be any so best save the easier tests to it(Such as IC-5 which is cornering on RRV or IC3 multiple corners open, IC4 can go to hell with its blind version(IC4 drove me insane, along with GT3 IB6) see what color you get, if it is not the color you want, exit the license test, enter back in and try again.

Last edited:
It is, yeah, I just haven't had a lot of free time lately and there's not been much to show as some of the work has been tooling-related. The E36 and A4 Avant both need some level of modelling work that's slightly beyond what's feasible right now.
They seemed pretty complete. What's the modelling that's required? The Audi had some reflections missing, that I remember. Is that not possible to add right now?

They seemed pretty complete. What's the modelling that's required? The Audi had some reflections missing, that I remember. Is that not possible to add right now?

Exactly that, yeah - nobody knows how the reflections work and nobody is currently actively researching it as far as I'm aware.

Back