[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,811 comments
ohhhhh that mean cars and tracks and stuff is coming?

I'm mainly looking at GT1 out of curiosity, and as a bit of a break from GT2 since I've been working on that for eleven months straight at this point. The next version of GT2+ will at least include more of the special colour cars from GT1, but I wouldn't expect anything spectacular.

I've not looked at tracks at all and don't have any plans to - as mentioned above SSR11 is the only one that didn't return in GT2 anyway.

I have both Simulation Disc 1.1 and Simulation disc 1.2 of Gran turismo 2. As well as Gran turismo mode disc version. How can apply this xdelta patch and where I can get download links for them.

There are Japanese Sports Cars who are advertised as 276 BHP, but actually they don't have 276 BHP. I saw that the following Japanese Sports Cars have more than 280bhp...

Honda NSX Type R '92: 284 BHP;
Mazda RX-7 Type RS [FD] '98: 291 BHP;
Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo '98: 318 BHP;
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution II GSR '94: 262 BHP;
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III GSR '95: 265 BHP;
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR '96: 273 BHP;
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V GSR '98: 306 BHP
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR '99: 306 BHP
Nissan Skyline GT-R [R32] V-Spec II '94: 306 BHP;
Nissan Skyline GT-R [R33] V-Spec II '97: 319 BHP;
Nissan Skyline GT-R [R34] '99: 336 BHP;
Subaru Impreza Coupe STi type R Version '98: 289 BHP;
Subaru Impreza WRX STi '94: 266 BHP;
Toyota Supra RZ '97: 325 BHP;
Toyota Supra Turbo '88: 266 BHP

So I think that the BHP Power Value needs to be corrected. And also, the WRC Rally Cars Power also need to be corrected, as they aren't son't have +400 BHP, but 295 BHP in real life.

@Harsk100 that's because the dealerships show the claimed power that was officially announced by manufacturers under the Gentleman's agreement that was applied back then. While power elsewhere is calculated through a very complex set of variables (i've been told over 1000 parameters by Adeyblue) form the torque curve of the car, hence the difference. The fact that the rally cars make 400+ hp is because of their torque values which are much higher than what an actual road going 300hp car would have.

Last edited:
There are Japanese Sports Cars who are advertised as 276 BHP, but actually they don't have 276 BHP.
And also, the WRC Rally Cars Power also need to be corrected, as they aren't son't have +400 BHP, but 295 BHP in real life.

As mentioned above, Japanese manufacturers deliberately did not advertise anything higher than 280PS in the home market until the late 2000s. The differing numbers in the showroom are PD's way of reflecting this - the showroom is what the brochures would quote as the power, the garage is more like what the cars actually made.

Most of the racecars have somewhat dubious power figures - I presume PD's intent was to make a guess at what they'd output without the race-mandated air restrictors. Air restrictors cause the power curve to completely flatten off at the intended value (around 300bhp for that era of WRC). As a result, WRC engines were designed to make that 300bhp figure for as close to the entire rev range as possible. This means that unrestricted they'd make a lot more power with a natural power curve.

If I was going down that route, the GT300 and GT500 cars should be restricted to around 300PS and 500PS respectively, at which point I'd be reworking a whole ton of cars and the opponent setups that use them, with no concrete data on what they actually made. I'm trying not to make guesses on any physics changes as it's unlikely that my guesses now are any better informed than PD's guesses in 1998.

Once mesh conversion to the format GT2 uses is possible, sure. Until then only model porting from the demos and slight modifications of existing models are doable.
Then I hope that is possible as soon as possible. Maybe also with own physics, upgrades and sounds

I have other questions...

- Is possible also to add new circuits like Suzuka?
- Restoring hidden circuits like Montecarlo?
- Is possible to add/restore more detailes for them? Like the ballons in Mid-Field Raceway from the demo versions or a finished version of Montecarlo?

No. Tracks are pretty much unexplored territory, but apart from porting demo tracks as they are, don't expect to be able to add to/make new tracks for the games. At best you can expect us to somehow port SSR11 from GT1 one day. But that'll be probably as much as we'll be bale to do.

I really hope we'll be able to import custom 3D for the cars though. It's a much simpler task than tracks and we also know about the format, so this is more likely a possibility, albeit still relatively small today. As for physics, nothing deep. However custom parts and default settings for those are definitely doable.

No new events. As for where to win the cars, where would be the fun if you knew all about it already? Just know that except License tests and Event Generator races can be made to award you with cars, up to 4 randomly chosen ;)
I will say that the places where they can be won is very easy to guess if you think about it a little.
One particular car you have 1 in 2 chances to get it if you look closely at the prize car list the default game has.

Is possible to add some new cars? Like a Renault Twingo or a Lancia 037?

Even once there is tooling for it, I'll probably not be adding entirely new cars to GT2+. Polyphony have a very consistent art style, and it'd be hard to create any completely new content that is authentic to their style. The goal of this mod is just to subtly fix and enhance the original game, so lots of new cars of varying levels of quality would undermine that.

Any new content will be along the lines of what's already been added - variants of existing content from the GT series. That doesn't stop people in the future from releasing new scratch-made cars as individual mods, I'm just not likely to include them.

Is possible to add/restore more detailes for them? Like the ballons in Mid-Field Raceway from the demo versions

That's an interesting one - I've not got any plans to touch the tracks any time soon, but that's a decent reason to do so.

Will possible to restore all of Acura/Honda and all of Opel/Vauxhall without changing languages and versions or using codes?
EDIT: Is restored the Shelby GT500KR? In the list of added this isn't
EDIT: Are fixed the unmodificable BMWs rims?

Last edited:
I would like to enable the Acura, Opel and Vauxhall dealerships in all languages, but it needs a lot of research into how to edit menus. It's already possible to add them as prize cars, and to remove the restriction that stops them from showing up as opponents, but to fully enable the brands is not yet within reach.

The GT500KR is identical to the GT500 in everything except the name, so there's no point in restoring it (nor the similar GT350 duplicate).

I've not been able to find where the restriction on swapping wheels for the BMWs comes from despite looking for it several times. It may just be something that hasn't been discovered yet, or may be hard-coded somewhere and not trivially editable.

And finally, is possible to add the exclusive variants of the NTSC-U version like the Lexus IS and Exxon cars?
EDIT: And the Castrol Mugen Accord, Arcade Rally Cars and RUF hidden models?

Last edited:
The Lexus IS200 is in the PAL version too. The Exxon racing modifications may be added as an alternate choice for each car that has one, but I won't be adding the Exxon racecars - to be honest once there's a US version of GT2+ I may replace the fictional Exxon cars in that version with the correct Esso liveries.

The Castrol Mugen Accord doesn't exist, there's just a nameplate. The unfinished Ruf models are just duplicate bodies and nameplates, nothing else. The Arcade mode rally cars have already been discussed in this thread - they're just the normal cars with basic upgrades.

Forn now these are the my last questions:
- Is the Subaru REX Superchargerged and Mercedes-Benz C-Class Touring Car nameplates?
- Is possible to restore the NTSC-U versions of 200SX and Primera (called Infiniti G20)?
- Is possible to restore the soft top Lotus Elise and Ford GT40 Mk.III?
- And the hidden racing modifications for MX-5 RS and VS and for the Ford Ka?

Yes, both the Rex and C-Class are just nameplates with no actual car.

The G20 and 240SX in the US release are just the Japanese Primera and Silvia with a different nameplate. I will be looking into restoring the Silvia and JP Primera alongside the 200SX and EU Primera long-term, but I can't yet add cars to the new car dealerships.

The Elise and GT40 are just unfinished versions of the cars ingame. I might do something with the Elise eventually, but the GT40 is just an unfinished MkI and not actually a MkIII.

The MX5 and Ka racing modifications are just duplicates of the existing ones.

Glitch report: I've played the Super Touring Car Championship and I won a TRD3000GT, but for some reason, in the color thumbnail there are the Mazda RX-7 LM A-Spec colors (Green, Blue and Purple), including the replay name. When you select the car, in blue and purple colors, the car don't have a body, resulting "invisible"

Photo proof:

When is blue or purple happen this

But when is green is fixed

In replays and result grid there is called [R] Mazda RX-7 LM A-Spec

Last edited:
Oh. Good find! @pez2k will probably look into fixing this. Any bug report is a good report, thanks ^^
You're welcome^^
PS: I won two of the added cars, the CLK and the Evo V with censored Winfield logo. You're right, it is simple to win these cars... I'm looking for for the Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 V-Spec N1 '99 now... It is a totally added car, right? In the "complete" changelog is written: "Secret: Added Nissan Skyline GT-R V spec N1 '99 as prize car" under "events" section
PPS: Is possible to use the your uncensored version of the Evo V Winfield in later releases? I saw a your video about this

Last edited:
Yeah that bug was reported earlier - I'll be looking into it for the next release.

I may or may not include submaniac's Winfield retexture in the future - he's offered it but I've not fully decided yet.

Color selection bug: I'm going to buy a Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG when I was chose the color I saw twice an unnamed green, the same green

This is the first. Is the third color from left

And this is the second. Now is the fifth color from left

As you can see, these colors haven't a name also

Last edited:
Back