[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,789 comments
That's not a bug - they're two slightly different colours from the pre-release versions of the game. They don't have names because none of the cut colours do - I've had to research and guess on colour names for any that do. I'll probably cut both green colours for the next version as I suspect they're not real.

About that, I found this image, which lists the available color choices for the E55 as well as for the lesser variants. the light green/blue was on the lesser ones.
354184d1296323165-w210-e55-colors-2002-colors-interiors.jpg

Oh huh. So it's not even the right shade of blue/green. Then I guess the greens are really made up or from an other model, because Everest Green is quite dark.

Huh. While typing this I suddenly remembered that back in the early 2000s, when I wasn't even 10, I used to have what I think is an E-class wagon in a color similar to Wedgewood, but greener. I wonder if I can fin an image of it/a similar one..
Can't find the model itself, but I did find the color I remember.
wagon+6.jpg

Edit: maybe we were looking too deep into this and it's simply a CLK color...
mercedes-benz-clk-first-generation.jpg

Last edited:
Event gltch: In the second race of the "Historical Car Cup", the race in Rome Full Circuit, still there the possibilty to find a Ford GT40 as opponent. Of course the car can't participate, because have more horsepower than the limit. The car have 305hp, the limit is 295hp

Event gltch: In the second race of the "Historical Car Cup", the race in Rome Full Circuit, still there the possibilty to find a Ford GT40 as opponent. Of course the car can't participate, because have more horsepower than the limit. The car have 305hp, the limit is 295hp
lol never thought about things like that loool, i hope we can patch such things too :DDDDDDDDD

That's not a bug, PD deliberately included that car as an opponent. As it's a famously challenging event but still legitimately beatable with several different cars, I've not changed it.

The 427 Vette that's above the HP limit in another race is also retained as that isn't a bug either. The actual opponent bugs like the 306 rally car in one of the Tuned Car races are fixed however.

Is possible to fix misspelling courses in race selection? For example "Autumn Ring" is "Autumn Link". And is possible to fix the drivetrain of the Tommy-kaira ZZ-II? In the game is a MR car, but the GT3+ (and real version) is a Mid-Engined 4WD, like some RUFs

Is possible to increase the garage space? With the new prize cars now is impossible to have all without two Memory Cards...

While it is possible to have more than 100 cars in the garage theoretically (i've done it in fact), you can't change it because what would be the 101st slot is filled with the money count and car counter, and the garage table only goes to 100 and won't show anything below the 100th car, so not happening.

While it is possible to have more than 100 cars in the garage theoretically (i've done it in fact), you can't change it because what would be the 101st slot is filled with the money count and car counter, and the garage table only goes to 100 and won't show anything below the 100th car, so not happening.
Really? How to do this? Is it similar to the Machine Test glitch?

No I copied and pasted with Cheat Engine 3 different cars data onto what would have been the 101, 102 and 103 slots. 101st was broken due to the money and car counter data, 102 and 103 were driveable but hard to select because you couldn't see their entries in the garage. It's not usable at all.

No I copied and pasted with Cheat Engine 3 different cars data onto what would have been the 101, 102 and 103 slots. 101st was broken due to the money and car counter data, 102 and 103 were driveable but hard to select because you couldn't see their entries in the garage. It's not usable at all.
somebody GOTTA get through this, i know we can do this!

Changing the memory area at which the game will store and read the garage owned car count and money would require to rewrite some of the game. That's just not possible by simple modding, so i'm 99.9% sure it'll never be a thing. Pez will probably say he same thing once he logs in here. I would be extremely surprised if he say it's possible.

Yup, I figured altering the garage data to function with more cars is not possible. It's a shame really as that 100 car limit was really not enough space, PD should've went for a 200 car limit. I know that you can just do that memory card trick to have different cars in both gamesaves, but that's not quite the same and switching game profiles just to drive different cars is kinda annoying.

Menus are not yet editable in any way.

The ZZ-II is not the same car as in later games - it's the original concept design which is completely different to the later design that was actually built.

I've always loved the original design more than the later ones. Looks like a mini McLaren F1 LM crossed with Saleen S7. Maybe we can mod it to remove the rear wing, give the specs of the F1 and pretend we're driving the real deal :D

Is possible to fix the "bug" of the gear selection with the Toyota Prius? I know that have only a gear, then is useless, but is possible to fix to select between automatic and manual?

I'm pretty sure that's an automatic thing from the game. When you can't shift, there's no point in having the choice anyways.

I'm pretty sure that's an automatic thing from the game. When you can't shift, there's no point in having the choice anyways.
Strange thing... In normal GT2 I've fixed this using the hybrid code for "add" the racing modification. Is a totally stock Prius, or rather I've acquired the car from the new car lot in the Toyota dealer and body swapped to the own hidden racing modification, then I haven't used other codes

As you can see now you can select automatic or manual

Last edited:
The Prius and Honda Logo both use a CVT transmission, which ingame is implemented very naively as a 1-speed. They also have a special flag set that disables the manual transmission option.

This special flag is in the same byte as the racing modification flag, so the body swap code you've used has probably overwritten it.

A flag is a value of either 0 or 1 (think of it as ON/OFF) that the game somewhere is told to look for and to do something about. In this case it's a ON/OFF switch that the 'choose transmission type' function in the game's code looks for to allow or not the player the choice of Manual or Auto.
And apparently, this flag is part of the body data, which the Prius RM apparently has a different value for it.

A flag is a value of either 0 or 1 (think of it as ON/OFF) that the game somewhere is told to look for and to do something about. In this case it's a ON/OFF switch that the 'choose transmission type' function in the game's code looks for to allow or not the player the choice of Manual or Auto.
And apparently, this flag is part of the body data, which the Prius RM apparently has a different value for it.

I used the same trick with the Honda Logo TS, that have only a gear and it worked. After I went to the settings menu and I saw in the transmisson part that have two gears... But when you choose manual you can't use that second gear...

Back