[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,803 comments
Yeah, manual transmission won't work properly with the CVT cars, which is why it's disabled. This is all deliberately designed to work this way by PD - if you start messing with things you'll just break it.

The current version already adds some parts, such as a turbo kit for the Clio 16v. Please read the changelog before asking if something is included.

For new parts I mean for example the ones from Gran Turismo 5

there is a tutorial for this?...it's my first time patching a rom game...
I'm sorry, but in the Community you can't talk about this... The only suggestion is find in Internet and you need a determinate program

It's quite easy to patch. The problem is having a game that's compatible with it. It seems not all of them work with it for some reason. But yeah we can't make a tutorial due to the rules around here.

It's a shame we can't have a tutorial on how to install this patch. Every time I try it, I get the wrong hash code. Would love to be able to play it. Maybe I'll just wait for the ntsc-u version so I can use it on my psio

The problem is having a game that's compatible with it. It seems not all of them work with it for some reason.
Every time I try it, I get the wrong hash code.

There's only one release of the PAL version, which the patch is built against and checks for. If the patch fails, it means that your disc is damaged or had some sort of read error. If cleaning it and re-reading doesn't give you the correct result, then either the disc is too scratched to read properly or your disc drive is not working correctly.

Not only is the correct MD5 checksum for the PAL GT Mode disc documented elsewhere, I've also purchased and patched multiple copies of the game to verify that they all matched it identically.

Ofc it'll be fine for the disc versions... I was talking about the not so physical copies that so far i've had my personal one not being able to be patched, and having to get an other from an other source for it to work.

All copies of the game ultimately come from the disc - if you've obtained it via somewhere else then whoever did have the disc has clearly done something wrong when reading the disc, or it's been damaged since then.

Possibly yeah. Or tempered with the files in some way. I's fine anyways. I have a working copy that I keep a copy of for later patching.

Is possible to set as opponent restored cars (excluded the Polo in the Light Weight Cup), Vauxhall cars and NTSC-U cars?

Yeah, I already have a link ready for those who want it, but I can't share it here. It's basically "show, don't tell" around here. That's why we link the patch file, but no tutorial (though Pez chose the easiest way he could find, patching the game is really not hard as long as you have a proper image. If you get any type of checksum error and whatnot then something went wrong in the process of making your image.

This is amazing!! I've searching about GT2 mods like this for years, thanks! I'm playing it and its amazing, the new RMs, restored cars, colors, bug fixes, everything! Can't wait for an American version of this. By the way, someone can point me on where to get a GT-R V-Spec N1?

I'll give you a hint that I give everyone playing this patch: all single races and championships can have up to 4 (randomly awarded) prize cars. Now just give this a little thinking and you'll know exactly where to look for it ;)
(Where would be the fun if you already knew where to look? haha)

I'll give you a hint that I give everyone playing this patch: all single races and championships can have up to 4 (randomly awarded) prize cars. Now just give this a little thinking and you'll know exactly where to look for it ;)
(Where would be the fun if you already knew where to look? haha)
Haha, thanks for the hint, man! I will start hunting right now XD

If anyone wants a list of where the new prize cars are, just PM me. The only reason I've not posted one publicly is to bring back that 1999 feeling when nobody knew what each race was going to reward, instead of just being able to jump on GameFAQs or something for a list.

In other news, still working on the next alpha - I figured out how descriptions are assigned to cars, and how to copy descriptions between different versions. This added some more bugs to my list that I can also now fix, such as the missing descriptions for the Silvia Spec-R and Golf V6 in PAL English, the missing Ruf BTR and Cerbera 4.2 descriptions in NTSC-U English, and so on. It also however increases the amount of disc space I need to find to fit all of the mods in...

Can't wait for another update on this beautiful mod! You guys are doing a great job fixing and adding things to this masterpiece of a game! Also, I want to point something, maybe for the new update. The GT-R V-Spec N1's side mirrors are in the car's color (white) while in GT4 and in real life they are black (i think they are made from carbon fiber).
Nissan_SKYLINE_GT-R_V・spec_N1_(R34)_'99.jpg
1999-Nissan-Skyline-R34-GTR-V-Spec-N1-front.jpg

Can't wait for another update on this beautiful mod! You guys are doing a great job fixing and adding things to this masterpiece of a game! Also, I want to point something, maybe for the new update. The GT-R V-Spec N1's side mirrors are in the car's color (white) while in GT4 and in real life they are black (i think they are made from carbon fiber). View attachment 786482 View attachment 786483
cant wait for the update too :D

Back