[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,789 comments
Yeah it would work on the PSclassic since it's an emulator as well. Your way of doing 60fps works.. but it makes the game harder (because everything is playing faster) lol
Not counting the music playing faster, which i personally don't like x)

Yeah it would work on the PSclassic since it's an emulator as well. Your way of doing 60fps works.. but it makes the game harder (because everything is playing faster) lol
Not counting the music playing faster, which i personally don't like x)

True, but I like more so^^. I'm obsessed with 60fps haha

I've noticed another bug/problem.....

The final version of the 1991 Nissan Silvia S13 light green two-tone isn't a two-tone at all.

Screenshot_2019-02-17-02-38-12.png
(That pic is from pez2k's alpha 3 PAL patch)

But in the demos (I forgot which one I used) has the correct Silvia S13 light green two-tone.

Screenshot_2019-02-21-13-31-29.png
(That pic if from NTSC v1.2 using demo car mod)

Also the NTSC v1.2 Honda civic sedans have dohc engines in game where as most sold in USA had sohc engines.

And pez2k, are you going to restore the soft-top lotus elise as a prize car? I'm sorry if that has been asked before.

Hi, i have another bug. The red color of the peugeot 206 s16 has 2 green squares on the fog lights, this is only in that color
SCES_123.80_15022019_231135_0318.jpg

The final version of the 1991 Nissan Silvia S13 light green two-tone isn't a two-tone at all.
Also the NTSC v1.2 Honda civic sedans have dohc engines in game where as most sold in USA had sohc engines.
And pez2k, are you going to restore the soft-top lotus elise as a prize car?

Interesting, I'll check the Silvia.

The Civics are all Japanese models, despite the localisation trying to put US names on them. I'll be reverting the names in a future version.

That Elise has a very inaccurate model, among other issues. Part of it may get reused for something else, but not yet.

The Honda Prelude Type-S '96 still has the AYC available to buy.

I believe this is intentional, as the car has 4-wheel steering.

The red color of the peugeot 206 s16 has 2 green squares on the fog lights, this is only in that color

Nice spot, I'll check it out.

No guarantee that any of these will be fixed in alpha 4 as it's 99% done right now, but if they're quick fixes I'll throw them in.

Interesting, I'll check the Silvia.

The Civics are all Japanese models, despite the localisation trying to put US names on them. I'll be reverting the names in a future version.

That Elise has a very inaccurate model, among other issues. Part of it may get reused for something else, but not yet.

No guarantee that any of these will be fixed in alpha 4 as it's 99% done right now, but if they're quick fixes I'll throw them in.

Yeah I noticed the Silvia a few days ago, but just didn't have time to post it.

And OK, I'm sure you are aware that you could get USDM civics by swapping/hybriding the Del Sol's sohc engines into them.

Oh also would the soft-top Elise be more accurate to use a final body with the soft-top texture?

And on a side note I did find a cool car for a nice addition to gt2.... I know you said you probably won't add more cars, but this.... I couldn't resist sharing......

The ultra rare Renault Laguna biturbo Hartge, 7 supposedly built, only 1 was shown with modified Bugatti EB110 rims, while the others has the Renault Safrane biturbo Hartge rims.

http://boitierrouge.com/2014/06/17/linconnue-de-la-semaine-la-renault-laguna-biturbo/

There is also a YouTube video on that site of the Laguna biturbo. I learned about new car today.

Hi, i have another bug. The red color of the peugeot 206 s16 has 2 green squares on the fog lights, this is only in that color
View attachment 801345

Very very strange thing. I don't have this glitch in my GT2+. Vanilla GT2 too
@pez2k, is true that all of the Volkswagen Golf have the same body for every model? (If I remember right, every Golf uses the V6 model) and is possible to add a Golf R32?

Last edited:
Very very strange thing. I don't have this glitch in my GT2+. Vanilla GT2 too
@pez2k, is true that all of the Volkswagen Golf have the same body for every model? (If I remember right, every Golf uses the V6 model) and is possible to add a Golf R32?

Like the issue with my focus rs I made, it's to new for gt2. And also all golf models in game are of 4door variant where as the golf r32 is 2door only. So that would require modding the mesh not just the textures.

@pez2k
Oh and I checked alpha 3 patch on my pal copy for the peugeot glitch and I don't have that issue, it works fine for me. By the way his pic of the peugeot glitch is in the spanish menu.

@pez2k
Impressive work! Please stop adding things and release the new version though haha!

I am avoiding playing vanilla or alpha 3 because I will have to start a new game for alpha 4 :D

Oh also would the soft-top Elise be more accurate to use a final body with the soft-top texture?

The texture mapping is completely different on the old model, it would need a lot of work.

is true that all of the Volkswagen Golf have the same body for every model?

It's pretty similar but there are tiny variances in the texture.

Impressive work! Please stop adding things and release the new version though haha!

That's the plan - there are a few things to fix on the Vectra SRi and the NSX-R LM GT2, but once those are done it'll only be a week or so to package everything up, build it and test it.

It's pretty similar but there are tiny variances in the texture.

@pez2k
You mean GTI, V6 and so on badges on the rear?

And also all golf models in game are of 4door variant where as the golf r32 is 2door only. So that would require modding the mesh not just the textures

@B_rad88! But is possibile to made one? I suppose that you are enough good to do this. @submaniac93 too

Last edited:
I'm sure that non-iridiscent colors are possibile to make. PS1 can't handle iridescent colors, guess

IIRC I swear test drive 5 had the TVR speed12 in sorta iridescent colors....

Screenshot_2019-02-23-17-16-15.png
Screenshot_2019-02-23-17-31-32.png

It's kinda iridescent. So maybe.....

I'm not an expert at shading so I'm personally not gonna attempt making a believable iridescent shade on a non-dynamic paint ^^'

Wouldn't it also require modding the texture to get the dual color fading proper? In similar aspects of stripes in gt2 where they are a slightly different color on the texture. Otherwise it would just appear as light source shading....example 1996 RX7 hood.....

The ps1 is not capable of dynamic color changes. In order to make an iridescent color, you have to paint it in a way that won't look too bad on most angles. And with 16 colors. I'm not gonna attempt that lmao
And yes, full texture editing is required here. you can't just recolor parts of the texture here.

The ps1 is not capable of dynamic color changes. In order to make an iridescent color, you have to paint it in a way that won't look too bad on most angles. And with 16 colors. I'm not gonna attempt that lmao
And yes, full texture editing is required here. you can't just recolor parts of the texture here.

Yeah I know, between the CPU power it would take and the limitation of the 16bit ware..... it would look like what was done in test drive 5. Not really iridescent, but it's good enough for PS1.

And I figured, as the way gt2 texture/coloring works. The limits of life...... And oh maybe so...... If done properly theoretically it could work since they did it with singling out the hood to black on the spoon civic type r.

Spotted a fun little bug with very noticeable effects - three of the Acura NSXes have RMs that are not available ingame. Why? Because someone made a mistake and each of the three are marked as upgrades for themselves, instead of upgrades for the actual car. The RMs are fully implemented, it's just a typo that stops them from appearing.

Of course, it's fixed for alpha 4, all are buyable through the newly accessible Acura dealership.

So that's why the NSXes from the american version didn't have their respective RM's? (With exception of one that I don't remember the model)

The Spoon Civic just uses a different palette on the bonnet faces.

Doesn't GT2 use both texture and color palettes to gain that affect? Meaning it would require the texture to have the hood different color than the rest of the car and also having the color palette to display it.

Spotted a fun little bug with very noticeable effects - three of the Acura NSXes have RMs that are not available ingame. Why? Because someone made a mistake and each of the three are marked as upgrades for themselves, instead of upgrades for the actual car. The RMs are fully implemented, it's just a typo that stops them from appearing.

Of course, it's fixed for alpha 4, all are buyable through the newly accessible Acura dealership.

Is it the same issue with the Acura Integra's?

So that's why the NSXes from the american version didn't have their respective RM's?

Yes, literally just a typo from PD.

Is it the same issue with the Acura Integra's?

Looks like it, yeah.

so we get NSX's from honda and acura?

Yes - they're more or less the same outside of the RMs. The Integras vary more though, with a different front end and different trim levels.

Doesn't GT2 use both texture and color palettes to gain that affect? Meaning it would require the texture to have the hood different color than the rest of the car and also having the color palette to display it.

On the regular '97 Type R at least, the bonnet and roof palettes are almost exactly the same in terms of which shades in which order, but for the Special Colour version one used black colours while the other used body colours.

The model selects which palette to use for which faces, and which bits of the texture to use for those faces. The texture itself doesn't intrinsically have any colour to it, just palette indexes which can represent any colour depending on the palette.

"Because someone made a mistake and each of the three are marked as upgrades for themselves, instead of upgrades for the actual car."

Is this also why some [R] cars show the rm in the race body mod purchase screen?

On the regular '97 Type R at least, the bonnet and roof palettes are almost exactly the same in terms of which shades in which order, but for the Special Colour version one used black colours while the other used body colours.

The model selects which palette to use for which faces, and which bits of the texture to use for those faces. The texture itself doesn't intrinsically have any colour to it, just palette indexes which can represent any colour depending on the palette.

OK, I was trying to understand it abit more. I know the texture (in raw .tim file) shows in a grey scale. When I was deleting decals from some race cars, that's all I did, was modding the texture to remove the decals. On those cars I did mod, the complete original color palette is still intact. So the decals can be reapplied or changed. But I also did experiment with deleting the decals via the color palette and it sorta worked.

Is this also why some [R] cars show the rm in the race body mod purchase screen?

No, as far as I'm aware that's normal, intended functionality. Any car with an [R] in the menus has a RM part equipped, therefore it can be shown in the tuning shop.

OK, I was trying to understand it abit more. I know the texture (in raw .tim file) shows in a grey scale.
But I also did experiment with deleting the decals via the color palette and it sorta worked.

Technically the texture isn't even greyscale, it has no concept of shade or colour at all. It's just abstract colour indexes that mean nothing without the model to assign a colour palette to them. That's what makes CDP tooling so difficult, it doesn't really exist as a standalone texture.

If the decals are on their own palette you can just set the whole thing to transparent (0,0,0), but if they're combined with something else they'd need to be painted out on the texture.

Back