[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,789 comments
I never seen this lol, this is another "very well-know" bug?

Ze56hiJ.png

Last edited:
Whoa that's a weird one. Let me see if it's on the mod or in vanilla as well...

Wait. What's your tire setup?
The front tires actually look like normal/control tire sizes, and the rear ones like you have sport/race tires.
If that's it then it's perfectly normal. Upgraded tires change your wheel sizes visually with bigger rims and smaller tire profiles. (This dynamic size system is also why tires in GT2 are pure black and not textured like they were in GT1. A tradeoff for realism)

Last edited:
Its the accord sir-t 97, normal tires in front, hard tires at rear.
I tested this now in a evo6, tire sizes are normal.

pd: Hey, the adverts in alpha4.1 are wrong, check "tuned NA car challenge"
with a turbocharged car and "tuned TURBO car challenge" with a normal aspirated car.
Can this be fixed?

Last edited:
That's exactly why then. Like I said, Normal and control tires are smaller than the rest, this mix and match is the reason. And why you can see this in the menu is that this specific, post-race menu shows your actual loaded car, while the garage and dealerships show "demo" wheels that don't actually represent what's on the car.

As for the turbo/na restriction screens it seems they are inverted. Sal previously mentioned that so they'll be looked at. I think it's possible to fix, but Pez knows more about menu screens than me.

Also, sorry I just completely overlooked the T111 issue, what is it i'm supposed to see? From what I can see in GT2 vehicle viewer there are no differences between day and night versions of it.

Ok.
hey subm, can you fix the lexus GS400 for the next alpha?
Something happened with the files.

Last edited:
Hey, the adverts in alpha4.1 are wrong, check "tuned NA car challenge"
with a turbocharged car and "tuned TURBO car challenge" with a normal aspirated car.

That's broken in the retail game too - should just be a case of switching the menu IDs it uses in solodata.dat (or swapping the two menu screens).

can you fix the lexus GS400 for the next alpha?
Something happened with the files.

If you mean the front grille, that's also broken in the retail game. It's on the list to fix.

Just now I'm seeing the unable rims modification for BMWs and there is this error: "you cannot enter with this car". Is possible to create a custom error message for this or replace it with an another? Or rather to create a workaround for fix this like the Vector W8 intercooler?

I can't make custom menu pages, and those error messages are menu pages.

The W8 intercooler is just tweaking upgrade parts, the wheel shop is not using upgrade parts. I don't know how the BMW wheel shop exclusion works.

Just now I'm seeing the unable rims modification for BMWs and there is this error: "you cannot enter with this car". Is possible to create a custom error message for this or replace it with an another? Or rather to create a workaround for fix this like the Vector W8 intercooler?

There is a game shark code for that. Easy to find too. Look for the YouTube video, it has codes in the description. I have the NTSC-U V1.2 codes.

There is a game shark code for that. Easy to find too. Look for the YouTube video, it has codes in the description. I have the NTSC-U V1.2 codes.
Yeah, I saw that video a little time ago. I have the PAL codes and codes for obtain Acura and Opel/Vauxhall in the standard Gran Turismo 2, plus the USA Altezza

For some reason the Opel-Vauxhall code crashes NTSC-U V1.2 version when the code is converted for that version.

This car, the Altezza, have identity crisis, because some times is a Toyota Altezza and some times is a Lexus IS 200. This is the LM Edition

In the garage is Lexus IS 200LM Edition

But when you select the car is Toyota Altezza LM Edition

Also in the results happen the same thing

Last edited:
That's a known issue - PD forgot to give it a localised logo so it falls back to using the Japanese one. Same issue as one of the 3000GT RMs in the US release showing a GTO logo.

That's a known issue - PD forgot to give it a localised logo so it falls back to using the Japanese one. Same issue as one of the 3000GT RMs in the US release showing a GTO logo.

Right, the GTO too. The Altezza and GTOs are the only with this issue? I know also for the MX-5 and some Daihatsus too

I'm happy for you to list any you know - worst case they're already on the to-do list, but I'd rather not miss any bugs.

How about more cut early colors?

(List is from the pre-release gt2 press disk on tcfr)

The Mini Cooper 1275S Mark I had a silver color, as seen in the December 1999 issue of the Official UK PlayStation Magazine.
The Mini Cooper 1.3 had a silver/grey color.
The Renault Espace F1 had a silver color.
The Renault Megane had a silver color.
The Daihatsu Midget II D-Type '98 had a silver color.
The Mitsubishi Pajero Mini '98 had a silver color.
The [R] Mitsubishi 3000GT '95 had a silver & yellow color option.
The [R] Toyota 2000GT had a silver & green color option.
The [R] Venturi Atlantique 400GT had a silver + white stripes color option.
The Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69 had a silver color with yellow stripes.
The TVR Speed 12 had multiple colors (Gold, Dark Blue and Silver).
Another model of the Opel / Vauxhall Vectra that was going to be used was the Vectra 2.0i. It features the sporty bodywork seen on the Vectra GSi, but has different rims.
The Lotus Elise 111S racing mod was the normal version with a spoiler. Possibly was WIP at the time.
The Ford GT40 Race Car had a grey color, as seen in the December 1999 issue of the Official UK PlayStation Magazine and a strategy guide by Prima Games.
The first Racing Modification of the Volkswagen Golf had an extra orange paint scheme.
The RUF Turbo-R had an extra "Turbo" logo in the back, which was removed in the final version of the game. Possibly to remove any explicit Porsche references.
The Honda Prelude Type-SH had originally a blue color aswell, as shown in the Prima's Official Strategy Guide book.
The Mazda MX-5 Miata 1.6 had a white roof cover, as shown in the Prima's Official Strategy Guide book.
The Mazda MX-5 Miata 1.8 VS had a black roof cover instead.
The Lotus Elise 135 had no "135" decal on its sides

I forgot to mention. I don't know if its a bug... but the special color Civic Type R has its tail lights kinda strange on night tracks.
Also, the Ruf CR4 seen to has its wheels outta place.

Last edited:
Any silver / grey colours are simply because PD hadn't applied colours to that car yet - all cars were initially textured in silver before being recoloured.

The Vectra 2.0 is already in alpha 4.1.

OK, well for random, there is the mk1 1275 mini rally car done in beta silver, I have.

Also I have a 30th anniversary Camaro and Corvette Grand Sport both in beta gt1 silver color from the early beta gt1 rm's.

OK, well for random, there is the mk1 1275 mini rally car done in beta silver, I have.

Also I have a 30th anniversary Camaro and Corvette Grand Sport both in beta gt1 silver color from the early beta gt1 rm's.
would be nice to see the beta colors also appearing, even IF it's JUST silver

Is it possible to redo the events? It always bothered me that a lot of events didn't make you use a similar vehicle to what the opponents were using. You just needed to meet the power requirement. Also with track selection they never used reverse versions of tracks, and Rome Night never got used outside of being a possible track in the randomizer events.

Is it possible to redo the events? It always bothered me that a lot of events didn't make you use a similar vehicle to what the opponents were using. You just needed to meet the power requirement. Also with track selection they never used reverse versions of tracks, and Rome Night never got used outside of being a possible track in the randomizer events.

Probably, but pez said that this mod is exclusively on restore the content

Yeah, it's possible, just outside the scope of this mod.

When it comes to limiting the cars that can enter an event, the maximum length for the list is only 32 cars so it's not possible to use it for more general restrictions.

Back