[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,789 comments
Pez, I forgot to mention a bug from the Alpha 3 that's still in the 4.1. The bug is on the demo replays, the AI is bugged to hell.

Last edited:
I assume the replays are storing the car setup in some way and it's using the wrong parts. I'll add it to the list of things to research.

It's been awhile since I've seen that issue with my v1.2 USA copy and that was because I swapped a file to use a .pal file. That was long ago when I was playing around with swapping menus and additional stuff that deals with the title screen, using other regions. It was a replay demo file I think in the folder with the title screen.

Thanks to a certain member here, I now am able to finally play GT2 Plus. What a blast!! You guys did an amazing job!

One thing I would love to see, is the Espace F1 or one of the Pikes Peak cars added to the AI roster of the GT World Championship. Perhaps maybe the fictional LM Editions could be added too? Is that possible?

Races are limited to a panel of 16 opponents per event that the game will randomly pick. Creating/adding an opponent to the game's data is very easy but it all depends on how many free spots there are in the event.
All 5 GT All Stars races have 1 free spot, but in theory it should be used for the CLK Race Car that's unused in the game. Or at least, that's where i'd put it since it's meant to race against the 155 and Calibra Touring Cars.

I literally signing up just to say thank you for this mod. It is definitely great to see hidden or deleted content again in the game.

There is however one thing that bothers me. The first three Bonus Cars from License Tests are not exactly in the right spec at all. I feel like as if it is a hybrid work. Here's the link to my imgur gallery for further reference.

Is it possible if you can revert back the spec of those three cars to its original value? I mean, an FF Spoon S2K? Whyyyy...

I use a completely vanilla save game, as in completely empty memory card right from the start.

Okay, here's the thing. Just to see if I effed things up, I decided to move my previous save into Memory Card (MC) Slot 2. This meant that I am starting afresh the same patched game... again. Much to my surprise, this time... it works well. All the specs for Spoon S2K, Dodge Concept Car and Mitsubishi GTO/3000GT LM '98 is right bang on.

I kept thinking on how the messed up spec happened, then it hit me! Before I starting to play the patched GT2, I previously run the Bonus Disc of GT2. In case if you are wondering what's inside it, it contains a 90 seconds demo of Arcade Disc, a few interview with Kaz regarding the development of GT2 and GT2000 and also some free Downloads. I downloaded one of the available content into MC Slot 1 hoping that it would work with PAL GT2, but disappointingly it didn't. That might explains my earlier problem.

Now that I have a completely vanilla save for MC Slot 1, all is well so far. No major problem to report from me so far.

That's great to hear.
I only found out about this a few weeks ago but the work you've done so far is really impressive, never I would imagine that one day it would be possible to fill the gaps that the devs left in this game.

Hello, I made an account here just to say that the work you guys are doing is no less than amazing. To revive and fix this game, that made us all fall in love with cars in our childhood.

I also was playing through the game again, while I was racing with the '69 Camaro I noticed the rear bumper and the exhaust pipes clipping through the texture:

YEKnbVd.png

d38qlS3.png

There is some other cars with that same problem, but it was quite a while since I saw them, so I will post whatever I find through my gameplay.

Each face / polygon on the car model has something like a 'sort order' value, which tells it whether it's over the top of or below any other face. There are indeed quite a few car models with layering issues like that, but the problem is not really fully understood yet and is quite difficult to fix.

I'm happy for you to report any issues like that that you see, and I'll add them to my list of things to fix long-term, but unfortunately it's not likely that they will be fixed any time soon.

Hi, Pez! How you doing, man? I have a question, man. You're gonna add improvement to existent cars such as the CLK Race Car? Submaniac posted one of his mods and he make de CLK look so awesome! You pretend to add things like this to GT2 plus?

No, this mod is focusing on restoring content and fixing bugs, an improvement and polish of the game rather than a redesign or revamp. I may end up doing another GT2 mod / compilation in future that just focuses on adding and reworking cars in ways that PD never planned to, but that's a long way off.

There's nothing stopping people from adding Submaniac's mods into their own GT2+ disc though, I encourage people to customise it as they want.

No, this mod is focusing on restoring content and fixing bugs, an improvement and polish of the game rather than a redesign or revamp. I may end up doing another GT2 mod / compilation in future that just focuses on adding and reworking cars in ways that PD never planned to, but that's a long way off.

There's nothing stopping people from adding Submaniac's mods into their own GT2+ disc though, I encourage people to customise it as they want.
Yeah, I agreed with that too. If I get a PC I'll try to learn myself. Thx, man!

How do you even install the mod? The readme only says to apply the patch to the simulation disc, but I don't know how to do that.

How do you even install the mod? The readme only says to apply the patch to the simulation disc, but I don't know how to do that.
I recommend to check the project nemo for ace combat 3 electrosphere they can explain better than me, and i patche the game with their instruccions

It's against the rules to make a tutorial about it, but you need to use DeltaPatcher.

Seems kinda silly to host a mod here if explaining how to use it is forbidden by site rules. I'll figure it out though, thanks. Sorry for the question anyway, I know its been asked before. I scanned the first page and didn't want to read the whole thing if it turned out no one had asked.

Last edited:
Back