[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,811 comments
I got a bug doing GT500 championship, I win all races but I get a 6th place with more points than AI opponents. The attached files are the championship results and my win ratio after the championship.
Did you get the cash and car prize for winning the championship anyway?

What about Endless Skyline? And, can you give me a link to OP post about texture mod?

Attachments

• рпсипсчипас.png
    рпсипсчипас.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 50
Any codes for this gt2 plus? I hate this licences trial
Yes, they're the same as the GT2 builds their based on. If you're using NTSC, the mod just turns it into Version 1.2; so you just need to google search around for the GT2 NTSC v1.2 license cheats.

Yeah, the mod applies all updates from NTSC-U 1.2 to earlier versions, so as mentioned any cheat codes need to be for 1.2.

The demo savegame in the first post also has all licenses complete.

Hello, can you fix the texture error on the Mazda RX 7 GT-C. The front wheels are visible through the texture.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201204_113723_com.epsxe.ePSXe.jpg
    Screenshot_20201204_113723_com.epsxe.ePSXe.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 50
It's not a texture error, it's a polygon display priority issue where the body faces have a lower priority value than the wheels. It's fixable but i'm basically the only one willing to make such edits, and i've been pretty busy so it'll take a while to fix all the cars that have that kind of issue

Yo, i've recently installed the mod and wanted to try out on POPSTARTER. However, apparently, even on Version 1.0, where the cheat fixes mostly work on, if i'm using the mod the game crashes anytime i try to look at a car.

You guys know any fix for this? or have any idea of whats going on?

Yes, sorry for the lack of details, it is running on a PS2. I thought i could run the mod on POPSTARTER which is a PS1 game launcher for the PS2, and it works really well as it loads really fast compared to ePSXe. However, POPSTARTER can only run the original bin file whilst the modded one won't load the car models.

Which is a shame, so until further notice, i think i'll have to play it on ePSXe.

Yo, i've recently installed the mod and wanted to try out on POPSTARTER. However, apparently, even on Version 1.0, where the cheat fixes mostly work on, if i'm using the mod the game crashes anytime i try to look at a car.

The mod works on real hardware, so if it doesn't work on a particular emulator then it's presumably an issue with that emulator. I can't give any tips or suggestions on emulating games as discussion of emulation is still explicitly banned on this forum.

Ok, so I tried using the light version on my NTSC-J 1.1 Version of the game, I'm running it on ePS*e. It works alright, I can do races and all the other stuff, but the cars in my garage left from my previous save are all messed up performance-wise - the TVR Speed 12 only has 321 hp and 5 gears, even the sound is diferent. I don't know if that's what is meant by "not compatible with vanilla savegames".

Last edited:
Other than that though - everything else worked even with my vanilla gamesave. And the mod itself is quite good. Hopefully there will be a way to make it compatible with vanilla saves, then it will be perfect.
Great job!

Drag mode wasn't cut late at all, but very early on. The only trace left is that arcade menu entry we all know about. So there's nothing to restore for it. Until GT2 is (if ever) decompiled in a way that happened for Driver 2 recently, Drag mode will have stay as it is right now

Agree, if he manage to port SSR11, new events and races in sim mode and finish add some other cut beta cars, RM's and other fixes, it will be FLAWELESS then, then GT2 will really be complete. Drag racing mode if they suceed to put it it's okay if not still amazing. Pezz2k already did a great job he will make it even better I have faith in him, so give him time and we will see.

Back