[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,789 comments
I'm happy seeing more people getting involved and showing interest in helping. I myself am not very good at anything helpful for this project, but I'm a big fan, and I have hopes that modding for GT2 will evolve even more with time.

Only time will tell if I'll get my so desired extra events/expanded career. If something like this was possible would you be interested in it, if not on this mod, more focused on fixes and beta content, then maybe on another one separate from this, pez2k?

Like I said, if you'd like someone to work on some banners, let me know.

Thanks for the offer - I'll have a look and see what needs doing.

Only time will tell if I'll get my so desired extra events/expanded career. If something like this was possible would you be interested in it, if not on this mod, more focused on fixes and beta content, then maybe on another one separate from this, pez2k?

I have no plans to start another mod, this one alone takes much more time than I have to spare. All of the tools are available if you wanted to tweak events for your own mod though.

Long answer is yes, I want to, I have most of the files ready to do so, but I'd need to alter the text on the New Car Dealership screen, which is pretty difficult to do as it's painted onto the background.
I've posted in the discord, but I wanted to share some stuff I've been working on to try and help out.

I tried my hand at painting out the "Muscle Car" text to make it possible to change it to Road Runner:

384.gtmp.png 384-2.gtmp.png

I also gave a shot at changing the Lotus Elan S2 banner logo to just Elan, using an image from a '90 brochure for the text/font. I could add "1.6" but from what I can tell, it was never marketed that way. It was just Elan (and Elan SE):

Old
ioe9nl--.png
New
ioe9nl--copy.png

I'm hoping I can be some use to tie up some of these discrepancies and make the mod even better (which is hard to do considering all the progress already made).

a7c0a5752a6d8a39c8cd1555622eadfc.jpg

What about this yellow color on the Vector M12? @submaniac93 if you want you can put it on your mod as well.
501890.jpg

I liked this red also.
EDIT: The red M12 image did not load properly, so I found this another one
I don't think this is really the place for requests. There's lots of cars with real life paint options that aren't included in game. You're welcome to make a mod of your own if you'd like to add these, but from the sounds of it, this mod doesn't really need new ideas for content.

Last edited:
Every Exxon variant of a car has been removed. Since you're playing on NTSC you're expecting to see t22hn, but it's not there anymore. I assume pez will have instead unblocked t22gn, the ESSO variant, which may show up at other days. Unless he didn't, in which case it's a good bug report lol

Exactly that, yes - the US version has two duplicates of the 2000GT, one of which is hidden. I've swapped the two around to match the other regions, and so that I can get rid of the duplicate to make space for new content. The original and duplicate don't always show up at the same time in the used car list, but on at least day 170 both are listed, so one 2000GT should still appear then.

Hello. I don't know how to explain this flaw. Here are 2 disks from Yokohama. The disks are the same, but they differ in color. I also noticed that the red-black disk is smaller in size than the white-blue one. Outwardly, they are the same. Is this a bug?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210720_174010.jpg
    Screenshot_20210720_174010.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20210720_174022.jpg
    Screenshot_20210720_174022.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20210720_174035.jpg
    Screenshot_20210720_174035.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20210720_174051.jpg
    Screenshot_20210720_174051.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20210720_174107.jpg
    Screenshot_20210720_174107.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20210720_174118.jpg
    Screenshot_20210720_174118.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 35
The textures are all the same size, the difference fools us because there's a black outer ring around the red part.
I'm noticing it also uses light grey for the dish color... not the best imo 🤔

Hi I keep trying to apply the patch andd keep getting this error: See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at WindowsFormsApplication1.Form1.button4_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.9151 (WinRelRS6.050727-9100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
xdeltaUI
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/gaffe/OneDrive/Desktop/xdeltaUI.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.9149 (WinRelRS6.050727-9100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hi I keep trying to apply the patch andd keep getting this error:
Barring any further context, that sounds like an error message from whatever patching tool you're using to apply the patch I assume, in which case you'll need to ask whoever developed the patching tool what it means and how to solve it.

I fixed it using another tool thanks. BTW is it possible that after I patched it the patched file is now slightly smaller (609 mb vs 659). I thought it added content

Last edited:
I fixed it using another tool thanks. BTW is it possible that after I patched it the patched file is now slightly smaller (609 mb vs 659). I thought it added content
I've never compared the file sizes between Plus and vanilla but GT2+ does delete some hidden content such as hidden body-only vehicles.

BTW is it possible that after I patched it the patched file is now slightly smaller (609 mb vs 659). I thought it added content
If you mean the Simulation / GT Mode disc, then yes it does get a bit smaller. The bulk of the file size is the menu backgrounds, and using a compression tool 20 years newer reduces their size slightly more than in the original game. The Japanese and US versions are also updated by the mod to use the newer files from the PAL version of the game, which again is different in size.

Adding a new car takes up something like 60kb of disc space, which is dwarfed by the size changes from simply rebuilding the base game.

I've never compared the file sizes between Plus and vanilla but GT2+ does delete some hidden content such as hidden body-only vehicles.
It doesn't even go that far - a few broken and/or duplicate models are removed, that's all. The disc space saving is miniscule, it's done to avoid a crash caused by too many files in a specific folder.

I noticed in the descriptions of some cars it says they have a LSD, twin plate clutch, etc and yet in the game they are not included by default. Why aren't the cars included with them? It's not realistic. Is there any way you can fix this?

I noticed in the descriptions of some cars it says they have a LSD, twin plate clutch, etc and yet in the game they are not included by default. Why aren't the cars included with them? It's not realistic. Is there any way you can fix this?
Those cars already come with stock settings that reflect those parts. The purchasable parts are further upgrades on top, for example an aftermarket LSD with different settings, or a better clutch.

Those cars already come with stock settings that reflect those parts. The purchasable parts are further upgrades on top, for example an aftermarket LSD with different settings, or a better clutch.
So would upgrading a car that "comes with" twin plate clutch with a single/double do anything? Or would a single be a downgrade?

I always wondered... in those cases, is the difference between stock and modified smaller, seeing as the car already has it?

One I know is NOT like that is stuff like turbo, where if you have both a N/A and a Turbo model of the same car, the turbo model will have more power with the same turbo upgrade, same price and everything.

Power parts are mostly % increase, major ones have additional stuff like powerband peak "slider", turbo pressure and response.. suspension has travel settings as well as actual damper settings, LSD is pretty complex as well. Bunch of stuff the player doesn't see.

Hey, is it possible to change the horse power of rally cars to be more realistic in a future update? I.e the delta S4 is only 246hp when it was officially 450hp and thought to be actually producing 550hp. On the other hand, the Impreza rally car is 404hp when it should be 300hp under the FIA WRC regulations.

A lot of the race cars have incorrect performance figures in GT2, not just the rally cars.

Hey, is it possible to change the horse power of rally cars to be more realistic in a future update?
It's been asked quite a few times before - I presume PD wanted to represent all of the race and rally cars as if they didn't have to run the air restrictors mandated by the various series, so they make a lot more power. It's not just as simple as changing a number from 460 to 300 though, it'd mean changing the whole torque curve appropriately, and nobody has yet been able to provide me with accurate torque curve data for any of the racecars yet (because it's generally secret).

The Delta S4 seems to be using the engine from the road version, but again Abarth has never released any detailed engine data for me to incorporate.

Back