[MOD] - Gran Turismo 2 Revival [WIP] (Based on GT6 Spec II) v0.6 released! (3-09))

• Thread starter Rzeractor
  • 29 comments
Australia
Australia
Greetings, from Australia.
This is now in a very early testing phase (having to learn how to mod the game thanks to Nenkai's documentation, however so far been successful with a revised concept of Gran Turismo 2's Sunday Cup.

Backstory:
I have always loved Gran Turismo 2 - I have vivid memories still to this day of coming home from school and spending hours on it, never completing homework. Haha.. Since GT6 mod progression has matured, I am looking to re-create all of GT2's races along with some added features for a little pizzazz.

Planned Features:
  • Including GT6 Spec II's modifications
  • An accurate representation of all of Gran Turismo 2's events and championships, wherever possible (Tracks, AI cars, standing starts, power limits)
  • Larger grid sizes (experimenting on this, looking to be 10 cars on earlier events, and 16 on later)
  • Full-length endurance races with tyre wear
  • Standing grid starts for most races
  • AI starting grid ordered by ascending power / PP figures in certain races
  • Experimenting with some options / values to make the (leading cars) stay on you at a reasonable pace
  • Many more One-Make races

Changelog:

03-09-21: Version 0.6
- Moved event into Novice Class > GT2 Revival Icon on right.
- Added Endurance Races Icon on Right
- Fixed some events having incorrect grid or AI car models

28-08-21: Verson 0.4 / 0.5
- Various bug fixes

23-08-21: Version 0.3
- Added all of Gran Turismo 2's Endurance races, updated to be compatible with 'b6' Spec II no cache mod.

22-08-21: Version 0.2
- Added three endurance races from GT2 (Daytona 100 Mile [Replaces Seattle Circuit], Trial Mountain 30 Laps, Rome Millenium 2 Hour) , along with two nations cup qualifiers (US, Japan)
- Endurances have weather however slightly broken at this point in time.

21-08-21: Version 0.1
- 'Line up 1' Special events from Gran Turismo 2 completed
-Sunday Cup, Clubman Cup, FF Challenge, FR Challenge, Midship Challenge, 4WD Challenge

Credits:
- Nenkai - For their amazing work on The Spec II Mod
- TheAdmiester - For their amazing work on The Spec II Mod
- Reko - Daily Bonus Images for day 6-10, and some custom tracks.
- You, for taking the time to download, try out, test, enjoy my mod! a big thankyou ;D

Download: Version 0.3 updated (22-08-21)

WIP Screenshots:

screenshot-2021_08_21_15_22_38.png2021-09-03 (1).png2021-09-03 (2).png2021-09-03.png

If anybody has suggestions, feature requests etc I am all ears, within my own abilities.
Thanks for taking a look!

Attachments

• screenshot-2021_08_21_15_11_16.png
    screenshot-2021_08_21_15_11_16.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 274
  • screenshot-2021_08_21_15_11_49.png
    screenshot-2021_08_21_15_11_49.png
    21 KB · Views: 241
  • screenshot-2021_08_21_15_12_05.png
    screenshot-2021_08_21_15_12_05.png
    80.7 KB · Views: 233
  • screenshot-2021_08_21_15_12_22.png
    screenshot-2021_08_21_15_12_22.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
Pretty cool. I'm curious as to how your recreation of Red Rock Valley looks like. Never played the PS3-era installments myself but it's cool how they've been cracked open for modding.

This is now in a very early testing phase (having to learn how to mod the game thanks to Nenkai's documentation, however so far been successful with a revised concept of Gran Turismo 2's Sunday Cup.

Backstory:
I have always loved Gran Turismo 2 - I have vivid memories still to this day of coming home from school and spending hours on it, never completing homework. Haha.. Since GT6 mod progression has matured, I am looking to re-create all of GT2's races along with some added features for a little pizzazz.

Planned Features:
  • An accurate representation of all of Gran Turismo 2's events and championships, wherever possible (Tracks, AI cars, standing starts, power limits)
  • Larger grid sizes (experimenting on this, looking to be 10 cars on earlier events, and 16 on later)
  • Experimenting with some options / values to make the (leading cars) stay on you at a reasonable pace

Changelog:

- Various bug fixes

- Added all of Gran Turismo 2's Endurance races, updated to be compatible with 'b6' Spec II no cache mod.

- Added three endurance races from GT2 (Daytona 100 Mile [Replaces Seattle Circuit], Trial Mountain 30 Laps, Rome Millenium 2 Hour) , along with two nations cup qualifiers (US, Japan)

-Sunday Cup, Clubman Cup, FF Challenge, FR Challenge, Midship Challenge, 4WD Challenge

Credits:
- You, for taking the time to download, try out, test, enjoy my mod! a big thankyou ;D

Download: Version 0.3 updated (22-08-21)

WIP Screenshots:

View attachment 1075510View attachment 1077914View attachment 1077915View attachment 1077916

If anybody has suggestions, feature requests etc I am all ears, within my own abilities.
Thanks for taking a look!
Hopefully there be a GT3 revival also.

Saudações, da Austrália.
Isso agora está em uma fase de testes muito inicial (tendo que aprender a modificar o jogo graças à documentação de Nenkai, mas até agora foi bem-sucedido com um conceito revisado da Copa de Domingo do Gran Turismo 2.

História de fundo:

Planned Features:

Changelog:

- Various bug fixes

- Eventos especiais 'Line up 1' do Gran Turismo 2 concluídos

Créditos:
- Nenkai - Por seu incrível trabalho no The Spec II Mod
- TheAdmiester - Por seu trabalho incrível no The Spec II Mod
- Reko - Imagens de bônus diário para o dia 6-10 e algumas faixas personalizadas.
- Você, por tirar um tempinho para baixar, experimentar, testar, curtir meu mod! muito obrigado ;D

Download: Versão 0.3 atualizada (22-08-21)

Capturas de tela WIP:

[Anexar]1075510[/Anexar][Anexar]1077914[/Anexar][Anexar]1077915[/Anexar][Anexar]1077916[/Anexar]

Se alguém tiver sugestões, solicitações de recursos, etc., sou todo ouvidos, dentro das minhas próprias habilidades.
Obrigado por dar uma olha eu fiz o

Backstory:

Planned Features:

Changelog:

- Various bug fixes

Credits:
- Você, por tirar um tempinho para baixar, experimentar, testar, curtir meu mod! muito obrigado ;D

Download: Versão 0.3 atualizada (22-08-21)

Capturas de tela WIP:

View attachment 1075510View attachment 1077914View attachment 1077915View attachment 1077916

Se alguém tiver sugestões, solicitações de recursos, etc., sou todo ouvidos, dentro das minhas próprias habilidades.
Obrigado por dar uma olhada!
FI did the procedure and it didn't work, the game keeps loading infinitely and doesn't start.

Is there any way to win the prize cars at the end of championships or enduraces?

I completed them and I did not receive
GT6 doesn’t work like GT5 for that as if you earn half the Stars you earn a prize car. Complete them fully you earn another prize car. That is pretty much it as far as prize cars go.

GT6 doesn’t work like GT5 for that as if you earn half the Stars you earn a prize car. Complete them fully you earn another prize car. That is pretty much it as far as prize cars go.
With the mods you can set prize cars for winning certain events I believe, but the base game awards prize cars for 50% and 100% stars in each category as you say. I am still getting to grips with modding GT6, the event creator tool does have options for awarding prize cars.

No more updates? 🤔
I guess not. I wanted it too.

Sorry if this is considered bumping.

But I do have one thing to say. Why did the guy CORRECT wrong cars in certain races? They were actually wrong in GT2. Should have done it exactly like it was.

Or, in a more serious idea, making something based on those bugs could be interesting. Like, we have those events where you have a powerful car and have to catch-up to slower ones that had a head start (actually that sounds like every GT event), but what about something like, your opponent is much faster, but it's possible to beat them with your pit strategy. Just something I thought of now.

The endurance with Le Man's cars and one Xantia also made me think of an event with a hard to control car for you to use, with assists forced off, and if you can't control the car, a much slower one will be able to beat you, again because of pitting strategies. Maybe you go through too many tires?

But I do have one thing to say. Why did the guy CORRECT wrong cars in certain races? They were actually wrong in GT2. Should have done it exactly like it was.
Certain events in GT2 were only wrong in certain versions of GT2, the Vector and Xantia appearing in the wrong endurances races for example wasn't the case in every version of the game. Those issues occured because a car was moved above them in the AI pool which pushed them out of the range for their respective races, but only in (one IIRC) early version of the game that released in the US only.

Though was the GT40 in the classic car races in every version? I tihnk it may have been, but I can't be certain.

Last edited:
Those issues occured because a car was moved above them in the AI pool which pushed them out of the range for their respective races, but only in (one IIRC) early version of the game that released in the US only.

Though was the GT40 in the classic car races in every version? I tihnk it may have been, but I can't be certain.

Yeah, the endurance opponents bug was caused by Polyphony duplicating the Shelby GT500 when they fixed its weird proportions for the initial US release, and fixed in the first US re-release which was built potentially as little as three days after the gold master. It's only the earliest copies of the US version that have it.

The GT40 wasn't really a bug - a 310ps car in a 300ps race is nowhere near the biggest gap between an event limit and an opponent in the game. What probably was unintended though is that the GT40 is treated like a racecar when it comes to parts and tyres, so its 'stock' compound is actually a set of medium slicks instead of street tyres. That seems to be where a lot of its pace comes from, along with the stock race transmission and suspension.

Yeah, the endurance opponents bug was caused by Polyphony duplicating the Shelby GT500 when they fixed its weird proportions for the initial US release, and fixed in the first US re-release which was built potentially as little as three days after the gold master. It's only the earliest copies of the US version that have it.

The GT40 wasn't really a bug - a 310ps car in a 300ps race is nowhere near the biggest gap between an event limit and an opponent in the game. What probably was unintended though is that the GT40 is treated like a racecar when it comes to parts and tyres, so its 'stock' compound is actually a set of medium slicks instead of street tyres. That seems to be where a lot of its pace comes from, along with the stock race transmission and suspension.
the biggest bug though was the Vector in the 30 laps of Trial Mountain in GT2 and how the AI Full bored all the time in the race.

the biggest bug though was the Vector in the 30 laps of Trial Mountain in GT2 and how the AI Full bored all the time in the race.

That's exactly what the first paragraph of my post is about - it was fixed very quickly after the US launch and didn't affect any other regions.

Back