Moglet's Gallery [7th August 2019 - Japan Trip Update]

• Thread starter Moglet
  • 199 comments
The wedding set is very good Mog! many... hidden things come to light when you focus on other stuff than what is usually covered in such events.

As for the cars... where are we, again? All I see are american cars.

acc25.jpg

Amazing photo's there; i love the shelby GT 500; do you have anymore of this car :)

Top Gear Live 2011

Poor lighting meant a few of these are blurry or slightly over-sharpened but I think I did pretty well given how dark it was! And yes, that guy did jump over a Lamborghini as it drove at him!

tg1f.jpg

tg2fj.jpg

tg3y.jpg

tg4a.jpg

tg5cj.jpg

tg6t.jpg

tg7t.jpg

tg8p.jpg

tg9e.jpg

tg10.jpg

tg11.jpg

tg12.jpg

tg13.jpg

tg14i.jpg

tg15.jpg

tg16.jpg

Yay, the Subaru is on fire!

Quite good, given the lens and cropping I'm guessing you did. What camera body again?

Yay, the Subaru is on fire!

Quite good, given the lens and cropping I'm guessing you did. What camera body again?

Thanks! And yeah, there were 2 Subarus, both being drifted round the arena. While still on fire. The body is a D50. It's old now but having a motor in the body is very useful for the nifty fifty!

12 and 15 are great shots! I really need to go to this show myself... Theyve been here in Holland twice and I missed them both times! :grumpy: Looks like you had a great time though and it mustve been a good show of course....

12 and 15 are great shots! I really need to go to this show myself... Theyve been here in Holland twice and I missed them both times! :grumpy: Looks like you had a great time though and it mustve been a good show of course....

It was a brilliant show, but my girlfriend paid a lot for VIP tickets and we were treated really badly. She got a refund on most of the money!

Knowing how difficult the TopGear Live lighting conditions (and the NEC for that matter) are I think you've done a superb job. Particularly liking #2, really nice framing and has quite an atmospheric feel to it. The Morgan 3 wheel shot is also pretty cool. 👍

Only real piece of C&C would be it might be nice to see some panning in there? I know it's difficult in the conditions but it can create some pretty cool effects - which I think you've done at the Autosport show before(?).

Hey Mog - beautiful photos man - particularly post 151. The photos of the animals have so much character. The shot of the monkey in the corner is sad and incredible. The shot of his hands is also incredible. Great captures, style, use of aperture, tone, etc. Lovely stuff. Glad to see you doing people work as well. The wedding photos are perfect - you can just see the joy in the couple's expressions. I would love to have seen more of the father's face in the picture with the bride. I would also have loved to see the bride's face in that embrace. As a father myself, those pictures will be priceless to them. Great work!

Awesome Gallery.👍👍

Moglet, I've finally reached page 5 - five to go! Wow - what amazing shots. Just love the whole Fiat story, and you getting that job and the photo-jounalism that followed. There are some shots in there that kept me gapped out for long minutes; your unique treatment of the subject matter overshadows your technical skill - which is considerable in itself.
Will be back again soon to catch up on the thread completely and to comment on some shots individually. 👍

A huge thank you to everyone who replied to my last update, I honestly completely forgot about this thread for a while which is a shame. I'm hoping I can make up for that with some photos from my recent visit to Osborne House, a huge old house here on the island that used to be Queen Victoria's residence. It's a beautiful place and the grounds are stunning, especially the private beach area. The Durbar Room containing various gifts brought over from India is simply jawdropping, but unfortunately no photography is allowed inside the building so I'll have to make do with a Google photo:
Osborne-House-The-Durbar-Room-%25C2%25A9-English-Heritage-.jpg

Now that the sun is coming out a little more I plan on getting out and about across the island to photograph the most interesting places I come across. 👍
Anyway here are my photos, some of these are more snapshots to show off the house and gardens but I thought I'd post them in here anyway just to show off the scenery! One thing the more eagle eyed will notice is that my camera needs cleaning again. Unfortunately I currently have no way of doing it properly and every method I've tried previously hasn't got rid of all of the dust. :( All photos are taken on a Nikon D50 with the 18-55mm kit lens.

edit1mv.jpg

edit2kw.jpg

edit3h.jpg

edit4n.jpg

edit5a.jpg

edit6o.jpg

edit7m.jpg

edit8.jpg

edit9n.jpg

edit10e.jpg

edit11t.jpg

edit12.jpg