Mon 20:00-21:30 UK time - PC2 - Hosted by @IfAndOr - Please refer to new threadPS4 

Appreciate the vid RJ, I gave it a go in a practice session ( 1st of june 2019, 1pm ) and was able to rather constantly lap 2.18s. Potential lap time said 2.17.4 with a fastest lap of 2.17.8 from the top of my head. All on a default setup (and using a controller).

That's good to hear! I think a consistent 2:18 will be a pretty strong race pace at the moment. Glad it's been a help.

I may be wrong about the 2:18 though and the potential 2:16 qualifier. I was shocked when @AndreasR was 2 seconds a lap quicker than me when we were in John's practise room last week, I thought I was lapping pretty strong! No idea how I was able to make up the time, ended up taking pole on my last qualifying lap by only 0.072s.

Results from Sakitto

Sakitto G40 MON.jpg

First race with you guys tonight and I enjoyed despite the slow down penalties which forced me to lose too much time to stay in the fights. In the end the frustration got the better of me after I got a one second time penalty after having lost 6 seconds slowing down and I ended up in the gravel at the exit of Spoon

Was the video I did particularly helpful to many people? It's something I could potentially upload every Thursday for the next week's track. I'll only do it if you guys find it worthwhile though

I found it very interesting to watch and although I have enough experience and skill (in my humble opinion) to find a good racing line I thought it was very interesting and helpful to watch

Hi Old, so your correct FOV at that measurement would be 42, as shown in the picture below. As you can see that doesn't give you much of a view of the wings of your car (if you follow the sight lines).

Screenshot_20190321_151417.jpg

It seems like you're more concerned about visibility than accuracy though, so I would suggest an FOV of about 90. If you look in the picture below you'll see it gives you a decent view of the front end quarter panels, and when your visibility stops the in-game proximity markers should start.

Screenshot_20190321_151435.jpg

I have seat forwards /backwards set to buttons so i can adjust it on the fly, but find getting wing mirrors in veiw is to far back to get a good view of the road.
I use the radar to keep a eye out for others and rear view button set to use if needed ..

I have seat forwards /backwards set to buttons so i can adjust it on the fly, but find getting wing mirrors in veiw is to far back to get a good view of the road.
I use the radar to keep a eye out for others and rear view button set to use if needed ..

Yeah, I do the same, have them mapped. I can't use the mirrors and I have a 49" TV about 85cm away, it's just too far back in the car. I'd need to tape my TV to my face if I wanted that!

I do wish they would include the option for floating wing mirrors as well as a rear view mirror.

Great photo's John. Can anyone tell me FOV to get the view with quarter light windows in allowing you to see cars at the side of you.My screen is a 24inch & position from eyes to screen is about 70cm. Cheers guys.

Thanks Old, the inside view is for the photo, is just whats in the cockpit, mirrors, dials, you can twist around a lot more. So its just I like, really, when cars over take, see more, standard FOV.

My screen is 32 inchs, have too measure distance again.:)

Can anyone tell me FOV to get the view with quarter light windows in allowing you to see cars at the side of you.
It often depends on the car but you can try my settings if you like. I did a lot of testing and I think they might be similar to what you're after.

I've tried the FOV calculators (32" monitor) but they give me figures in the low 50s which for me seems like tunnel vision. It's ok for seeing the apex of corners but I loose a lot of the sense of speed into the corners and of being in a car. So I used the FOV sensitivity option to try and give me the best of both.

Me being me I like to fiddle with the settings so it took me a good few hours of fiddling to get it how I liked it! :)
It will tighten the FOV as you slow for corners but gently pull it back as you build up speed. For the cockpit cam it's calculated to range from 68° at pit lane speeds and 88° at 158 mph.
The ranges differ for the other views. I have the helmet cam a little narrower for instance, it works out as 65° to 83.5°

If you wanted it to go wider you'd need to increase the max speed sensitivity a little.
PROJECT__1.jpg

As the other chaps have mentioned mapping the seat position movement gives you the ability to tweak your view from car to car. You'll find it's a very adjustable seat!

I actually often use bonnet camera when not racing with you guys. :scared:

Sorry can't race tonight, been away all weekend and just got back. Will someone open practice room for me, have fun.:D

Be racing Wednesday.👍

Hope all's OK @Sick Cylinder (I've always said don't worry if you can't make it)

Thanks for hosting @rj5992 (Nice time settings. Nice lap time!)

Sorry for the broadside hit @beachboy6658 (You seemed to just appear in front of me. Good job the damage was off!)

A fun race though. The little G40 is very forgiving.

Shall we say 10 racers is the minimum to make it a points scoring round?
I arrived just in time then. :)

Bought h-patern shifter last weak. Thought it will be fun to drive historical cars on Monda it s race. Tried it today - OMG, I can't drive this way. And it is after 20 years driving manual gears cars in real life :).
A lot of practice is needed.

I remember when I upgraded from my Driving Force GT (sequential) to my G27 (h pattern with clutch). Thought 'this is going to be so realistic'... It was, so much so that the fact I didn't know how to drive in real life meant I didn't know how to drive in the game :D Took me a lot of practise to get it right, now I'm heel-toeing without a second thought. When I finally start learning to drive I'll probably be blipping on the downshift in my instructors car just through force of habit :lol: Not sure Vauxhall Corsa's need that :P

Back