Mon 20:00-21:30 UK time - PC2 - Hosted by @IfAndOr - Please refer to new threadPS4 

Excellent video, @Sick Cylinder, a field loaded with gentlemen racers.

I'll take whatever number is going in the first round. If you prefer me to specify a number, I'll have to see what is available on the stock / DLC liveries and let you know.

Important Info: - after trying the car again I am cancelling Cota and switching to Willow Springs. There will be a 30 minute qualification and a 20 minute race for Round 1 so you have time to get familiar with the car and circuit. Following rounds will be the usual 20 qual and 30 minute race.

Sorry for the late notice, but I had to make this change as Cota is awful with this car. The car is great, but is not suited to a stop start F1 track like Cota.

NB I am using number 8.

Horse Thief Mile? :sly:

Just wondering for this series. Standing or rolling starts - like in the video?

Texas infield should be... interesting. Another tight and twisty track. Perhaps Texas road course might be more suitable for this car? It'll give the Mustang a chance to stretch its legs in between the slower sections. ;)

Cota is awful with this car.
You had included it twice as well. You masochist! :P

the usual 20 qualy
I know you've been away from us for some time but
15 minutes Qualification
We changed some time back. The fumes from all that paint in GTS livery editor has affected your memory. :mischievous:

(Perhaps 20mins might be just right tonight?)

Last edited:
I like it Cota after getting to know how to drive there with this car.
Back to practice then to see how Willow works...

Edit: What about pit stops?

Edit2: Willow is even worst than cota. After few laps.

Edit3: Is track Willow longer one - Internation Raceway? Not this Horse Thief mile?

Last edited:
I like it Cota after getting to know how to drive there with this car.
Back to practice then to see how Willow works...

Edit: What about pit stops?

Edit2: Willow is even worst than cota. After few laps.

Edit3: Is track Willow longer one - Internation Raceway? Not this Horse Thief mile?

Big Willow. I think horse thief mile is not suited to racing - except maybe karts.

No pit stop.

20 minute qualification as suggested by @IfAndOr

Results from Big Muddy er Willow Springs

Willows Ford Mustang Cobra TA.jpg

Place given to @AndreasR as i slowed down for him to catch up to continue our battle after a small bump , i made a couple of mistakes so he just carried on passed to disappear up the road lol .it was good while it lasted fun simba..

Place given to @AndreasR as i slowed down for him to catch up to continue our battle after a small bump , i made a couple of mistakes so he just carried on passed to disappear up the road lol .it was good while it lasted fun simba..

can't get on with that car and track combination.
Hmm, yes. The lack of slow corners at Willow Springs somewhat hid its faults.

After a few laps at Laguna there's 2 things I've learnt about the Mustang.

Firstly it's much shorter than you'd think without its bodywork.
MPZPUYTA9NKAAAJVA_.jpeg

Secondly fitting it with soft slicks, lowering the brake pressure by 30 and increasing the steering ratio just slightly makes it an enjoyable car to drive.

As it is on default though it's a difficult machine to master. Not least the brakes, which lock up if you so much as look at the peddle!

Stable feels a lot better too.:)
Stable is better John, it's slightly more planted, but it only reduces the brake pressure by 7 points - from 92% to 85% if I remember correctly. So it's still tricky to slow down, especially unexpectedly, without locking up the wheels. Just soft slicks alone would help with this because of their extra bite but lowering the brake pressure was the key thing that helped me. The car definitely takes a lot of practice/skill to tame on default.

Sorry i'm not gonna make it tonight its my birthday
Oh that's a shame, we would have let you win if we'd have known it was your birthday. :D

Have a good day. Enjoy the jelly and ice cream at your party. ;)

I've been practising again in the 'tang and after making some adjustments to the controller brake input settings and moving the seat position further I'm getting better! I know what I'll probably be fitting on the pitstop though. :)

Last edited:
The Mustang Cobra seems very unpopular and it is much harder to drive than I remember - the original testing was done a long time ago and maybe updates have made the car worse. Regardless I have decided that tonight will be the final round with this car - the final six rounds of the series will therefore be with another car TBC / TBA!

Hi all,
not able to join tonight ,have pain in the shoulder blade think its the muscle to the neck ? Have had it rubbed gel'ed
Hot water bottle ,bag of pea's but still killing .. need a qurterzone injection just to get a break but doubt the doc will ..

Have fun ! Catch you soon

it is much harder to drive than I remember
It's just on the default hard slicks combined with the high brake pressure. It's a nice drive when ever so slightly tweaked.

bag of pea's
I could do with some peas, I've run out. In fact the freezer is a bit bare. A trip to the outside world will have to be planned!
Perhaps a Cortisone injection would be better than qurterzone one? :sly:
(Actually it could be Fibromyalgia you have)

@Sick Cylinder - To save you time in testing. If you are swapping out the car but keeping the all American track list could I perhaps suggest to keep the theme going... The GT4 Mustang Boss 302R. I've done a bit of quick testing and that one of the two GT4 Mustangs is probably the best as a follow on from the Cobra, but with much less bite! Unlike the Cobra it's an easy car to race with and should be suitable for all. And you can see out of it pretty well. :)

The RTR GT4 is OK too, actually an easier drive, but seems too modern compared to the 302R.

If you do decide to go with that I'll have number 72. A blue and yellow stripey one.

Back