Mon 20:00-21:30 UK time - PC2 - Hosted by @IfAndOr - Please refer to new threadPS4 

I tried GTS. Played daily races about 4-5 hours and was confused. Most praise them but I was pushed of track almost every race.
Exactly @Napalm_LT i've only managed to hold B Dr (so close to A) by being so careful, if your fast enough to lead then no problem and i think manners improve when you get higher ...

I've never had one sport mode race in GTS. Nil, zero, none. I've never felt the need to race against random people who's driving abilities I don't know and can't make allowances for. And ratings, well I'm not bothered by those.

Although come to think of it you were all a bunch of random people at one time, but now I know as friends. :P

Guys - I have opened a thread on GTS - please have a look if you are interested in racing on GTS on Wednesday evenings and please answer the Unicorn cars questionnaire - @IfAndOr - you will be relieved to hear that there is no requirement to own any Unicorn cars - if we use any, there will always be low cost alternatives to choose from.

Click on the link below to reach the GTS thread

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...20-30-21-30-unicorn-car-questionnaire.393834/

It seems I will be your genial host again on Monday, and possibly for the rest of this series. Sick doesn't like the car he's picked! And he's also spending time sorting out his GTS project (grinding :sly:).

So like last week you'll all get an invite from me at race time. 👍

Expect some weather. And some time.

Results from Red Bull Ring

Red Bull GP MON.jpg

Started 10th finished 5th. I'll take that. :)

I'll get this question in early. On Sick's schedule next week is marked for no racing - because of a bank holiday. I'm prepared to host an extra meeting if everyone would like to race.

Let me know and I'll arrange something.

Started 10th finished 5th. I'll take that. :)

I'll get this question in early. On Sick's schedule next week is marked for no racing - because of a bank holiday. I'm prepared to host an extra meeting if everyone would like to race.

Let me know and I'll arrange something.

Yes - the schedule was written before Covid 19 when there was an expectation of people being too busy to race on bank holidays!

What about Hockenheim circuit - the modern version - I think it would be good with these cars!

Hello fellas,

as usual, I uploaded the On-Board and TV Replay views from the last race:

I won't find the time this week for a summary, because I'm busy writing job applications (damn you, corona :mad:)

But the watch is worth it! I qualified in the midfield and have some nice racing with @half_sourly until the pitstops. After, I get passed cleanly by @RagingBullLC and @IfAndOr and manage to spin the car twice in the last 10min :lol:

Good fun again, see y'all next week! :cheers:

For those free to join next Monday (25th) I'll run an extra race at Hockenheim GP - at the usual time.

As Sick says the track works quite nicely with these car and is a good mix of speed and more technical sections. We haven't used it either.

The one thing that I'd note though is that the hairpin turn 4* (the one at the end of the long fast section) is quite tight. You can get around it OK, but with the restricted view from this car be cautious.

Hopefully I'll see you all in Germany. 👍 (Sick too??)

* @WiSchmo will of course know the name of the corner. :)

Hi guys,

attached you find my replays from Monday's race at Spa:

Again, and probably for some time coming, I don't have the time for a comprehensive summary. I'll keeping busy with job applications and preparations for my PhD defense, instead... :crazy:
As a result, while other get faster with every race, I seem to slow down :lol: I spend most of the time at the back of the queue, mainly because I get weirdly sucked in by the pit wall after the first corner. However, I'm making less mistakes than last race (actually not that hard ;)) and am having a blast again racing with many different drivers.
All in all, an exciting and fun race :gtpflag: See everyone on track next week!

keeping busy with job applications and preparations for my PhD defense
Good luck with all of that.
and am having a blast again racing
Splendid.

I had quite a good race, managing to see more traffic than I do sometimes. And didn't crash, which is always a positive.
Sorry @beachboy6658 I managed to get within your 1 second penalty at the end. Well ok I'm not that sorry. ;) Good scrap 👍

And talking about penalties, I think I've just about got the track limit penalty sorted. It'll give you a warning, just to let you know you're exceeding the limits, but in most cases that'll disappear before you have to slow down (and get someone crashing into the back of you). It might require tweaking between tracks.

I hope everyone is enjoying the changing weather and lighting conditions that adds a bit of variation over the course of the race. I'm not that keen on Le Mans (too long) so that may have something different each lap to make it a bit more interesting!!

I'm going to override Sick's rules slightly here!

For this one race only (Le Mans) there will be NO COMPULSORY PITSTOP required. It's for various reasons found during my testing. You can of course stop if you want to. Pitstops will be back to normal the week after.

Damage will also be off (not visual). Again for... reasons.

I did try rain but won't include it here. It's quite fun in the wet and the cars aren't too bad, but I didn't want to add any extra chances of crashing on such a long track, you might not catch up with anyone again - which is partly related to the pitstop removal. Maybe there'll be a bit of wetness on a later race.

See you Monday. 👍

How's fuel setting?
I'm probably going to set that to off, no fuel use. Otherwise that's going to bring pitstops into play again. These cars do consume fuel very quickly when at Le Mans speeds! Tyre wear will be on authentic as usual, although the default hards would last for a much longer race. Mechanical damage will be on.

There might be something time related you asked about a few races back! Although I've tried to keep the track temperature above 30°C to keep some heat in those hard tyres.

Latest Posts

Back